It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your happiest memories that no money could buy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I find happiness more in the little things. A hug from my children...that look my husband gives me just before he brushes my hair out of the way to give me a kiss. Anything nature provides is happiness to me, from sun rises and sunsets, to a spring rain, and the first snowfall. Hearing my children playing and laughing. The little things, as we grow older turn out to be the best memories.
If I had to choose just one, it would be fulfilling a wish my mother had. She was ill for years with cancer and never strayed far from home. But all she ever wanted was to see the east coast of Canada and travel through Nova Scotia. She loved the wild flowers (lupines) that grow everywhere. She died never being able to see it. It took me many years, but not only did I travel out here, I stayed. After a year, I went back home, bringing with me the seeds of the wildflowers she loved so much. I planted them by her gravestone,so she would always have a piece of Nova Scotia.
Every summer my husband and I take a road trip around the province to somewhere new, and every trip I wear the necklace that was my mother's, so she is with me in some way too. I guess, her dreams became my reality, and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join