It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland has jailed 26 bankers, why won't we?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GOrwell

Racist ? Dude I hate racism, but I couldn't be racist even if I wanted to be, I'm not white. Only whites can be racist, I just tell it like it is

I never understood the statement "Only whites can be racist" can you explain it to me?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Racist ? Dude I hate racism, but I couldn't be racist even if I wanted to be, I'm not white. Only whites can be racist, I just tell it like it is

I never understood the statement "Only whites can be racist" can you explain it to me?

If you're part of the power structure i.e. "white males" you cannot be discriminated against because you are in the "majority"; and by your very existence the power structure is perpetuated.

Some laughably ignorant people actually believe this.

(post by GOrwell removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

thanks for sharing OP - this is an important question andwe really do need grass roots movements with the masses standing up against this manipulative bullsh*t

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Sure, thanks for asking. This is because whites are the oppressors and the other races are the victims of their oppression. One cannot be both the victim and the oppressor. That is how my college algebra professor explained it to me. Pretty simple really

What if I'm a white guy in China...

Whites are the minority in Texas, out percentage by both Latin Americans/Mexicans and Blacks, so what does that mean in a Republic type Government?

Can racism be at the individual level?

(post by EightTF3 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I guess in Iceland the banks are not in collusion with the govt, as they obviously are in North America.. partners in crime so to speak.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GOrwell

obvious troll is much too obvious lol. Just alert and ignore.

We need to lobby whomever , and when I say lobby I mean bribe, to sponsor a citizen written bill that will create law to remove immunity from all industry tops and elites. We cannot include politicians yet though, because they would see the writing on the wall a mile away. So we need good philanthropists with money to bribe , *ahem* lobby semi-decent reps to sponsor these laws, Once we pass that and start jailing banksters, pharma corps, monsanto and anyone else who has the immunity removed, we can move on to tackling political immunity a decade or two later down the road.

(post by GOrwell removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I wonder how long before the US passes a law making it illegal to jail bankers, just in case this catches on.

The Icelandic people first overthrew their government and rewrote their constitution before pursuing the bankers.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
To be blunt, large banking institutions, investment banks, and hedge funds are great investment tools. And wealthy people love making money off of them. Why would wealthy politicians arrest people who are virtual superstars to them? I mean this seriously. When they speak about the market being up or down, it's not meant for normal people. It's referring to the large investors' perspective.

Also, many of those people are their relatives, former classmates, neighbors, fellow club/association members, and the such. Those same "crooked" bankers could've given them investment tips at various times, could've hosted the party their cousin was raving about a few weeks prior, or could even be someone they're having a secret fling with. In other words, people usually find it harder to attack people they like, care about, or believe they need. Yes, it's a sickening double standard but it's the truth. (There's also the whole "they've taken the economy hostage & threaten to crash it if politicians push back too hard" thing.)

As for the racism crap in this thread: What's wrong with some of you?

1. Anyone can be racist. Racism isn't limited to people in power in a specific jurisdiction. That's referring to systemic racism and institutionalized racism. After all, there's racism in virtually every country, from Egypt, and Vietnam to Sudan (against the darker black people of South Sudan) and South Africa. Racism deals with thinking a specific "race" is superior or inferior to others. That's it.

2. Jewish people are people just like everyone else. Some are nice, some are mean; some are very charitable, and some are greedy. Just like every other demographic on this planet. Acting like Jewish people are the problems is stupid, seeing as the vast majority of this country's demographics aren't Jewish, which includes voters, investors, and lawmakers at the state, local, and federal level. If we're going to start blaming people for the problems in our representative democracy, why don't we start with the individuals who are actually in each position of power? You know, that whole "personal responsibility" thing.

3. And of course, greed is the obvious culprit here. There is no ethnic group that is immune to greed. Most central bankers and business moguls in Africa are brown skinned, and yet they face the same problems of corruption as we do here. On the other hand, Nigeria's new President Buhari is doing a massive anti-corruption campaign right now. And they're catching a lot of people, even more so than Iceland has. I haven't followed it enough to see about the conviction rates & I think it's more in the "give back what you stole & you may gain some leniency" phase. But he's proving that this can be done in more countries if their voters have the will to see this through. But in America, politicians & media aren't even mentioning stuff like this because they want to keep you all focused on their preferred bogeymen. And many of you seem quite eager to go along with this.

edit on 16-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: corrected a typo & clarified about Buhari. typing waaaaaay too fast. hmph

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why would the politicians and judges want to jail the people who line their pockets with money???

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I wonder how long before the US passes a law making it illegal to jail bankers, just in case this catches on.

The Icelandic people first overthrew their government and rewrote their constitution before pursuing the bankers.

That appears to be in the proper order. Corrupted Politicians goes together with Corrupted Bankers.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Our corporately owned politicians would never punish their fellow Banksters!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

In other words, Iceland went on a sort of mini French Revolution minus the guillotines?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Can you imagine participating in a protest outside the White House and forcing the entire U.S. government to resign? Can you imagine a group of randomly chosen private citizens rewriting the U.S. constitution to include measures banning corporate fraud? It seems incomprehensible in the U.S., but Icelanders did just that. Icelanders forced their entire government to resign after a banking fraud scandal, overthrowing the ruling party and creating a citizen’s group tasked with writing a new constitution that offered a solution to prevent corporate greed from destroying the country. The constitution of Iceland was scrapped and is being rewritten by private citizens; using a crowd-sourcing technique via social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. These events have been going on since 2008, yet there’s been no word from the U.S. mainstream media about any of them. In fact, all of the events that unfolded were recorded by international journalists, overseas news bureaus, citizen journalists and bloggers. This has created current accusations of an intentional cover up of the story by mainstream U.S. news sources.

edit on 17-1-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

I couldn't get the link to work so just pasted that bit.

They also kept their president Olafur Grimsson. I watched him being interviewed by Jeremy Paxman, who was trying to take him to task. The Icelandic president was a breath of fresh air and countered every argument Paxman raised with honesty and humility.
edit on 17-1-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
In the US Obama recently proposed extending unemployment benefits as a "New Deal" style stimulus strategy.

The reported unemployment numbers would surge.

The Fed would have to delay the interest rate hikes causing US banks to initially lose millions on mortgage interest.

Our insane national debt would be raised even further.

Possibly more than 26 bank managers would be out of work.

On the positive side.

Money would stimulate the US economy, at a minimum job interviews (new suits and gasoline sales).

Low interest rates would allow further expansion of the housing market/bubble.

Inflation would pick up to and possibly beyond a healthy target effectively reducing our national debt.

This seems like a rerun of the Global politics after 1920's.
OOPS we can't repay national debts during a global deflation!

In Iceland

the rightwing Farmers’ party got in because they promised to erase everyone’s debts, which of course they now can’t do.

That would be akin to electing Trump and defaulting on debt to China.

So of course if that were to be the plan, we could't let Obama go on a "New Deal" style spending spree to clothe the children before appearing in bankruptcy court could we?

edit on 17-1-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I see the Japanese are refusing to take in migrants or refugees, and intend to keep their race 'pure' is that racism?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

until proven guilty ..
until someone speaks up
until some countries grow some balls and get their s** together and put proper laws in place (won't happen)
until ethics are in fashion

they will just keep on washing billions yearly through Costa Rica or Switzerland no one can prove nothing

BUT

you people it is so in your hands too
It is possible
If it is the change you want to see

It takes like 20000 petition signatures to pass a bill to get government or bankers audited ..
Not just Ron Paul
Not enough time in this world to waste your breath ..
Let them have it

edit on 17-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join