It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Synchronicity Challenge, How Is This Coincidence?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
a reply to: TomSawyer

To me, the Universe ism't just a dead junkyard of matter floating around, it's a highly conscience, living entity with an ideology

i totally agree.

there is so much mystery about this existence however it is so exciting being able to tap into awareness and have all of these light bulbs start going off one after another.

kind of like going down the rabbit hole and seeing what you can uncover!

life is an awesome treasure hunt!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

What a remarkably synchronistic coincidence!
(thankyou for illustrating my point).

You would have to elaborate by sharing... as otherwise I would have to make an assumption of what this is implying thats not exactly fair to you if that were something I were to do... I suppose reiterating myself may come across as sarcastic as your reply could be assumed. I wholly assure you that is not the case; but the possibility of that being the case is within my awareness as a possibility but not the only one.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Is it "within your awareness" to stop baiting my sarcasm with such interminably protracted nonsense replies that I may actually leave this thread without feeling my point has been lost within your non-assumptious personal subjective perspective? I could reiterate my sarcasm a third time but I fear it may become so played out and predictable as to become no longer humorous in the conscious awareness of the entities who might be reading and appraising this deeply meaningful coincidental synchronistic correspondence..
edit on 16-1-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

Fair enough as you have become the subject and I understand that makes many uncomfortable... so I will take your suggestion and return to the objectivity of the thread and the subject it entails instead of on you... so thanks for saying in a very round about way "stay on topic!"

cheers with no redress required

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

edit on 16-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek

originally posted by: crowdedskies
...Some of us (like you) are more open to seeing a longer piece of that string . Thus they can see connecting events readily which might be perceived as coincidences . In fact they are coincidences inasmuch as they are incidence that coincide.

If you can readily connect to events that coincide, you can take it a level higher.

the human brain is wired to recognise and make patterns out of what it observes, this doesn't mean that these patterns objectively exist outside of the subjective person's biased viewpoint.

Also bear in mind that if you take space and time out of the equation, it is easy to inderstand how one event can be perceived as separate when it is in fact connected to the String of events. It is in fact just ONE occurence in different shades.

also bear in mind that if you take time and space out of the equation, nothing exists at all. a "string of events" is not a string or an event if there is no time or space for it to eventuate..

(i'm sacred, i should have never stepped foot here in newageland, nothing makes sense and words literally have no context or meaning... shades of one occurance appear as seperate events on a string??? kill me now..)

Yes you are indeed in the wrong forum if you cannot figure out what I mean.

I use the word "string"(rope) as one event (eg one rope). Then I use the word "String" as Sequence of event(string of events). Then make is seem like it is paradoxical. (i.e. remove Time and remove the linear sequence. Then it is one event; put Time and Space then it is a string/sequence of events)

In truth , within that paradox lies the key. In other words, without time, there is no sequence ; Without sequence (linear) , all events are in fact happening at the same time. Hence the concept of the rope/string as one event.

Many mysteries of the Universe are to be understood through paradoxes.

I am a bit curious how you fare with Quantum Mechanics (since you are so scientifically-minded). How about :"If you look for a Wave, you will find a wave; if you look for a perticle , you will find a particle". I suppose you woull poopoo QM as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomSawyer

P.S. I am going to be posting another thread here in a few minutes, that I strongly encourage all of you to check out if you get the chance. I had posted the synchronicity that I posted here in this thread on Craigslist a while back, looking for other like minded people in my area to possibly form a group with. But I didn't get much of a response to say the least. I was a little bummed about that one night. So after smoking a cigarette, I went back in my room to surf the web for a bit. So I checked the time, and it was 11:11. Then I got on Youtube, and typed in synchronicity to see if I could find people on there that had had any experiences like mine. Which is when I found the video that I am going to be posting here in a few minutes.

Keep on posting. I like the way that one thing leads to another (eg the 11:11 thing).

In real life, the ability to recognise patterns, correspondences and associations can have far-reaching effects. I see patterns all the time and they confirm where my Will is being focused.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Here is my latest cool tale of synchronicity

Years ago, the king of clubs began showing up in very synchronous moments in my life.

About a year ago I was out on the back deck playing a card game with an old friend. The day was languid with clouds scudding across a blue sky and the temp was in the mid 70s. We were listening to music. It was a very comfortable afternoon.

I lolled about in between hands of gin rummy and at one point rested my head against the back of the rocker in which I was sitting and rocked for a while. I thought that wouldn't it be something if our eyesight could just look out from our surroundings and look way out, past the atmosphere and see the glories that are out there beyond our normal sight. As I said it was a very very languid afternoon and dreaming was part of the day.

