It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcing the issue of Natural Born Citizenship: How to get standing to have the question resolved.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker
Regardless of being born within the borders of the United States, he was around 4 years old at the time his parents finally became naturalized citizens. That fact doesn't mean anything negative about any of the Rubios. It DOES, however, make me question how anyone could possibly say he meets the requirement of being a Natural Born Citizen.

Well, as he was born in the USA that makes him a natural born US citizen....
edit on 13-2-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Regardless of being born within the borders of the United States, he was around 4 years old at the time his parents finally became naturalized citizens. That fact doesn't mean anything negative about any of the Rubios. It DOES, however, make me question how anyone could possibly say he meets the requirement of being a Natural Born Citizen.

Well, as he was born in the USA that makes him a natural born US citizen....

Whow! Miracles DO happen.
I believe in giving credit when it's due. We agree on something!

I just finished going over a site discussing the English common law basis of the term. Since the whole reason the clause was included was to guarantee the loyalty of a potential president at the time of the adoption of the Constitution, anyone born on American soil afterward would Naturally be a US citizen. Marco clearly fulfills both the letter and the intent of the definition.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

anyone born on American soil afterward would Naturally be a US citizen.

Unless you are a democrat, your name is Obama and your father was a African! According to some people that means you are NOT a natural born US citizen.

As we have seen from the 200+ birther court cases.
edit on 14-2-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

anyone born on American soil afterward would Naturally be a US citizen.

Unless you are a democrat, your name is Obama and your father was a African! According to some people that means you are NOT a natural born US citizen.

That's a blind alley for you and me, not because what you just said is incorrect but because we've never been able to agree about what it is we are in disagreement about. Circular arguments only serve to keep the folks that manufacture keyboards in business. I'm fine with leaving it alone.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join