It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Exexcutive Order---Effective Tool Or Dangerous Threat To Democracy !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Frankly I really don't care whether you believe me or not, and that is the truth. My opinions about Obama are well supported by the multiple failures documented in his record and they stand for themselves in an infamy of shame. We have lost the respect of our allies around the world and Obama's efforts to reset the U.S relationship with Putin's Russia have been met with Putin's reject.

This is complete bull#. Our international standing is MUCH higher than it was when Bush was President.
Source

Globally, Obama’s image is mostly positive. Across the 40 countries polled, a median of 65% say they have confidence in Obama to do the right thing in world affairs. A median of just 27% lack confidence in the American leader. Overall, Obama remains much more popular globally than his predecessor, but opinions vary significantly across nations and regions.

Obama allowed himself to be scolded by Fidel Castro in Cuba and by the Princes in Saudi Arabia and his pathetic handling of the Iran Nuclear Agreement and subsequent failure to hold Iran's feet to the fire after their repeated violations of same has enabled that theocratic rogue state to continue to export terrorism all over to the world to their many surrogates. Our President continues to lead from behind.

Oh no a scolding! Such shame! Lol is that the best you got there? Of course we both know that Obama has since reopened relations with Cuba, but I see you carefully neglected to mention that point.

By the way, if you are going to bring up Iran without mentioning Saudi Arabia's more significant contribution to worldwide terrorism, then this isn't even a topic worth perusing intellectually.

Meanwhile, Isis continues to march on with one terrorist attack after another in Europe, the M.E. and right here at home.

Uh Huh...
In Syria and Iraq, the Islamic State is in retreat on multiple fronts

The President was sworn to protect America's interests and yet the international bully, Putin is having his way in Eastern Europe the Ukraine, Syria and elsewhere. He buzzes our warships off the coast of Poland with his planes and then tells us to buzz off if we don't like it.

Who cares what he does? This is the US. # Putin. Let him do him and we'll do us.

Like I said, you are entitled to your own views and opinions but likewise I'm entitled to mine.

You may be entitled to your own opinion but you aren't entitled to your own facts and clearly you are basing your opinions off of faulty facts. I mean you've only just reinforced my opinion that you haven't thoroughly researched this topic as well as you think you have with your unsourced posts here. It's even worse that when I do YOUR research for you I easily prove your statements wrong.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just wanted to butt in here and say Obama is NOT a failure, that is opinion and you are entitled to it

Its just really annoying when people try and speak for all of us for example "Obama has failed America"...speak for yourself idiot politicians, hes been great.

I don't understand why its so hard for some people to get facts and opinions so mixed up...its beyond me.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You just verified what i said earlier, krazyshOt. You are an Obama supporter. Your idea of the "facts" is heavily influenced by your perception of him. Truth is a many sided prism. You can look at the truth from any perspective you wish and I will do the same. Mocking my perceptions doesn't enhance your views a bit, but rather detracts from them.

I, too, once believed in Obama and voted for him. I continued to believe in him until the "yes we can" man became the no we can't man, and worse still, the no we won't man!

Let's just let history evaluate President Obama and his legacy. I think historians will not be kind to President Obama.

BTW, over used in the context of the E.O. is any use of same that interferes with the Constitutional Separation of Powers Clause. That too is subject to interpretation and one's own perspective and I recognize that.

Best of luck to you!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

Historians are already kind to him

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You just verified what i said earlier, krazyshOt. You are an Obama supporter. Your idea of the "facts" is heavily influenced by your perception of him. Truth is a many sided prism. You can look at the truth from any perspective you wish and I will do the same. Mocking my perceptions doesn't enhance your views a bit, but rather detracts from them.

Lol. No I am just posting sources of reality. Just because they paint Obama favorably doesn't automatically mean I'm an Obama supporter.

I, too, once believed in Obama and voted for him. I continued to believe in him until the "yes we can" man became the no we can't man, and worse still, the no we won't man!

I never voted for Obama.

Let's just let history evaluate President Obama and his legacy. I think historians will not be kind to President Obama.

I think you are in for a disappointment. Obama's positive accomplishments (which conservative leaning people always ignore) tend to heavily outweigh his negatives. I don't think he'll be looked back along the same vein as greats like Washington or FDR, but negative? Lol. Probably not.

Though, again, you are free to actually do some research of your own and provide some actual substance to your argument by posting some links.

BTW, over used in the context of the E.O. is any use of same that interferes with the Constitutional Separation of Powers Clause. That too is subject to interpretation and one's own perspective and I recognize that.

Best of luck to you!

So name some specific EO's of Obama's that did this. Don't be vague, give me ACTUAL EO numbers and text.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It is far too early to come to that conclusion, veracity. Historical judgements are only accurately rendered in the perspective of the years following an administration. Ultimately I believe that historians will not be kind to President Obama. But lets just wait and see. I look forward to having this discussion with you again a few years down the road.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Good for you that you didn't vote for Obama. I'm sorry I did.

Just to clarify, I'm not a conservative or a liberal. I dislike those kind of labels. I'm an independent and think for myself. Just because I oppose Obama's policies doesn't mean that hat I'm a quasi conservative or that I lean in any particular direction. Once again, krazyshOt, the best of luck to you and I mean that sincerely.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

If you say so. I think you need some better investigative skills though. You seem to be more open to media suggestions and rhetoric versus actual factual information.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I only speak for myself, veracity. I'm sure that is what you do also!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I beg to differ with you. I never let myself be influenced by the media or by the talking heads.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

What I'm against is a president over using them! And I think Obama has done that and that he will continue to do that for the remainder of his weak and ineffective term in office.

Yet the facts show otherwise....

Last Update: Data Through April 20, 2016.

The facts actually show President Obama EO's are on the lower end of the scale....

over used in the context of the E.O. is any use of same that interferes with the Constitutional Separation of Powers Clause

So how about you show us all exactly which of Obama's EO's interfered with the "Constitutional Separation of Powers Clause"....
However I suspect you will not be able to!
edit on 27-4-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

He is just getting warmed up moving toward the end of his term in office.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
every president uses them. if there is a question of the legality of one, we have courts for that

whats the big deal ?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SyrinxHighPriest: That is the problem. The Courts take so long on these that by the time they make their decision any damage caused by a given E.O. has already been done.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

a reply to: SyrinxHighPriest: That is the problem. The Courts take so long on these that by the time they make their decision any damage caused by a given E.O. has already been done.

such as......

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Just generally, based on how the Supreme Court is always so jam packed with cases that it simply takes a a long time for them to get to any individual E.O. issue.
edit on 27-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Just generally, based on how the Supreme Court is always is jam packed with cases that it simply taks a a long time for them to get to any individual E.O. issue.

So exactly how long has it taken to get to individual EO issues, and exactly which EO's?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Hillary is just as likely to sign an EO to nullify first and second amendment rights. Why would you think Trump would do this when he is following the law? He is only ejecting disruptive individuals from a private function that he paid for. Maybe a few hundred disruptive people should congregate at your house, which you pay for and see if the theory works huh?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Some times as long as a year,and some times longer.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I think she would do that as to the Second Amendment knowing her negative attitude toward the right to bear arms.But not as to the free speech Amendment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join