As I sat there thinking about looking up through the clouds and into space, but first I thought, I would have to see through the clouds. At that moment the clouds parted leaving a hole through which I could see the sky beyond Actually, later I realized that the clouds had been in two different layers and that the top layer had a gap in it. The lower layer also had a gap in it and as the winds above worked their magic, the higher layer changed course and somehow came into conjunction with the lower layer bringing the two gaps in line with one another, making a double gap through which I could look out into space. It was like a miracle.

Now normally I would have chalked this up to most likely nothing more that coincidence. However, as I came back from this experience and began to focus on the normal world around me, feeling very very serene and fulfilled, I realized that the music that was just finishing up was the Beatles Blackbird and the final line of the song was being sung. 'You were only waiting for this moment to be free"

Nice but still easily put off to coincidence and wishful thinking. However, as I pulled myself together and focused on the my loved ones around me, my good friends and family, my friend said to me, Terry, it's your turn to play" and as I looked down at the deck of cards on the table,I found that he had just discarded the king of clubs.

And what do I make of this? Just a little conformation, and really, for what more might we ask. So when these little assurances happen in my life, I take them in stride, tuck them into my 'all is well' file and then go about my regular way.

This is the first time I have told my tale. And as I am writing it, the rain outside quit, the sun came out and there shinning across the river is a rainbow falling down between the trees in my back yard.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hello All,

Just recently, within the last week. My car was going to hit 111,111 miles. Yes seriously. So I was wondering when it was going to happen, and was actually hoping that I would see it while I was driving. But I was/am so rattled by all of the serious issues I am having to deal with right now, that I completely missed it when it happened. I haven't even had the time to reflect back, as to when I think it happened, or where I was driving at the time. I guess I didn't train my brain too well, especially when I wanted to see it happen? How often does your car hit 111,111? Once, maybe twice for a rare few, over the life of the car. I don't go around trying to make synchronicities happen, because THAT would ruin it. It takes you out of the flow, because it distracts from the actual communication. That's why I said you have to surrender to it, which is what John St Julien says about it as well.

On my shamanistic trip to the Universal Mind many years ago. I wasn't even trying to tap into the Universal Mind, or even have a clue as to what that was. But I found the whole process extreemly interesting. In that, I would keep thinking of questions about life, and the answers would instantly pop into my head. I felt like Edgar Casey laying on that bed. But whatever it was that was answering all of my questions (not audibly mind you). Got to the point, that it wanted to prove a point to me. Because I was given the impression that it was trying to prove to me that it was in fact God, when I was questioning if it was.

So the next time I thought of a question, it gave me the answer in the middle of me phrasing the question. Then that happened over and over, because I wouldn't believe it. So then it started to phrase the question with me, then give the answer. Until finally it would phrase the next obvious question in the line of reasoning, then the next one after that, etc.. To where I finally surrendered to the fact, that it was obviously way more inteligent then I could ever hope to be. So then and only then, was I ready to listen to what it had to say/show me. So wheither it is tapping into the Universal Mind, or receiving synchronicities. Either way the communication doesn't work efficiently if you are distracting from the flow. You have to surrender yourself to it in either instance.

So to me the real issue here is wheither you believe in a God or not. I mean if you don't believe in a God, then you obviously aren't going to believe that the God you don't believe in is trying to communicate with you, right? If this is you, then like the Rush song says, you have chosen freewill.

If you believe in a God. Then you may look for communication in your life from that God, because you believe in it. (Not many people even do that from my experience. As the band Creed said in the song appropiately named "Signs", "spiritual insinuations, seem to shock our nation".) But what I learned just recently, is that that communication I had going on when I tapped into the Universal Mind, was available to me all of the time. Not every once in a while, or just when a synchronicity came across my path.

What I had failed to recognize all of those years since. Was that the communication was WAY slower, then when you are tapped into it. Kind of like the difference between high speed internet, and dial up. But one of the ways I have found that this same Universal Mind is communicating with me, is via signs and synchronicities. When you tap into the Universal Mind. It communicates via pictures, feelings, "movies", and the like. Not through audible voices. So is it so surprising, that if it is the same communication as when someone taps into the Universal Mind, just a much slower version. That they both communicate via the same means as well? Also keep in mind that tapping into the Universal Mind, and having a near death experience are virtually interchangeable as well.

