It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Exexcutive Order---Effective Tool Or Dangerous Threat To Democracy !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Nope, never did it. Like I said you need to not waste it on nonsensical matters. But in my reply to you I was pointing out some EO's that superceeded actual law. The power of petition part was for everyone else.

But if you are short on signatures add the fact that he has two dogs and no cats...that should get you a couple thousand signatures especially if you advertised over on lolcats.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

The practical effect of the E.O. is that by the time it is dealt with by the courts and/or after Congress acts against it, the damaged caused by same has already been done! Worse still is that oftentimes the courts are either packed or influenced by the president's lobbying apparatus or direct pressure applied by the president. Bottom line is a damaged Checks And Balance System to the detriment of the American people. Not what our founding fathers envisioned. The Bill of Rights must be protected!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
That all depends if it is used against US enemies or US citizens. Obama chose to go after US citizens so his example is the worst of all.

So in exactly which Executive Orders has Obama chosen to go after US citizens? What number and date of the EO?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

The second amendment for starters. Also with regard to certain aspects of Obama Care, which has proven anything but an affordable care act!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

I can see your point, but see it differently.
Banning trouble makers from political rallies is not stepping on the first amendment at all.

Especially when the opposition is paying agents to infiltrate rallies and disrupt it and then try to discredit them by how they respond, but that often backfires no matter what party the rally is for.

They aren't exercising free speech, they are committing harassment of someone.
edit on 25-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Anyone who attends a political rally can easily be called a trouble maker. If someone just disagrees with Trump, he'll be called a troublemaker by Sir Donald and thrown out by Trump's security guards. That is without doubt a violation of the First Amendment right to free speech and assembly! You're attempting to argue a distinction without a difference!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Muse7:

No President since Richard Nixon has utilized the Executive Order tool to circumvent the Constitution as often and to the extent as has President Obama. At times, Obama has acted almost as much like a dictator in this way as Trump would do!

And Obama also plans on using this tool often in an effort to "secure his legacy" such as it is during the remainder of his lame duck term in office!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

No President since Richard Nixon has utilized the Executive Order tool to circumvent the Constitution as often and to the extent as has President Obama. At times, Obama has acted almost as much like a dictator in this way as Trump would do!

Care to source this claim?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No President since Richard Nixon has utilized the Executive Order tool to circumvent the Constitution as often and to the extent as has President Obama.

So care to show us exactly which of President Obama's EO's were used to circumvent the constitution?

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

And Obama also plans on using this tool often

Actually, President Obama has made fewer EO's per year in office than any President since Grover Cleveland in 1889....

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

But do not let the facts get in the way of your anti President Obama rant!
edit on 26-4-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I take it you're an Obama fan and that is your privilege. I Am not and that is my privilege. I wouldn't disrespect your support of the President just because I don't agree with same. Instead I choose to respect your opinion and your right to differ with me.

The source was Forbes Magazine. The Executive Orders that are expected from the President to be issued from the White House concern regulatory rules that will affect overtime pay, unionization, the environment/ global warming and finance.

As Obama will not seek approval from Congress and will act on his own, the separation of powers clause between Congress and the Executive Branch of government set forth in the Constitution is involved.

These acts are Obama's last efforts to preserve his so called legacy but all they will do is serve to undermine our economy.
edit on 27-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The Executive Orders that are expected from the President to be issued from the White House concern regulatory rules that will affect overtime pay, unionization, the environment/ global warming and finance.

So in fact they are mythical EO, not yet made!
Obama derangement syndrome is very strong in some!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It has evolved into a huge destructor of the Democratic Republic--particularly in the hands of the current Destroyer-Imposter-in-Chief . . . just as he was chosen, conditioned, trained and ordered to do and be.

He seems to relish and exalt in strutting around with his dictatorial pen in hand and his nose in the air--messing unroyally with the already hard lives of 'the little people' (as the looming, grasping gritchy one labels us)--the serfs and slaves of the increasingly tyrannical system. She's obviously itching to get her hands on such a dictatorial pen and habit.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yup if are against executive orders you should have been more vocal during Reagan and Bush

Executive Orders

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Effective tool if you are Obama and you have a difficult/sketchy senate to deal with.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The E.O.'s will be issued. You can count on it.

As I previously stated, I'm not a fan of President Obama and I make no secret of that fact. That doesn't make my opinion deranged anymore than your endorsement of him makes your opinion deranged. Lets just leave it that, hellobruce.
edit on 27-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It can be an effective tool if not over used. But the separation of powers must be respected and never abused!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I was plenty vocal about the E.O.'s at that time but I wasn't a member of this blog during the Reagan and Bush administrations, damwel.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I agree, BO XIAN. And I don't look forward to Hillary Clinton's probable dictatorial pen either!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I guess your suggesting a 2 way street when the senate wants it their way or no way at all...which leads to government shutdown?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Not at all! The last thing we need is government shut down. What I want is cooperation between the Senate and the Chief Executive whenever possible so as to avoid government shut down. But the Separation Of Powers clause in the Constitution must be respected by the President and E.O.'s should never be over used to the point where the Separation Of Powers clause is violated. That is the only way that the E.O. remains a tool and does not become a kind of potential dictatorship in the form of Executive Branch dominance over the Legislative Branch.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join