It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Glass Slipper , Coolest Church Ever Built in Taiwan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I love old churches and cathedrals , luckily we have many fine historic examples here in the UK to satisfy my interest but I also love the quirky and unusual and this church is most certainly that.

How's that for a church ?

The shoe was inspired by a local story. According to officials in the 1960s, a 24-year-old girl surnamed Wang from the impoverished region suffered from Blackfoot disease. Both of her legs had to be amputated, leading to the cancellation of her wedding. She remained unmarried and spent the rest of her life at a church.
The high heel is intended to honour her memory.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I like it but do you ?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What does a slipper have to do with religion. Maybe they want everyone to wear high heels in that church. The Taller you are the closer you are to god I suppose,
Beats climbing a mountain. Reminds me, I wonder if that person from another thread got back down the mountain without getting hurt. Got to go check if there is anything new on that thread.
edit on 15-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I just showed this to mrsnonspecific and she said she would go to church every Sunday if it was like this one but would have preferred the heel to be a little higher.

Women are fickle creatures!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's really beautiful. I love the color.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I give it five minutes before Tarantino shows up with a perfectly reasonable excuse to spend some alone time in there.

Really though, fantastic bit of work. I would imagine that being inside of it must be a totally tranquil experience. The colour, coupled with the high, transparent ceiling must make for a break taking sense of space, meanwhile I would imagine that the shape of the place makes for some wonderful acoustic effects.

Marvellous work.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Wonderful.

... and to rickymouse, why not a shoe?

With modern computer aided design, we should be seeing a lot more quirky designs that work (like this one does). I applaud those who had the vision and audacity to conceive, design, fund and build this.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You have been sucked in mate. Sorry, but!

Look at the second photo!

Forget the glass slipper. It is only there to draw your eyes away from the obvious!

Under the glass slipper is obviously a buried space ship. About light cruiser size.

It is a SPACESHIP!

Lol.

P

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Worn by the virgin mary herself I presume

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The Taiwanese seem to have a great sense of humour. I have started visiting Taiwanese animators website for my weekly dose of weekly news. Their animations are hilarious.

top topics

join