Universal Mind= feelings every day life= intuition
Universal Mind= pictures every day life= signs
Universal Mind= "movies" everyday life= what we see around us
Universal Mind= brilliant intelligence every day life= synchronicities

Before anyone says I was the one answering my own questions when I tapped into the Universal Mind. I want to knock that train off of the track, before it gains any momentum. The Universal Mind used words and concepts that I didn't even know about previously for one thing. It communicates through dreams as well sometimes for me. So can you imagine my surprise, when it revealed to me. That Fluoride decreases Melatonin levels in the brain, but that marijuana increases Melatonin levels in the brain? I had to go and look it all up to verify what it had said, and sure enough it was 100% accurate. So how is it possible for me to answer my own questions, if I have never heard the words or concepts etc. before?

But for me, I choose........

Rush- Mystic Rhythms

So many things I think about
When I look far away
Things I know -- things I wonder
Things I'd like to say
The more we think we know about
The greater the unknown
We suspend our disbelief
And we are not alone

Mystic rhythms -- capture my thoughts
And carry them away
Mysteries of night escape the light of day
Mystic rhythms -- under northern lights
Primitive things stir
The hearts of everyone

We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

Mystic rhythms -- capture my thoughts
And carry them away
Nature seems to spin
A supernatural way
Mystic rhythms -- under city lights
Or a canopy of stars
We feel the powers
And we wonder what they are
We feel the push and pull
Of restless rhythms from afar

Peace,
TomSawyer

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm a retired academic and University teacher, steeped in the mold of rational, skeptical thinking... but I have a life long history of synchronicity.
They may make sense to those who experience them, less so to others, but listen to this.
Twelve years ago I went to Cuba on vacation with my girlfriend at the time. We were in Havana and decided to go to a small village outside of the Capital. There was a bus to take from the Central Bus Station in Havana, where hundreds of buses come and go in a steady flow. We searched for the right bus and found it about to leave. It was an old, worn down bus, like most public transport buses in Cuba are. As soon as we came aboard, my girlfriend started to show interest in the interiors. I didn't really pay much attention to it at first, but she had a funny look on her face and I asked her what was going on. She said she recognized the bus, and I pointed out that we had never been in this bus before, we had not taken a single local bus since we arrived in Cuba. She nevertheless claimed she 'knew' the bus, and it got really weird as she realized from where she knew it.
As a little girl, she grew up in the French country side in a region called Sarthe, and every day she took the school bus to school. It was the same bus every morning, and she knew every nook and cranny of it. Look here, she said and pointed on a sign at the door warning people not to stand too close. It was just a sticker, old and peeling, but under the text in Spanish was a plate saying the same thing in French. She pointed out a few more things in the bus and finally convinced me that this was the old school bus that she took to school every day in France 30 years before.
Somehow, that bus ended up in Cuba, somehow that bus crossed her path again. It was the only local bus we ever took in Havana. I have not tried to calculate a probability scenario, but I believe the odds of walking into the same bus - out of the thousands of buses that rolls on the streets of Havana - is rather low.
Somehow '# happens' does not suffice as an explanation. I sense some type of meaning or information in this event, although I do not know what it is and I do not know how or why it happens. I know enough about quantum physics to say that consciousness and reality are inseparable, and that the mind seems to have an influence on what we experience as random and coincidental. This is what mainstream science has a hard thing to take in and process, so it prefers to ignore it.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Fascinating topic!
This is one of my experiences that I wrote down in another thread before:

I have been experiencing time synchronicities for quite some years now. The intensity of these synchronicities go up and down, and I have not figured out yet (and probably never will) why or when these time synchronicities start to pop up more at certain moments than others. However, since a couple of months I have also experienced other synchronicities in the form of words or themes that present themselves quickly after one another, for example all within one day. I have started to write them down as I am baffled and very interested by them at the same time. In my opinion these type of synchronicities are less easily explained away than time synchronicites and IMO certainly have some meaning to them, even though I don't exactly know what.

The most recent example happened a few weeks ago. I was doing some research on a company that describes their vision as fighting the established order like "Don Quixote". A couple of hours later I was watching an interview with Ricardo Semler (totally unrelated), who also talked about Don Quixote. At that moment I was thinking okay, that's funny, twice Don Quixote in just a couple of hours. But in my mind I could still explain it away as a crazy coincidence. Then at night I watched the movie "The Secret in Their Eyes" and then AGAIN Don Quixote was part of a dialogue. At that moment I was totally flabbergasted. I had maybe heard of Don Quixote a couple of times in my life, but never so quick after each other, let alone three times in one day! And to top it all off, Ricardo Semler in that interview was talking about Carl Jung being his favorite/most inspiring person, and who was (in his opinion) best able to put words to the workings and mysteries of the universe. And for the people who don't know.. Carl Jung was the one who introduced the concept of Synchronicity in the 1920s.. how's that for a total mindf*ck!

