It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galatians; Not compromising the gospel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
You don't know what versions I have so that was a stupid thing to say. And shame on you for accepting a 13th Apostle violating the sacred number 12. Shame on you for lacking the necessary astuteness to spot a false prophet

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Shame on you for not honoring the pure message of the Messiah and accepting a lying murdering false prophet

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Shame on you for not honoring the pure message of the Messiah and accepting a lying murdering false prophet

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Jesus is my savior.

He is Messiah only to Israel.

the only false prophet is you.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
You don't know what versions I have so that was a stupid thing to say. And shame on you for accepting a 13th Apostle violating the sacred number 12. Shame on you for lacking the necessary astuteness to spot a false prophet

I know you don't even believe one of them contains all the words of God uncorrupted and preserved. You minus well not even have a Bible.

I don't have to know which copies you have to make that statement.

I have over 25 versions but only one of them is the preserved word of God I can hold in my hand and has all his words uncorrupted and just the way he wanted them.
edit on 16-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hypocrite im not a a prophet but you don't honor Jesus by following false prophetso

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Can you not count to twelve?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Your upset because I read it twice and learned more than you did in 20

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

I am glad you follow Jesus so closely that you judged me against his clear teaching not too.

Matt7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

No my friend I have learned more and seen more truth from my one Preserved Bible than you will ever see even if you spend the next 100 years reading yours. Your false doctrine about Paul is quite evident and ye are a false prophet indeed.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Jesus is Lord!!!

Jesus is God almighty for in him dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

edit on 16-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Well you do follow a false prophet in Saul the Pharisee and you don't honor Jesus by doing that, it's more a statement of fact than a judgement

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith

Well you do follow a false prophet in Saul the Pharisee and you don't honor Jesus by doing that, it's more a statement of fact than a judgement

1Cor 11:1 ¶ Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
There is a running theme in this narrative to the effect that the gospel gives us liberty and a return to the Law takes it away again.
Was not the purpose of the false brethren to “spy out our freedom which we have in Christ Jesus”?
They wanted to “bring us into bondage” (v4), but Paul did not “yield submission” (v5), and he rebuked Peter for wanting to compel the Gentiles to live like Jews (v14).
This freedom from slavery is one of the benefits of the gospel, part of the “good news”, and that is why the integrity of the gospel must not be compromised.

Liberty

The idea that the gospel means “liberty” made such a deep impression on the early church that it was even picked up by James, when he used the very odd expression “the law of liberty” (ch1 v25, ch2 v12).
Since Paul opposes “law” and “liberty”, this looks like an attempt to get the best of both worlds.
It also helps to confirm the probability that James was acquainted with Paul’s writings.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I thought like most that James was written by the brother of Jesus but because of the differences and the age of the book I have since changed my mind and see that it is James the brother of John who wrote it under the kingdom Gospel.
edit on 19-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have no theory on the authorship of James, except that he was probably a revered pastor.
He is the pastoral type.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The most recent thread in this series is;
The Cross and the Spirit

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join