It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Human Evolution Under Threat By Big Pharma, GMO, Vaccines

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: luthier

The purpose of GMOs is very questionable when the introduced modification is related to the resistance to a carcinogenic crop killer manufactured by the same company.

Some were developed for countries with poor nutrition by people trying to help. Others as a product enslavement for farmers.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If only the main purpose was not economic ...
We gonna feed the third world claim the GMO enthusiasts, meanwhile they poison the first.

The Impact of Biotechnology on Developing Countries

In this study, Ecologic Institute researchers Timo Kaphengst and Lucy Smith summarize the advantages and disadvantages of the increasing share of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in developing countries. The accrued benefits and/or disadvantages vary widely across the reviewed countries and depend on the governance structures of each country. On the one hand, GM crops can increase export revenues; on the other hand, developing countries' resulting dependency on Western biotechnology companies could grow and threaten local farmers, especially smaller ones. Moreover, GMOs are leading to a reduction in biodiversity. In light of this, the authors recommend that GM crops no longer be promoted in developing countries. The study is available for download.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

If only the main purpose was not economic ...
We gonna feed the third world claim the GMO enthusiasts, meanwhile they poison the first.

The Impact of Biotechnology on Developing Countries

In this study, Ecologic Institute researchers Timo Kaphengst and Lucy Smith summarize the advantages and disadvantages of the increasing share of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in developing countries. The accrued benefits and/or disadvantages vary widely across the reviewed countries and depend on the governance structures of each country. On the one hand, GM crops can increase export revenues; on the other hand, developing countries' resulting dependency on Western biotechnology companies could grow and threaten local farmers, especially smaller ones. Moreover, GMOs are leading to a reduction in biodiversity. In light of this, the authors recommend that GM crops no longer be promoted in developing countries. The study is available for download.

I wasnt referring to the same thing. Gmos are not and have not all been designed by Monsanto for economics. Obviously once the money train rolled in the people with good intentions were overshadowed by the thieves.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Quite frankly, I didn't find any relevant stats when it comes to figure what for modifications are introduced into GMOs. If you have anything, feel free to share, I'd be curious to know. But I guess it may well come from the 'industry' itself.

Otherwise, I'll share an example I know very well : the Belgian blue white cow.
It is a cow breed, obtained after a thorough selection process from other species.
Theses things, are an insult to common Darwinism.
With that breed the veal is so large at birth, that it quite simply never 'fits through'. A C-section is mandatory to deliver the baby and prevent the cow from dying. Which is a good source of income for the veterinarians but, it is worth it for the farmer.

The breed would simply disappear under natural circumstances after a couple of generations.
The blue white cow doesn't give much milk, and it is not good to consider a yearly c-section, as you damage the meat.
So, as a workaround, some farmer us embryo transfer.
They put the embryos into milk cow, given that you have to open the cow anyway, at least you have decent milk production and they don't damage the meat of adult cows.

This is clearly some sort of Frankenstein farming but it is common practice in Belgium and elsewhere.
The blue white is tasteless and I'd rather eat some other, fatter breed.
But farmer runs their farm for a living in an ever concurencial world. I guess it is ultimately the consumer's choice that should drive the market. But for that he needs to be properly informed and still have a choice.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Quite frankly, I didn't find any relevant stats when it comes to figure what for modifications are introduced into GMOs. If you have anything, feel free to share, I'd be curious to know. But I guess it may well come from the 'industry' itself.

Otherwise, I'll share an example I know very well : the Belgian blue white cow.
It is a cow breed, obtained after a thorough selection process from other species.
Theses things, are an insult to common Darwinism.
With that breed the veal is so large at birth, that it quite simply never 'fits through'. A C-section is mandatory to deliver the baby and prevent the cow from dying. Which is a good source of income for the veterinarians but, it is worth it for the farmer.

The breed would simply disappear under natural circumstances after a couple of generations.
The blue white cow doesn't give much milk, and it is not good to consider a yearly c-section, as you damage the meat.
So, as a workaround, some farmer us embryo transfer.
They put the embryos into milk cow, given that you have to open the cow anyway, at least you have decent milk production and they don't damage the meat of adult cows.

This is clearly some sort of Frankenstein farming but it is common practice in Belgium and elsewhere.
The blue white is tasteless and I'd rather eat some other, fatter breed.
But farmer runs their farm for a living in an ever concurencial world. I guess it is ultimately the consumer's choice that should drive the market. But for that he needs to be properly informed and still have a choice.

I agree with you for the most part. Crops like cotton in India are an example I am talking about. Where farmers actually have increased their yield and in turn quality of life.

The question still needs to be asked what happens when they get into the natural habitat.

edit on 19-1-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Another interesting stat : at the time of the soviets, there were obviously no GMOs :

In pinched Soviet times ‘dacha gardens’ grew some 90 percent of Russia’s vegetables

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: misskat1

We have speculated for years that there is a conspiracy to dumb down the population.

But that is being achieved through TV not the things Mr Putin mentions.

Putin says a lot of things , not all of them make sense.
We are not forced to eat GM , take medication or eat fast food and those that do do those things are not the majority of the population so they are just harming themselves not Human evolution.

Without proper labelling of food, we ARE effectively forced to eat GMO food.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Barliman

I live in England , if something contains GM ingredients it must be stated on the packaging.
We rejected GM years ago in this country I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The savvy shopper knows what they're eating.
edit on 28-5-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Barliman

I live in England , if something contains GM ingredients it must be stated on the packaging.
We rejected GM years ago in this country I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The savvy shopper knows what they're eating.

Does that labelling include imported foods?

We also need labelling of foods for herbicide and pesticide residues- esp glyphosate.

We dont haveproper labeling or testing in Australia- so it is not easy to find your way through this stuff.
edit on 28-5-2017 by Barliman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join