It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reoccurring dream about anomalies in the sky.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am not usually one for interpretation of dreams but thought I would ask if anyone has had a similar experience.

For around 10 years or so I have been having dreams about something being wrong with the sky.

Very often it is at night and is always slightly different, sometimes it is like the Norway spiral, sometimes there could be 2 moons or a galaxy far to close. Sometimes it is in the daytime and a tear will appear in the sky or the clouds will start twisting like a portal.

At first I would try to scream and no sound would come out and I would wake up sweating. For about 2 years now though whenever I have this type of dream which is at least once a week and very often more I am able to realise that I am dreaming and remain calm and tell myself to wake up.

For about 5 seconds in the dream my whole body pulsates like I am having an electric shock and then I wake up and the sensation lasts for another 5 seconds or so.

Does anyone else either have the electric sensation when waking from a dream, dream of anomalies in the sky or both?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Sometimes our dreams can be telling us something we should know or become aware of.
Often times dreams are just dreams to keep our brain entertained while we sleep.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Sometimes our dreams can be telling us something we should know or become aware of.
Often times dreams are just dreams to keep our brain entertained while we sleep.

I agree to both but this has been at least once a week now for about 10 years.

If it is a sign then it is certainly taking its time to manifest.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Electric 'zing' in head when over tired and failing to sleep is the brain lacking oxygen... Our so I'm told. However not sure this relates to you, just an interesting point.

Does the sky come across as 'overwhelmingly epic' in your dreams?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Electric 'zing' in head when over tired and failing to sleep is the brain lacking oxygen... Our so I'm told. However not sure this relates to you, just an interesting point.

Does the sky come across as 'overwhelmingly epic' in your dreams?

The "zing" only ever happens when I realise that I am in a dream and choose to wake up although I suppose it could be my brain telling me wake up because I am dying of lack of oxygen.

'overwhelmingly epic' Is as good a description as any I suppose.

Very often it is like the end of the world and more often than not although there may be other people in the dream that can see it I am the only one that seems to realise it is out of place.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am not usually one for interpretation of dreams but thought I would ask if anyone has had a similar experience.

For around 10 years or so I have been having dreams about something being wrong with the sky.

Very often it is at night and is always slightly different, sometimes it is like the Norway spiral, sometimes there could be 2 moons or a galaxy far to close. Sometimes it is in the daytime and a tear will appear in the sky or the clouds will start twisting like a portal.

At first I would try to scream and no sound would come out and I would wake up sweating. For about 2 years now though whenever I have this type of dream which is at least once a week and very often more I am able to realise that I am dreaming and remain calm and tell myself to wake up.

For about 5 seconds in the dream my whole body pulsates like I am having an electric shock and then I wake up and the sensation lasts for another 5 seconds or so.

Does anyone else either have the electric sensation when waking from a dream, dream of anomalies in the sky or both?

Do you constantly think about anomalies in the sky? Sometimes the things we spend time ruminating on, or even stressing about, will manifest in our dreams.

The electric shock may also be a bodily function. I once experienced something similar and I woke up to muscle spasms.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I use to have the same dreams you had. I sometimes still do. My most vivid dream was me standing on a grass hill with my mom at night, and we were looking up in the sky at the planets, stars, and galaxy's. It was sooo beautiful and colorful. I remember I was thinking to myself that I could touch them. It was like we were in the eye of a hurricane. Everything dead still, no noise. It was pretty odd. I had a few like this. Usually there was a storm in my dream though. In my real life, there was a lot changes going on. It could be some kind of sub-conscious thoughts going on making you have the dreams.

As for the electric sensation, I have that feeling whenever I try to control my dreams. Sometimes I wake up after a dream and I'll feel like static. It might just have to do with your body and mind communication. I'm no expert though. That's just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomOrion

originally posted by: nonspecific

Do you constantly think about anomalies in the sky? Sometimes the things we spend time ruminating on, or even stressing about, will manifest in our dreams.

The electric shock may also be a bodily function. I once experienced something similar and I woke up to muscle spasms.

The only time I think about them is when I have had one of the dreams.

I am not overly worried about the sky falling down, I am nonspecific not chicken little lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Realizing you are dreaming starts the lucid dreaming. While you are in that state try to fly up to the sky and see what is going on. You shouldn't be scared bc you "know its a dream". Maybe you are the chosen one to save the Earth from an asteroid or something.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Realizing you are dreaming starts the lucid dreaming. While you are in that state try to fly up to the sky and see what is going on. You shouldn't be scared bc you "know its a dream". Maybe you are the chosen one to save the Earth from an asteroid or something.

I have experienced lucid dreaming before but never had the sensation.

I have had the dream so many times now that when I realise I am dreaming I kind of say "oh here we go again, that weird stuff in the sky dream. Better wake up with that unusual electric sensation so I can go back to sleep."

Not sure how I would save the world from a meteorite though.
edit on 15/1/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Well, do you have to wake up? Could you be like "oh here we go again, the weird stuff in the sky dream, I think I'll stick around for awhile to see what happens this time, maybe fly up there and investigate" ?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I always want to say - "It's the sun, stupid!" But then someone comes along and implies I'm a tard, so I keep my mouth shut. But, I have had experiences in my yard and garden that defy explanation by even our most strident science based members. There comes a point when you must ask yourself if you are to continue to dismiss your own observations and experiences - or dreams - simply because the PTB and the crowd shout you down.
edit on 1/15/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Have you ever had any UFO type of incidents in those 10 years ?