In other words, for me synchronicity is something that has certainly caught my attention over the years, and my interest in it has only increased as time passes by. I have the feeling that these "coincidences" happen on a more frequent basis than before. I'd like to think that my mind filters out certain things or is playing tricks on me, but for me it has something more to it than that. Either way, it is fascinating to play around with these ideas and to discuss it with you people here who have these experiences too.

PS I have ordered Jung's book on Synchronicity a couple of weeks ago and will start to read it soon. Very curious to read more about this concept!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am on the fence about synchronicity. I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, but I also believe I have an open-minded skepticism to so-called coincidences. I have periods of time when the Universe seems to respond to my thoughts by scheduling synchronicities which (to date) could also be explainable in mundane ways. Other times I view it all as delusional thinking. Sometimes I would say that so many synchronicities have occurred to me that I can no longer doubt the evidence of my senses. If there is a God delivering the synchronicities, I must say He is nothing like I ever would have imagined--and definitely has a sense of humor. I was raised Christian but have considered a lot of other belief systems; I have a lot of exposure to science and none to illegal substances. Today I'd just consider myself open-minded, confused about my experiences and what they mean, and somewhat awed at the Universe's possibilities.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jumbles

Do not mistake your open-mindedness for Schizo moments. I believe those with mental illnesses are closer to the truth of what lies beyond earth, time and daily routine. So-called "normal" people do not have that insight.

Crazy is relative.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
At our home we have one of those giant Ikea maps of the world. It hangs over our sofa.
3 days ago, I was sitting doing nothing at all... just watching the kids playing on the carpet. Occasionally dreaming away in the world and thinking where it would be fun to go.
At some point (and mark.. I only remember because of a thread I just saw in the recent line), I'm looking at south america and the coast line... come across The Falklands. All these small islands on the map are marked with their affiliation... The Falkland having "(U.K.)" written next to them

Now I'm too young to remember the Falkland War between Argentina and Britain, but I'm aware of its exisistence.

So I'm sitting there thinking about why in this modern day and age the rights to the Islands hadn't been returned to Argentina since it makes no sense what so ever that they belong to the UK, when the UK is so far away.

Low and behold.... in the recent threads right this moment, I see thread about how it's been decided that Argentina once again owns the Falklands, as declared by the UN.

At no recent point before that day when I was watching the map had I seen or heard about this.... I was not aware about any talks about them being returned to Argentina.
Yet it happens....

I love synchronicity, but it also tickles the part of my brain that enjoys paranoia.

-------------------------

Another for me interesting example is how one day I was on my way home from work.
At the time I was commuting for an hour to and from work with my bike on the tube train.
I would do 2 changes and at the 1st change I'm standing waiting for the next train for a couple of minutes. The bike section is a fixed part of the train, so we with bikes tend to bunch up.
This guys is standing next to me... I notice his bike is black like mine.... then I notice it's the exact same bike. I found it funny haha. Didn't bother to say anything. I unconsciously compare our bikes... you know rust and so on.
Then I notice his bike's serial number. It's pretty obvious since it's a white sticker on a black bike. Then I look at mine..... they are consecutive...
Like 57681 and 57682.

The funny part is that this place we were standing waiting was 45 km away from where my bike was bought. Yet these two bikes found a way to meet eachother for one time only. Never saw that guy again, or his bike

edit on 31/3/16 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Meaningful coincidences ... try to read into the events and symbolic nature of the events. Our attention is drawn to our synchronicities so that we can learn and grow from them. It is like our higher selves giving us pointers, clues, reminders...keeping us on the path we came here to walk.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Heliocentric

Something about the bus or that time in her childhood or a reference to education...it could be trying to point her attention to something in relation to it,perhaps something she is facing (or needs to face) again. Only she will know what.
Half the fun of synchronicity is trying to work out what it is trying to tell you and why.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot

I experience "coincidences" on a daily basis. I find by just even observing and being conscience of them amplifies the syncronicities ten fold.
To me, the Universe ism't just a dead junkyard of matter floating around, it's a highly conscience, living entity with an ideology
and understanding that differs vastly to our own.

God may have made man in his own image, but we most certainly don't share the same logic

If the Universe were a living entity, how could it work, given the lightspeed limit is way too slow to have any kind of feedback over whatever happens at long distances?
edit on 16201656pmk2016 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yosako

Spooky action at a distance...the speed of light can be broken...the universe is a quantum connected field.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join