It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Network Newscasts Were All-Trump, All The Time In 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Story coming from the notorious Media Matters website.

They are saying the Big3 (and free) networks gave Trump more airtime than Hillary and Sanders.

The Big3 (ABC, CBS, NBC) have something like 4 times more viewers than cable networks (FOX, CNN, etc).

Makes you wonder if this is a main factor Trump seems to be smothering all the other Candidates.

And it opens some debate as to *WHY* this is happening.

Usually the Big3 are seen as "Liberal" in comparison to "Conservative" FOX for example.

Media Matters itself seems to be a "Left" leaning outfit and maybe there's a hidden message here.

Why would the Big3 networks appear to be "supporting" Trump?

Unless perhaps they are showing more "negative" out of context clips and points compared to Hillary or Sanders who may be getting "positive" context with less time? (plan backfiring?)

Strange. MainStreamMedia = MainStreamPropaganda ?

Confirmed: Network Newscasts Were All-Trump, All The Time In 2015

Donald Trump didn't announce his candidacy until mid-June of last year, but still managed to be covered as the second biggest news story for all of 2015 on the network evening newscasts.

Between ABC's World News Tonight, the CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly News, Trump's campaign captured 327 minutes of airtime, according to television news analyst Andrew Tyndall (ABC: 121, CBS: 84, NBC: 122 minutes, respectively). That figure doesn't include the network newscasts' coverage of the Republican debates, which garnered an additional 123 minutes of airtime.

Context: ABC's evening news broadcast produced almost as much Trump coverage last year as it did for the Ebola panic in 2014.

How does Trump's 327 minutes compare to other candidates this year and to coverage for previous campaign cycles? Trump's figure is off the charts. Over the last decade, the networks' evening newscasts have never showered a presidential campaign with the kind of attention they gave Trump one year before the White House vote even takes place.

background on MediaMatters

Hmmm

edit on Jan-16-2016 by xuenchen because: sorosism at work?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's all about rating, market share, profit and greed.

Trump is entertaining and garners viewers, thus people to hang advertising on....

Politics doesn't even enter into the equation.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Great find Xue! Mr Trump continues to plow forward, the rest of the candidates continue to sling the poo.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Trump gets air time because he says crazy and inflammatory things. These are not stories about details of policies because they do not exist. They are more this what crazy thing Trump said today. He is like the Kim Kardashian of politics. They both do whatever they can for attention and people watch so they can get outraged. They both have small loyal groups of supporters but, are hated by the population at large. Never think any news station has an agenda beyond making money.

link   
Just wait until he's elected.

The White House will be set up like a reality tv show.

I'm sure plans are already underway for Celebrity Apprentice to The President.
It's going to be cool to see Putin cracking comments during dinner with the Trumps.

link   

Meh. At this point, I would vote for a Drag Queen that believed in the Constitution and didn't lie to get elected versus pushing a button for one of the next ten Globalists in line to ruin the country.

I will never get the awful, dirty sock taste out of my mouth from "Hope and Change"!

To be honest, I think it shows more how the "Ministry of Truth" is losing the "Information War"?

Then again, when the President of the United States doesn't even have security clearance for some of the "dark projects", what does that tell you about who really runs the country?

edit on 16-1-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

If we are to analyse Joseph Goebbels infamous quote If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it in regards to these media statistics, then indeed there appears to be a grand push to put Trump in the face of Americans.

If you look at what is happening in the world vis-a-vis social upheavals in Europe, Financial market strain, Terrorism etc, and understand Trumps policies in regards to same, the puppetmasters of the world appear to be pushing to install him in the Whitehouse, giving him the keys to the military and US budget to do their bidding.

Food for thought.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Why would the Big3 networks appear to be "supporting" Trump?

They aren't, they just know that Trump is going to say something crazy and people like to watch that.

Kinda like people who watch NASCAR just for the crash.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

God, I loved Archie Bunker!!!! "Meathead"!!! Awesome tar seeker!!!!!

