It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2016)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Well, I started with knowing the M-34 is 6 feet 10 inches from the bottom of the wheels, interpolated an estimated the range of the target at approximately 23 to 33 feet from the MSL. Then I gave a considered guess (or swag) with a question mark following... But I know you can dial it in with your Voo-Doo, and the answer is???

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzDengue
Well, I started with knowing the M-34 is 6 feet 10 inches from the bottom of the wheels, interpolated an estimated the range of the target at approximately 23 to 33 feet from the MSL.

What's a "M-34"?

Then I gave a considered guess (or swag) with a question mark following... But I know you can dial it in with your Voo-Doo, and the answer is???

According to AlgorimancerPG, it's close to 25 cm.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP lens

M-34 = Left MastCam 34 mm medium angle lens

I knew you'd be able to suss the size, Thanks.. 9.84252 inches.

What do you think it is?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzDengue
What do you think it is?

No surprises there: a rock.

I don't see any thing that makes me think of anything else.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Some kind of creature:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
SOL 1274
Shows up so far in both NLB_510598212EDR_F0531056NCAM06654M_ & NLB_510598236EDR_F0531056NCAM06654M_
Don't you just hate when rocks stack themselves up to look some-what like a hanger-heliport...

Bad rocks, bad!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is the second image frame referenced...

a reply to: BuzzDengue

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
... and again from the right side cameras...
NRB_510598212EDR_F0531056NCAM06654M_
NRB_510598236EDR_F0531056NCAM06654M_

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
... and the sound of crickets presides...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's a big shame to see this thread so inactive. The previous Mars anomalies thread was one of my favorite things on ATS.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
It's a big shame to see this thread so inactive. The previous Mars anomalies thread was one of my favorite things on ATS.

That's because the people with the most power on the site would come in and piss on anything that denoted a real mystery.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

No, as that didn't happen on the previous threads.

It looks like Curiosity's potential anomalies are losing popularity, as the 2014 thread had 197 pages while the 2015 thread had only 48.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Can someone grab links to the 2014 and 2015 threads and either link them here or put them in the OP before the thread gets too far along? Thanks. ...and just where is Curiosity in its travels up boot hill or whatever it's crawling towards now?

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Some kind of creature:

Another good one. I've been away because, first away, then back but didn't see any posts come by. The thread has lost some of its fun when we lost some boxes of fun, and other assorted postings. Yuge loss. I'll try to come by, and will catch up soon on page I've missed. Good to see those who stayed.
edit on 24-4-2016 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

No, as that didn't happen on the previous threads.

It looks like Curiosity's potential anomalies are losing popularity, as the 2014 thread had 197 pages while the 2015 thread had only 48.

Oh yes it did, and many people will corroborate that in times past.
That you come here now refuting what many already know, that puts you at the top of the list of the BS. And your persistence in that is what contributed to the slow decline of the thread premise.

And I have had run-ins with you before on the most benign of things, so thanks for establishing your position on being a detractor of threads containing mystery.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Can someone grab links to the 2014 and 2015 threads and either link them here or put them in the OP before the thread gets too far along?

Good idea, here they are.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)
Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

Thanks. ...and just where is Curiosity in its travels up boot hill or whatever it's crawling towards now?

Look here.

The thread has lost some of its fun when we lost some boxes of fun, and other assorted postings. Yuge loss.

Yes, that was a shame.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Oh yes it did, and many people will corroborate that in times past.

So, are you saying that those "people with the most power on the site" came to the threads and "scared" people from posting?
Interesting interpretation, regardless of who you consider "people with the most power on the site".

That you come here now refuting what many already know, that puts you at the top of the list of the BS. And your persistence in that is what contributed to the slow decline of the thread premise.

Or maybe people got other things to do, like myself, that in the last year have dedicated less time to posting.

And I have had run-ins with you before on the most benign of things, so thanks for establishing your position on being a detractor of threads containing mystery.

Mystery is good, but it's better when we separate the wheat from the chaff, and that's what I try to do, pointing, for example, that looking at JPEG artefacts is a waste of time. Also, if you look at all my posts you can see that I do find some things strange and unexplained, and I am always telling other people to keep on looking (like I always said to arken, although I didn't agree with most of his interpretations), just don't expect me to accept any thing just because it suites someone's agenda or preconceived ideas, that's why I had (and still have) all those long discussions with funbox.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

is the rover anywhere near the route it was supposed to take back in the day? across some sand and up a gradient to the higher latitudes of mount sharpe? I honestly don't know, haven't kept track of the thing. as I wander out and inside to this thread, it seems that blue shift has continued to find a series of "little things" that seem to be the backbone of "maybe probable" that this thread used to serve up on a fairly consistent basis, at least on the good days. I still have to read the last months of 2015. ah, ha, so you still talk to funblocks, please say hi and ask him to get back to where he once belonged. he can sign up with a close name to his old moniker, and I assume use the same iconatar. in any case, red planet fever ya'll.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
is the rover anywhere near the route it was supposed to take back in the day? across some sand and up a gradient to the higher latitudes of mount sharpe?

I think the have been moving the rover more and more to the West instead of going South and start climbing Mount Sharp. I don't know if they are looking for a better way up the mount or just wasting time.

I suppose that's one of the reasons this mission appears to have lost some interest in the eyes of some of the people that were expecting it to get to Mount Sharp as soon as it was supposed to.

ah, ha, so you still talk to funblocks, please say hi and ask him to get back to where he once belonged. he can sign up with a close name to his old moniker, and I assume use the same iconatar. in any case, red planet fever ya'll.

Message delivered.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Blue Shift
Are you telling me that I am supposed to find the rock that looks like a fossilized worm in that landscape?

Well...sure, why not, i found it in all of about 20 seconds.

It's not that hard to match up a bit of rock mate.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok, Aleister telling me, to basically not bother on Page 44 of the 2015 anomalies thread put me off even looking through the pictures from Curiosity for a while. So i'm sure others must have seen read that and thought, why bother?

Yes, i could of written things better and filtered out the not so good pictures, but we all have to start somewhere.

Quote from Aleister "I guess I see this thread as almost of a professional level but with sidelines into fun and humor at times, but I really believe researchers are going to be looking at these threads in the future, especially if one of our finds turns out to be the real thing. Nonsense is fine, and I bath in it every day, but with editors like BlueShift coming up with very real possibilities of past life on Mars". Just seemed to me a few of you wanted to keep the forum to yourselves.

Anyway, i took what you said and refined my searching, but wont be posting anything here as i dont want to be belittled or told jpeg, rock, shadow or whatever else.

Rant over, happy searching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join