I've had strange dreams of seeing planets and galaxies up close (like I was in a ship looking out in space)

I've had strange people/beings talk to me and give me information that I really should have written down at the time.

Seeing as I don't sleep anymore due to my strange dreams I don't have anything to write down now

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

In my past I have had some of my dreams come true.Have you ever suffered from sleep paralyses before?
I have and through lucid dreaming as well. Just the other night I dreamed about massive tornadoes coming
and I was trying to get people into the basement.Another dream I dreamed a small town in west virginia was
covered in ashes.
Some dreams can be prophetic and most can be just dreams.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Have you ever had any UFO type of incidents in those 10 years ?

I've had strange dreams of seeing planets and galaxies up close (like I was in a ship looking out in space)

I've had strange people/beings talk to me and give me information that I really should have written down at the time.

Seeing as I don't sleep anymore due to my strange dreams I don't have anything to write down now

I have had one UFO type incident about a year and a half ago, it is in the black triangle thread somewhere I will try and dig it out later if you think it may be relevant.

As to other strange stuff yes lots of it Both in dreams and whilst meditating. A few times when I have been told very unusual things, Again I will go into them in more detail if you think it could be relevant.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Lol, no I don't think you are chicken little. I only ask because in my experience any celestial dreams were the result of stress, like when Mars came close to Earth in the early 2000s or when I learned about Nibiru/Planet X.

Sounds like you have them pretty frequent though. Not sure what it could mean, to be honest.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomOrion

Lol, no I don't think you are chicken little. I only ask because in my experience any celestial dreams were the result of stress, like when Mars came close to Earth in the early 2000s or when I learned about Nibiru/Planet X.

Sounds like you have them pretty frequent though. Not sure what it could mean, to be honest.

I never really bought into the planet x thing so I do not think it is anxiety from that angle. As I said it has been around 10 years now some of which has been stressful some not yet the dreams remain consistent.

I have always felt a little out of place here on earth though and have always been suspicious of the moon although that sounds a little odd I know!

It sometimes feels like I am aware of something but it is always just out of reach.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If it's relevant to anyone it would be to you.

Maybe there's a pattern in the messages you are receiving, undoubtedly the messages are not going to be straightforward when they hit your conscious mind and you write them down.

As for the UFO question, I asked because most people who have out of body types of experiences like your having also report seeing a UFO at one point in their life.

The extent of the encounters often vary from person to person, for instance I know I've been abducted at least once; but the dreams I was having and the messages I was receiving precluded the abduction.

I wrote a thorough report regarding another incident (in my introductory thread) where I managed to get away.

I was with my best friend at the time who also saw the whole thing.

Needless to say there is a much deeper connection between the two, and many other paranormal types of experiences.

Personally I believe much of it to be the work of inter dimensional beings making contact with us, but the purpose I have yet to figure out because I've been refusing to go any further with it.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have had a similar experience where I was seeing the same dream with different outcomes everytime but the starting pretty much the same... Everytime I tried something different and there was a different outcome. But in my case it was my dream/vision was trying to send me a message and did not continue until I realized the true path of the message and did precisely what it wanted me to do in the dream. For example, I had a nightmare of myself walking along a desert path with dried up trees around with the sepia tone to the whole scene. I am walking as I hear a warrior by the side of the path holding a chest as he laid there on the ground. As I go to help him his armor seems to be heated up and must be causing pain to the warrior. So I decide to like remove the armor and his skin peels off. This nightmare went on for weeks together and used to get up in sweat. The point of the dream was to move on and not pay attention to the greedy warrior as he didn't let go of the chest even if he was burning up inside his armor. The moment I decided in my dream that I will not pay attention and moved on. The path was covered in beautiful flowers and the trees became lush green with the sky blue. And haven't had the nightmare after that.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
Personally I believe much of it to be the work of inter dimensional beings making contact with us, but the purpose I have yet to figure out because I've been refusing to go any further with it.

I am not too sure about the alien abduction stuff but I have had some pretty odd things that could be said to have come from other worldly sources.

A few years ago I was meditating, mainly just for relaxation but also as I was looking for some answers to certain things.

I had a very "real" experience, something that does not usually happen in that it seemed as if I was fully awake and lucid.

A very small wizened old man came to me, he looked a little like a Tibetan monk.

He asked me if it hurt, "does what hurt I replied?"

"Life" he said, "do you feel pain and suffering in your life"

"Yes" I said, "why does it hurt?"

He told me that "this is but one part of a greater existence, think of yourself as a caterpillar, in this plane you have moved into a cocoon and are on your way to becoming a butterfly. The pain you feel in life is your wings pushing against the cocoon as you try to break free so you may fly and be beautiful"

This was pretty odd to me because it is not the kind of hippy/fanciful kind of nonsense I would expect myself to come up with.

As I said it felt as real as anything I have felt in real life.

I feel a bit daft even writing this but it happened so...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join