It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask not..what you're Country can do for you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I can't help feeling a bit empty these days. My outlook may be over-analytical or a bit too negative, but I can't help feeling like I'm waiting. As 2005 rang in, I wondered, what's next?

Comparing the unique decades of the twentieth century, I was suprised to see that each brought a momentum that served to build upon the growing confidence of our very unique Nation. I'm a bit eccentric and sometimes do some "strange" things, like talking with older people to gauge their own feelings about today's World, you know WWII vets, retired steelworkers, farmers, etc...

When JFK was shot dead, they say the World stopped for a second. Of course that was a much different time, but I wonder...what if the same scenario happened today? Today, were respect is earned through...........what was that again? I quess that I might have to tune into CNN to find out.

Call me crazy, but I believe that everyone has "class" and "character. " It's not the 1960's anymore, and when brilliant people emerge, might we look upon them in a differing light? I couldn't help but notice a young politician named Barack Obama. He's a very unique fellow, and well the media will obviously seek to make or break him, I wonder... WHY are people forming opinions around what privately established bussinesses such as CNN and FOX report? Why not read up on it yourself, why not make time to arm oneself with a more solidified knowledge base?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Young William, its far easier to let others do the thinking for you.

I agree, though, if people studied issues more they would see far more clearly how full of it tv's talking heads are. They're ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have been following him also Obama has a future, and who knows he may be our first black American president, still a while to go occurs.

Now I hope he doesn't get too tainted by interest groups like all the others has done in the past and present.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
As I've mentioned elsewhere, a friend of mine thinks Obama is the second coming!
He did sound good at the Convention, but I will have to see how he handles issues. He is very young in his service.

I'm telling anyone who will listen to keep their eyes on former Oklahoma congressman J.C. Watts. He could very well be our first black president. I foresee the party running him in the event Hillary runs (in '08). What better to trump the first aspirant woman for the office than the first black man?

new topics

top topics

join