It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sanctions: Middle East stock crash wipes £27bn off markets as Tehran enters oil war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
I believe tomorrow Stock Market are going to be Head line News across the board.

As we watch the index fall.

Will there be a panic tomorrow when the Markets open, we will have to wait and see.

The Dow isn't tanking, surprisingly. At least, not yet.

But oil is down under $29 now.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Personally, I love that gas is so cheap because I spend a lot of time on the road but I know it's not about me.

We here in Texas are worried that this is going to hurt our economy. Lower oil prices have oil companies scaling back on production and cutting jobs.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I believe we in the US will find that the 'Genie' is out of the bottle. The opec countries are finding their transition into 'oil adulthood' has formed many competitors, all willing to cutthroat any and all countries with which they share oil sales. There is a BIG glut and these countries are trying to move into the position of major exporters. By their own designs, they will collapse their markets in the rush to outsell, as their neighbors try doing the same.

By 'oil adulthood' I mean the beginnings of opec were designed to work smoothly simply selling oil. Once some of the countries became wealthier and re-invested in oil, they became competition within the cartels. With constantly changing alliances, the 'rule of opec' fragmented. It will only continue to become more and more competitive as each country tries to out-produce each other. And for the US, we can pick and choose the price we are willing to pay.......
And likely have opec members beating down our doors trying to sell exclusively to us.

And consider if Donald Trump gets elected, which looks very likely, We will massacre the market. By the passage of a years time, the market may be ripe for Plunder. A nice change for everybody here who has been held captive by opec.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

You would have to go to the internet way back machine for that, lol. Are they still in or out?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just read a new thread today that gas prices in NY is $1.19 a gallon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is just the beginning, now that Iran has swamp the oil Markets with new oil.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I think it`s because of greed, after refining the oil they pump here in America it can be sold overseas for a lot more than it can be sold in America. The price for a gallon of gas costs a lot more in Europe than in America,if you had the choice of selling gas for $1.30 a gallon in America or $8 a gallon in Europe where would you sell your gas?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
While that makes sense, the European market is broke... Greece and the like. I doubt there will be as much demand as will be needed to make the choice profitable.

Used to be, tankers were full of Brent crude just waiting in shallow waters for the price to get where they wanted it.... then they would come into the port and unload. I suspect those tankers are now costing Lots of steel plating replacement and bottom paint..

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

nice way of illustrating your point.

thanks for your input

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

yes, that was kind of what I assumed but I wasn't sure. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Xtrozero

China's yuan will become the gold standard.

You do realize that the dollar is a debt note, and printed out of debt. ?

When, in a 100 years? Yuan has been prop up with 10% per year fake growth for a few decades and they will hurt a lot more than us when it is all over. No need to debate this, lets just watch the show.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yep...... that's something to consider... I think your right, in fact I think you could safely say they will crash even harder than we will.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The change has begun. 2016 has only just started. Patience, grasshopper.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join