It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows 45 Percent Increase in Death by Law Enforcement

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I'll keep it simple for you. How many white people do you hear about shooting up neighborhoods in the name of some gang or just because someone said the wrong thing to the wrong person. Very few and if it does happen, it happens in the bad parts of town where 9 times out of ten the minorities are the majority.

I tell you what look up the low income areas where you live. Then get yourself a crime map of your area as well. Now drive to those low income areas. First you will notice most crimes happen in the low income areas followed shortly by noticing there isn't a whole lot of white people in those very same areas.

I say instead of placing blame on one side or the other. We do something to fix up these low income areas give these people a better chance at a good life. That doesn't have to involve crime.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

We also have a much larger gang and drug problem because some people would much rather live a life of crime than actually education and make a better life for themselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

You should look up the studies about how gang violence has only gone up as well and about all the cops that get killed in the line of duty by these certain individuals. It is kill or be killed on the streets whether it's a cop or not. Instead of focusing on the cops we need to work on fixing up these high crime areas. Not by force but through education and positive reinforcement so to speak.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Instead of blaming the minority group, law enforcement, I have noticed a clear and present shift in overall social behaviors of the citizenry. Momentum is an invisible force of the team concept most essential to the futures and outcomes of individuals behaviors. The leadership of governments spurred on by all media outlets and pop culture is the herd of cats no one wants to blame. Mostly older people tend to be able to observe this as they've seen enough decades of repeated societal manipulation and social engineering beaten into their memories to know that's the real issue. The younger don't have the exposure nor the memories so they cannot possible agree with this and the govts. and MSM take full advantage of it.
edit on 17-1-2016 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Swillsoh finally found the time to get those stats for you. You're welcome

blogs.channel4.com...

www.amren.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

End the drug war and they won't be high crime areas anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yes they freaking will. People addicted to illegal (and sometimes legal) drugs do stupid and illegal crap to score drugs. Yeah, perhaps the crime rate for drug offenses would plummet, but I guarantee that other offenses would skyrocket.

You get hooked on heroin or crack living in a poor neighborhood you're most likely going to end up stealing or doing something else to support the habit. I also am willing to bet that if all drugs were legalized (is that what you meant?) we would see a huge upswing in murder, vehicular homicides, rape, robbery, burglary, assault etc. Alcohol is a big enough problem by itself. Legalize the rest and it's bad news. This is excluding marijuana, it's legal here and I don't think anyone has anything bad to say about it (I don't partake and have no problem with it being legal).

This may be a matter of my misunderstanding you, I certainly think if we decriminalize possession and actually offer help to addicts it would help diminish all crimes, save money in the long (if not short) run, be far more humane and help to get people off of government assistance. Legalizing hard drugs? Terrible idea. Again, this may very well be misunderstanding what you mean by ending the war on drugs.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I actually really liked Sanders' idea of having all police shootings automatically trigger a Federal inquiry. Needs to be mandatory reporting to the FBI for anyone killed by police, or death in police custody.

I don't like other police departments, especially nearby police departments, investigating other agencies.

I bet everyone on ATS will hate this, but I would like to see a federal agency created to deal with police misconduct, an agency with no conflict of interest from either a pro or anti police mindset. It needs to be impartial. The people would need to be highly vetted and trained (NOT average civilians who are idiots). Don't draw from LE, Military, BLM, ATS or community organizers.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

How do you figure? Do you mean "end" as just stop fighting them? They kill each other over just about anything these days. Some of them even kill and steal just for those drugs. Sure if we just let it run rampant eventually crime will slow down, but that's because they will all be dead
edit on 21-1-2016 by conscientiousobserver because: small adjustment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join