It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review......"Joy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I knew that Jennifer Lawrence was a super star when I saw her in the Indy film "winters bone"
Many reviewers are panning this film but I thought it was a great story, solid characters and performances.
The editing was choppy and confusing at times but if you need an uplifting film devoid of blood and guts...this is it.

edit on 17-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Lawrence is such a good actor. I liked the movie, but like you, I thought the editing was a bit messy at times, but Lawrence's character made up for it. Cooper's character, imo, should have been better developed, but those two together (Lawrence and Cooper) have a great synergy that just comes across in everything they do together...American Hustler, Silver Linings Playbook and now Joy. (I haven't seen Serena yet). Great chemistry!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I enjoyed this movie a lot. Strong acting, good story line, funny because i was looking through some flyers irl and to my amusement, they had this mop for sale.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i love j law.
winters bone was great.

joy however was not a very good flick.
j law did a good job but the movie overall was just not good.

i find myself wondering if j law is going to spend the rest of her career working with bradley cooper and david o russell.
im kind of over it

new topics

top topics

join