It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do some members have very few posts, but millions of stars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I enjoy the star and flag system a lot, and although it really doesn't mean much, some members seem to have varying degrees of stars and flags in accordance to their post count.

I often find myself noticing how a particular member that I don't often agree with, tends to have more posts than stars (coincidentally, not because I'm actually judging the stars), and some other members have a very respectable number of stars that doubles, triples (or even more) the number of posts they have.

In many cases it is just a matter of quality of content a member is posting.

However, ever so often I'll come across a member with the most insane number of stars to posts ratio. Sometimes we can attribute this to a very popular member (usually a moderator) that posts extremely interesting, up to date, and new information in an intriguing way.

But, I've just noticed a particular member (not naming any names, because it doesn't really matter), that has only 650 posts, and over 6 million stars. That's nearly 10,000 stars per post.

The highest number of stars I've seen in a single post was something like mid 100's or 200's, but certainly not 1000, and certainly not 10,000 (let alone 650 times).

Out of curiosity I snooped around and found that most of their posts didn't gather all that many stars.

So I'm just curious as to how such a thing can occur? Is it a glitch in the system? Could you once purchase stars when the forum had that currency thing a while back? (they are an older member, too)

Or did I just miss the posts where thousands and thousands of ATS's agreed/liked what the person said?

Just found it odd.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Seems to be a bug with some of the newer members.

Ever since ATS switched to the current theme and feature set there have been many long standing bugs that have yet to be resolved.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Seems to be a bug with some of the newer members.

This member was older than me. Although I'm not discounting the possibility that the bug effected this person (and others) in more recent times.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's a bug with older members actually. Members that joined prior to 2006, on one of the previous updates found a glitch that gave them a ton of stars under specific conditions.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The bug actually only affects some users who existed before the change, not newer members.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's a bug with older members actually. Members that joined prior to 2006, on one of the previous updates found a glitch that gave them a ton of stars under specific conditions.

Well speak of the devil, mr 42 million!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

mr 42 million!

Actually that represents the number of times he has watched Pixar's Planes...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Well speak of the devil, mr 42 million!

But he deserves the 42 million. This used to be a country of opportunity that disappeared about the time Obama took over.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But he deserves the 42 million. This used to be a country of opportunity that disappeared about the time Obama took over.

Really? Not Bush?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I'm not sure I qualify as "very few posts" though.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

However, ever so often I'll come across a member with the most insane number of stars to posts ratio. Sometimes we can attribute this to a very popular member (usually a moderator) that posts extremely interesting, up to date, and new information in an intriguing way.

But, I've just noticed a particular member (not naming any names, because it doesn't really matter), that has only 650 posts, and over 6 million stars. That's nearly 10,000 stars per post.

So I'm just curious as to how such a thing can occur?

It tells you the particular member is a reptilian.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

So I'm just curious as to how such a thing can occur?

It tells you the particular member is a reptilian.

I thought that was the whole "Member" vs "member" thing? (slithers off into a corner...)
edit on 16-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thats just simple math.
A few tips...

Reply early!
Reply with meaningful content and not one sentence replies
Reply to posts you can engage in with true experience or connection
Avoid replying to posts that go nowhere
Keep on topic but try to expand the interest of the topic to gain more replies

or just be a troll have 20 accounts and give yourself a billion stars
edit on 16-1-2016 by diogeneese33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2016 by diogeneese33 because: Had to add some humor! and a possible truth

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
We made a pact with the Tuatha Dé Danann. In exchange for stars, we had to sacrifice and pledge ourselves to The Morrígan. . .

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I think this has been answered a few times. Though, I may have read board business forum more than the average person though and remember it. lol

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Blame obama

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The bug actually only affects some users who existed before the change, not newer members.

There's a simple way to confirm this.
One can go to the list of members and get them listed in order of star numbers; that's the result we find.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
its a glitch like the one where some members have been registered since 1969
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-1-2016 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
the anomalies of millions-of-stars on accounts with under20,000 posts might be Nature or even the cosmic consciousness at work....an attempt to subliminally point us towards -->

Luminaries....a mass collection of Stars is a Luminary, or a bright source which illuminates the way-ahead...

but in serious reply... its a glitch in the programming... I think the ATS honored William One Sac was in charge of the project
(is the overpopulation of stars a Legacy issue? a residual of/by the spirit realm influence on the Above network?...)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

A smidgeon if envy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join