Hope and change.... pffffftttt..

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Meanwhile, it seemed to me that every time I opened the Drudge report, he had Hillary on the top of the news. It was confusing to me since he is said to be right wing.
But I've not done a detailed study of the issue---just know that I stopped going to Drudge just to avoid that nauseous feeling I get when looking upon her visage.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You just named 5 "NEWS" networks that run 24 hrs a day and every one of them ditched their investigative journalism departments years ago. News shows used to run an hour tops each day and they could inform everyone on important issues with that time.

Now you could sit there and watch the damn channels for the entire 24 hrs and the real info could all be fit into a 15-minute segment.

News channels are no longer about delivering the news they are there to entertain and Trump is a veteran entertainer so he gives them what they want. Crap, fluff, soundbites to bitch and moan over and over or analyse again and again so you will watch and be dumber for it.
edit on 16-1-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

They both do whatever they can for attention and people watch so they can get outraged. They both have small loyal groups of supporters but, are hated by the population at large. Never think any news station has an agenda beyond making money.

Wow! Comparing Trump with Kim Kardashian is really a desprete move. I can see you clearly hate Trump.

Well that's just to bad considering Trump is now being supported by 45% of the American population.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Well that's just to bad considering Trump is now being supported by 45% of the American population.

Based on what?!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Meanwhile, it seemed to me that every time I opened the Drudge report, he had Hillary on the top of the news. It was confusing to me since he is said to be right wing.
But I've not done a detailed study of the issue---just know that I stopped going to Drudge just to avoid that nauseous feeling I get when looking upon her visage.

Drudge mostly shows "negative" Hillary stories.

And they are far from MSM.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Meh. At this point, I would vote for a Drag Queen that believed in the Constitution and didn't lie to get elected versus pushing a button for one of the next ten Globalists in line to ruin the country.

I will never get the awful, dirty sock taste out of my mouth from "Hope and Change"!

To be honest, I think it shows more how the "Ministry of Truth" is losing the "Information War"?

Then again, when the President of the United States doesn't even have security clearance for some of the "dark projects", what does that tell you about who really runs the country?

You think Trump is not a Globalist? That he is some kind of outsider? That is delusional thinking.

It is odd to think Hope and Change is a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

That is wrong so wrong.

The 45% number comes from registered republicans and only the ones who were surveyed said they have chosen a candidate.

Roughly 60% of those registered republicans when surveyed said they are undecided.

So Trump is actually supported by 45% of the 40% of those registered republicans who were surveyed.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You think Trump is not a Globalist? That he is some kind of outsider? That is delusional thinking.

I don't know what Trump is, other than a successful business man who admitted to buying politicians so he could make millions!

He at least said something that up until he said it, was speculation and "Conspiracy Theory"!

I have no hope and the change I have been seeing isn't looking very good at the moment!

So who is delusional?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: MrSpad

They both do whatever they can for attention and people watch so they can get outraged. They both have small loyal groups of supporters but, are hated by the population at large. Never think any news station has an agenda beyond making money.

Wow! Comparing Trump with Kim Kardashian is really a desprete move. I can see you clearly hate Trump.

I don't see it as too much of a stretch. Wouldn't be surprised if Trump did a magazine cover with a glass of champagne on his butt. If it got him ratings, he would do it.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I don't know what Trump is, other than a successful business man who admitted to buying politicians so he could make millions!

He at least said something that up until he said it, was speculation and "Conspiracy Theory"!

I have no hope and the change I have been seeing isn't looking very good at the moment!

So who is delusional?

He's been in bankruptcy several times and really financially hurt his investors every time. I don;t believe you, personally, to be delusional. Just the thought that he is somehow 'above' globalists and 'just tells the truth'. I don't think he believes 90% of what he says.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
New slogan ....

Feel the DONULD

top topics

<<   2 >>

join