It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a Hypocrite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is there any doubt that nearly everything Trump says is just a case of pandering to his supporters? He's no different than ANY other politician in that regard, yet there are people who hang on to his every word as if it is truth.

This is a fairly old article but I believe it highlights Trump's hypocrisy perfectly.

Trump The Hypocrite: Investing Overseas Fine For Him

“When it comes to political hypocrisy, Donald Trump deserves a gold medal,” said Mark J. Perry, a professor of economics and finance at the University of Michigan-Flint and creator of the economics blog Carpe Diem. “At the same time that the billionaire businessman criticizes Ford for producing some of its cars in Mexico, and threatens to stop any expansion there and impose a 35% tax on Ford imports from Mexico, he certainly has no trouble taking advantage of the global marketplace when it comes to his own businesses.”

Trump has been outsourcing jobs for years yet he has the gall to criticize other companies for doing exactly that? Trump cares nothing about the American people, if he did he wouldn't outsource jobs overseas. All his presidential run is is an ad campaign for his business in my opinion. He cares about his bottom line, not you or anyone else.

People need to wake the # up, Trump is the type of person who got us in the mess we're in to begin with. I don't believe a word Trump says, I trust him as far as I can throw him, which is to say not very far. He is no different from any other politician, and yes he is a politician at this point.

When will people stop falling for the same crap year after year, election cycle after election cycle? Trump will say everything you want to hear but once he gets in office, he will look after his bottom line, not the average working American. He's no different from any other politician, and that is to say he is a hypocrite, a loud mouthed and obnoxious one at that.

Big business in politics is America's biggest problem right now and Trump is the poster child of big business. So Trump supporters, how can you possibly think that the problem is now somehow the solution?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The supporters will ignore this because they onky care thag Trump blames foreigners and says he ain't politely correct, shouts loads of # like a kid with his literacy skills of a primary school child and talks down to other people like he's the king of the world

The only way Trump supporters would stop supporting him, is if he said something good about Muslims and foreigner's in general.

Reading what you just posted might as well be braille for Trump supporters

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Not a big Trump fan, although I can understand why a certain segment of the population connects with him.

Almost everyone is a hypocrite.
Even me.
I tell my children not to lie, then I put presents under a Christmas tree and tell them that some fat dude in a red suit put them there.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're right to question his inconsistencies. It's refreshing to not have to hear not about how evil he is, but about how ludicrous his positions are. I wager he will treat the US like a corporation, probably with little care to the his neighbors, the relations to the rest of the world, and the environment.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I used to believe that stating the obvious like your OP thread title is would be a waste of space, but when it comes to Donald Trump and his supporters, it seems overly necessary.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think Trump has peaked and he doesn't have near enough supporters to get the GOP nomination.
With the neocons still in control of the RNC; Trump is just going thru the motions.

Trump even lost to Bernie in the ATS poll with a preponderance of Right Wing conservative members.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However Trump has a solid base of supporters; I wonder if they will support the Republicans in the election anyway?

edit on 14-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It likely depends on who the nominees are. Given that about 20% of his support are blue collar democrats (Reagan democrats) who are angry at the racial pandering and loss of manufacturing jobs and trade jobs to foreign labor (mostly illegal), then whom they end up voting for depends heavily on the nominees for both parties.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump is a Hypocrite

Better late than never!
Welcome to the Amerikkkan Cirque du Freaque, and the infamous Republikkkan Killer Klowns!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's pretty simple.

He's also against the loopholes for the 1%, yet he uses them.

Thing is, you would too, just as I would. At least he's honest about it.
He's made no bones about taking advantage of these things.....but he is at the point now where he's getting older, and looking to establish a legacy, and his plan is to pardon the pun, "Make America Great Again"...

Now, if only his ideas (which are actually pretty decent) didn't come with some of the negative rhetoric, I'd be happier, but really, sometime you just need a bully to be President.

Whether or not the establishment will ever actually allow him to be the GOP candidate of choice though....remains to be seen.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Is there any doubt that nearly everything Trump says is just a case of pandering to his supporters? He's no different than ANY other politician in that regard, yet there are people who hang on to his every word as if it is truth.

Welcome to politics101! *__-
And a year later, when they find that it was all lies, the very next election, there they are again, believing the lies and 'voting'!

Life is a game of 'make-believe'; to actually 'believe', is insanity!

As far as hypocrisy is concerned, though, I think that every mature honest self-aware person will admit to being a hypocrite!
I certainly do!
But that the person is a hypocrite does not belie that his words might be very true!
I can sit with a cigarette hanging from my stinking mouth expounding of the evils of smoking; the cigarette doesn't make the speech false, necessarily.
Predominately, the only person harmed by hypocrisy, is the hypocrite, me.

And Dog forbid that I might appear to offer apologetics for the Evil Trump Klown of the Amerikkkan Cirque du Freaque, but fair is fair! *__-

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Not a big Trump fan, although I can understand why a certain segment of the population connects with him.

A "certain segment" of a septic tank always rises to the top...

Almost everyone is a hypocrite.
Even me.
I tell my children not to lie, then I put presents under a Christmas tree and tell them that some fat dude in a red suit put them there.

Gain 20 pounds, get a red suit, and lies are transformed into truths! *__-

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Anyway lots and lots of people support Trump!

top topics

join