It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you say, "start at the bottom", what do you mean?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's because you're not thinking it through. Each country has a national purchasing power of their dollar. Each local area has their own deviation from this national purchasing power. Poverty is perceived differently in each country. The CIA has done their homework and figures seem closer to half a billion around the world. If you honestly believe you can use a single currency figure and assess the world's level of poverty, you are clearly mistaken.

CIA Poverty Statistics

Did you even read the stats ?.....are you seriously telling me that you read that and came to the conclusion there is no problem ...really ?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Of course I did, and no I'm not going to allow you to put words in my mouth. I'm sorry that you'd rather not admit fault, and instead try to throw blame my way.

The point was that this 4 billion figure is nonsense. In no way do my words in this thread point to me being okay with global poverty as it is.
edit on 16-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ayn Rand wrote about what would potentially happen if those who supposedly are the "Doers" in society did not get what they considered to be their due.

I am old enough to realize this is hogwash and only fiction and would never attribute literature such as this or most others to reality, or apply it to reality.

Successful (supposedly) people are more often than not, not the one's doing the work as it is the lowly laborers and workers doing the work for the one's who either can't do it or won't do it, while they accuse some of being lazy they are the epitome of the thing they accuse others of being more often than not.

We are all are here on this planet, dancing around in this reality or whatever it is for only a short time and are penalized for being born it seems, and this causes so much damage in so many ways and on so many levels.

Maybe we should try something different, as it seems the old ways don't work any more, or maybe the old ways never did work.

The world seems to be stepping nearer to the precipice right now, peering into the abyss that is senseless killing and chaos which is war.

Refuse to participate in it and there may be change for the better, participate in it and it will reset to the same old garbage as before when we tire of fighting and watching people come back in bags, resetting to the same things without the direct agony of loss of life and back to debt and struggle and abuse that will kill us as assuredly as any war will.

Nobody should be in a position to declare what a person deserves in return for their time here.

If you would refer to me as " human capital" or a "human resource" what exactly would that make you in a relative sense according to your belief in the order of things?.

Heil.

edit on 16-1-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

How am i at fault ?...for what exactly ?

I simply posted some numbers why are you getting so emotional ?

edit on 16-1-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: onequestion

Get a dental hygienist cert, 2 yrs, 70k.

Oh jeez.

I need someone to clean my teeth.

But you'd have to actually work, I understand this may be scary.

Not to mention the time and effort you'd have to put in to getting to that position.

Are you up to the task, or nah?
edit on 17-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join