It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran - US prisoner swap deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well they do have a county in the region that is known to attack nuclear facilities.

Undeclared nuclear weapons facilities..

Iraq and Syria.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Swap? I am curious as to who are we giving up in exchange for a journalist, pastor, marine, and business man?
Has there been any news released on that?

I say we give them our congress for the exchange

Let's give them Justin Bieber, the Kardashians (including Caitlin), Trump, Clinton, and Nicki Minaj as an added bonus

edit on 16-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Swap? I am curious as to who are we giving up in exchange for a journalist, pastor, marine, and business man?

Let's give them Justin Bieber, the Kardashians (including Caitlin), Trump, Clinton, and Nicki Minaj as an added bonus

Outstanding! We can probably come up with more of those that waste our oxygen without expending additional effort.

We should also take the passports of those that were prisoners and have a public shredding. All we need is more provocateurs poking the tiger so that we have to rescue them. Maybe we have to do a Mission Impossible variant; "should you get caught selling bibles in a heartless Islamic dictatorship that depends on the Great Satan to distract its suppressed citizens, we will not acknowledge you, listen to your family whine about it, or fail to suppress the MSM "boo hoo" sympathy pieces. This goes for any private US citizen that ignores warnings and travels to any unstable or suppressive state to include North Korea, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, and any others on State Department lists.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Just wait till Trump takes the helm of the nation and becomes potus. I really dont see the Iranians playing nicely considering the mans feelings towards people of the Muslim persuasion.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well turns out Obama didn't learn. We returned 7 American-Iranians and dropped charges against 14 more. Couple this with the billion plus in interest the US paid.

US, Iran leaders hail nuclear deal but US imposes new sanctions

Under the exchange, Washington said it had granted clemency to seven Iranians, six of whom were dual US-Iranian citizens, and dropped charges against 14 more.

edit on 17-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The massively mysterious "4th prisoner" that no one knows anything about didn't show up for the plane that the other three used to go back to USA.

Now, media outlets that closely follow Iran say that they don't know ANYTHING about this person. There has been zero appeal from the public for their release, there has been zero mention of their name by the Governments of Iran or the United States. There is no mention of this person ANY WHERE on social media or anywhere else online.

Now, it's extremely difficult to NOT be mentioned online, anywhere in this day and age. I have two theories.

1) This is cover for some sort of massive side deal the State Department made during the nuclear negotiations. "We want you to do this, this and this, and let's just call it a "4th prisoner" so you can save face. Obama and Kerry have both said that there are several top secret provisions in the deal.

If we hear of something weird that the Iranians do in the next few weeks / months that was very, very unexpected, I'd assume this was the "4th prisoner".

2) My wilder theory is this. Iran and Russia are very, very close diplomatically. My wild theory is that somehow the Russians have slotted themselves into these negotiations, and the "4th prisoner" is cover for Edward Snowden being repatriated to the United States from Moscow, with some sort of unofficial pardon. How's THAT for a Conspiracy Theory ?

Let's wait and see.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Just wait till Trump takes the helm of the nation and becomes potus. I really dont see the Iranians playing nicely considering the mans feelings towards people of the Muslim persuasion.

There isn't a country in the Middle East that will "play nicely" with President Trump. There are also many, many countries in the Far East with large Muslim populations that do a ton of business with the USA that will certainly be very, very unhappy with President Trump.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Well turns out Obama didn't learn. We returned 7 American-Iranians and dropped charges against 14 more. Couple this with the billion plus in interest the US paid.

Under the exchange, Washington said it had granted clemency to seven Iranians, six of whom were dual US-Iranian citizens, and dropped charges against 14 more.

When we find out what the deal was with the "4th prisoner" I bet a lot on the far right will be eating their words.

I strongly suspect the "4th prisoner" that no one knew about and that did NOT show up for the airplane back to the United States is actually a cover up for some sort of massive deal that the State Department made on the side.

Don't judge the deal saying "they got 7, but we only got 4" without knowing all the details. Which we might never know.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I wonder if the mystery person has a nationality other than American.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
State Department is claiming that the 4th Prisoner is a "businessman" who "doesn't want to leave Iran".

This argument is getting way less believable as the day goes on. I doubt there's a businessman almost anywhere on the planet that doesn't have some sort of online presence. Some sort of company website listing them as an employee, some sort of "Contact Me" page online, SOMEWHERE.

It would be extremely hard to do business without any online presence whatsoever. Several media outlets are saying they can't find ANY story anywhere about this guy ever being detained, arrested, or even existing.

American State Department officials are claiming they knew nothing about him until the negotiations. Likely because THEY MADE HIM UP to cover for something else.

I also find it extremely hard to believe that any business would lose personnel in Iran and not go running to the Government for assistance in dealing with a release.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I wonder if the mystery person has a nationality other than American.

State Department released a statement that he was a "previously unknown American".

CNN and other media outlets are saying that they have zero record of this guy. Can't even find him online, nada.

That in itself alone should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists' tongues wagging.

However, when there's a blatant conspiracy theory starting them in the face, most don't want to put in any effort into investigating.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Obama has learned that it's pretty much useless to charge people with crimes in countries without extradition treaties.

It would be the GOP who refuse to learn that sometimes you've just gotta throw in the towel and move on.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If you're gonna start handing over Canadians (Justin Bieber) you should at least start with TED CRUZ.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

$25 Billion per hostage.

You can't do simple math. It's $150 billion, and 4 prisoners. $37.5 bn per. You must have graduated Common Core, where getting the actual answer isn't important.

And anyway, this was ALREADY Iranian money, it was just a frozen account. They weren't GIVEN $150 bn.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So pretty much big business are the winners and every one else gets second prize?

Sounds about right.

Lets just hope cooler heads prevail and the American people see Trump for what he is, that being a racist xenophobic bigot with an axe to grind.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

If you're gonna start handing over Canadians (Justin Bieber) you should at least start with TED CRUZ.

HA! Good point, I forgot he was a Canadian. I still want him gone - Cruz can go as well. He looks like the witch from Snow White, only fatter and a little more masculine (and without the mole)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join