It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the 'Book of Revelation' originally a Jewish Text that was later doctored by 'Christians' ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I guess chester doesn't like having it pointed out that for someone who claims to have read the bible 20 its odd that he doesn't know the Beast is what beginners mistake as the Anti Christ

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

John was a Christian

no he was a Messianic Jew just as all the apostles were. they all practiced Hebrew / Jewish customs and held to the same Hebrew / Jewish beliefs as before.

even Jesus was Jewish, he held the same practices as all Jews did, the last super is just one example. they gathered to celebrate the Passover, a Jewish feast to celebrate the liberation from enslavement from the Egyptians. there are several more. just read.

further more if you look to where that they talked with Paul about how he was to go gentiles and evangelize. they at first wanted them to stay with Jewish customs, but later decided to... well just read Galatians 2 or Acts 15 actually got that backwards Should be Acts 15 then Galatians 2

they saw themselves as Jews.
born and still were jews,that believed in the Messiah differently than other Jews.
edit on 16-1-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Don't be a wise guy im awareof the distinction and it essentially nominal

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

As for Saul the Pharisee I don't follow those who said they were Apostles and were not. There are only 12 Apostles

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And jew was still an ethnicity even if they changed religions they be disciples, messianic jews or Christian however you want to word it they converted.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

The Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite (Book of Revelation) beginning in chapter 4 was originally a Jewish Apocalyptic book (possibly dating from the time of Nero c. 67 CE) which was later doctored/commandeered by Jewish 'Christians' during the time of Domitian (c. 96 CE).

Wow. No wonder why it speaks of another Jesus.

Jesus says he holds the keys to death and hell in The Book of Revelation.
In the Gospels, Jesus holds the keys to Eternal Life.

In Revelations, Jesus threatens to kill children for being born of adultery.

In the Gospel, he says not to hurt children.

In Revelation, there is no Love, Mercy, of Forgiveness unlike The Jesus from The Gospels.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

know ye not that the beast is a man whose number is 666, that man is the incarnation of Satan,

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Also the book of Daniel has a lot to say about this man, who is the beast.

I though you would have at least said the one who sat on the mercy seat and declared himself god was Antiochus Epiphanes with a total denial that the book of Daniel was for more than just 450BC but also the future as it was not all fulfilled. A freshman Bible scholar would have seen that the beast is a man in Revelation 13.

You show so much of the love of Jesus Christ in all your words, I am truly drawn to your wisdom because of that great love you put forth.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Alsoa reply to: ChesterJohn

You said anti Christ. I know it's the Beast. My point is you can't use the right word? were talking about Revelation and you said THE anti Christ, a non existent concept. Antichrists lived in johns time and were people. The Beast is a pretty different idea, so you with your 20 years have no excuse for not knowing this or furthering confusion

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Pauline Christianity is the downfall of Christendomd

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You talked about the throne of the anti Christ when no such being was written about in Revelation or any where else. Your the type of guy who never noticed Saul said women should have their heads shaved if they talk in church, and was pro slavery. Or how much he lies.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
But hey what are facts when you got a nifty word like anti Christ to use

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

No I never said he had a throne. See there you go adding to what I said with words I never said. I am sure you do this quite often.

I said he/antichrist sat on the "mercy seat" in the temple which will be rebuilt during the great Tribulation.

John said this and this was after 70 AD He knew that that antichrist will come, and he saw him and knew who he was and his number and he is the beast

1 John 2:18 “Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.”

You are unable to put things together when need be except for your false teachings about Paul.

You're a troll, name calling, antagonizing and belittling. I am almost willing to say you are a disinformationalist for Satan, disseminating false teachings about Paul and the Christ Jesus he knew personally, the Christ you have yet to meet.

edit on 16-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Don't be a wise guy im awareof the distinction and it essentially nominal

no if anybody is being a wise guy it's you and your arrogance.
you dismiss any and all that don't agree with you without countering with any thing other than your op.

i have clearly pointed out that they saw themselves as Jews as did Jesus. it is all through the gospels and the New Testament.

nominal

hardly, if all the apostles saw themselves as Jews, that does away with your they were Christians. Jesus held to Jewish traditions which clearly shows he was there for Jews. he even says so. he came for the lost of is Israel first.

he even told the twelve to stay away from the gentiles when he first sent them out.

Matthew 10:5-6New American Standard Bible (NASB)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not [a]go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; 6 but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

just about all scholars ( except whackos that want to discredit the the New Testament) agree that all of Johns works were written from a Jewish view point.
and although John doesn't say the word antichrist in Revelations, he does say false prophet. another Hebrew word for prophet is , the term mashiach, or english"Messiah. meaning the anointed one. kings, prophets, and priests were anointed with oil. kings were known to be prophets.

and he does call the the antichrist by antichrist his first Epistle. as do many all through the New Testament

1 John 2:18King James Version (KJV)
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

edit on 16-1-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The guys a troll

John is the only one who uses the term Antichrist and in only one use is he speaking of him that is to come during the Great Tribulation.

he further clarified who is an antichrist. One who denies Jesus is the Christ. Which literally also means anyone who denies Jesus Deity. anyone who says Jesus never came in the flesh this is both his actuality of his coming and of his being God in the flesh

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Paul dealt with these same types.

The antichrist will make himself the Christ until he is found out when he sits on the mercy seat in the temple and defiles it with a sacrifice and it wont be a pig. The Jews/Israel will scatter, the veil of their minds will be removed according to the book of Hebrews and they will then know Jesus Christ was and is their promised messiah and King.

edit on 16-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this was an interesting subject till ChesterJohn and Gnosisisfaith started biching like little schoolgirls. ok so maybe not so much ChesterJohn but still would you care to enlighten and not enable those trying to push your buttons i thought well NM.
edit on 16-1-2016 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

yea, i know i just like putting it in trolls faces sometimes.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

I was just refuting his nonsense but I do believe the Book of Revelation is a Jewish book beginning to end.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Jja reply to: ChesterJohn

Did you notice Iaalready mentioned that and that it was usedvplurally? And there still is no anti Christ prophecy . You should've just said beast, this vpost is on revelation and you thought vrevelation said anti Christ. You should have known that with your 20 years of knowledge. Your still trying to worm out of it. Don't act like a know it all and I won't make you feel stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yeah accept that it has christ in it which makes it Christian

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Pretty hard to refute me when you thought the Anti Christ was the beast and I corrected you

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join