It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Pine New Sweeper of the Russian Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Original Russian Source: Tvzvezda
Translated into English Here: Fort Russ Blog

Snippet:

More than half of Ukrainian planes and helicopters in the conflict for the independence of LPR and DPR in Donbass were found and shot down by anti-aircraft missile complexes, a modification of the famous "Strela-10M" "the Viper". Now the Design Bureau of precision engineering named A. E. Nudelman in cooperation with the Saratov aggregate plant brought to the state new short-range SAM "Pine" for tests, which surpass its predecessors on all counts. And if this complex were to enter service with the militia, the loss of the Ukrainian aviation could be substantially higher.

If I am reading this correctly it looks like the Russians are planning on adding some nimble new mobile SAM platforms to the Ukraine conflict zone in the second half of this year. These have been engineered for high suitability on a modern battlefield from what I gather. I thought was an interesting resource and wanted to share on ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

The Strela 10 is a nice missile, but short ranged. It'll be interesting to see the changes.
edit on 1/15/2016 by Zaphod58 because: Got my missiles mixed up.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Cool, I am a guy and even though I complain about wasting money on things that go bang, I still like things that go bang.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

edit on 01am2016-01-16T01:19:08-06:0001191America/Chicago19131 by machineintelligence because: doa

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

There may come a day quicker than anyone ever thought; that when you get your Air warrior wings it will be the same as a death sentence; think kamikaze without the ships and boats..

Hand held, shoulder fired, faster, smaller, better, not to mention truck mounted multiple anti-aircraft weapons... What a cluster mess the next big one will be for aviation of all types. Ships have become sitting ducks now with all the satellite technology which knows when and where the boats are.. Yep there are high tech defenses against such stuff; all I can say is, "they better work out of the box".
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

EW is improving on par, or faster than the missiles, thank god. But it's closing fast.

top topics

join