It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hive Mind Psychology and the Rape of Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have a theory concerning how something such as the following could be happening.

In the aftermath of the outrageous pattern of mass rapes in Cologne – and more broadly across Europe and the Western world– by asylum-seeking migrants from Syria and other Middle Eastern countries, there is even more evidence that politically-correct leaders are doing all they can to downplay crimes and reports of crimes committed by refugees.

And it doesn’t seem to matter who gets hurt in the process.
The wave of rapes amounts to one of the biggest sources of contention in an already difficult clash of cultures between the Islamic and Christian worlds.

Unfortunately, the trend is nothing new in Sweden.

After the events in Cologne raised questions about the highly coordinated and repeated sexual crimes by migrant groups, the Swedish media was forced to admit that it looked the other way after a source exposed – more than six months ago – at least 90 cases of unsolicited groping by males from Afghanistan or Syria during a summer music festival.

Apparently a psychologist working with the police contacted the media, who despite initial interest, passed on the verifiable story over concerns that it was only fueling an anti-migrant narrative favored by the Social Democratic party in Sweden.
Sweden Covered-Up Systematic Rape During Festival Because Migrants “Awkward to Write About”

In this post I'm going to write about concept called a "hive mind" which I believe can occur within groups of people. It's something that I can't prove exists in the human experience. I can't even offer any good evidence that it exists in the human experience. However, I believe that it is a real phenomenon. Sharing my reasons for why I believe that is beyond the scope of this post. Whether or not it's a real thing is not the intended topic of this thread. I'm going to assume that it's a real phenomenon and go from there. The rest of this post is my opinion on the matter.

A hive mind made up of people is not human. It takes on a life of its own and when it's created a new consciousness is created. That can happen anywhere people are. It can be manifested in anything from a street gang to a political party to an entire country. Psychologists refer to it as "group think" but my belief is that it goes far beyond that concept. I believe it becomes an entirely new entity, completely separate from the individuals that make it up.

The hive can do things that the individuals within the hive would never even consider on their own. For instance, I worked at an organization once that had to pay a fine for breaking laws. My manager was quite frank with me about what happened. They told me that the top managers all knew that the organization was breaking the laws. But, I'll never forget my manager's words (paraphrasing), "We (the top managers) got together and we agreed that it was alright." They actually thought that that absolved them from guilt and responsibility. That's how the hive mind operates, if the hive mind agrees that it's alright, it's alright.

That simple truth explains how slavery could be practiced in early America. I've always wondered, "How could people live surrounded by such oppression and injustice and still believe that they lived in a 'free' country?" I now understand that it was a hive mind at work.

Just as my manager honestly believed they had done nothing wrong despite admittedly being directly involved in breaking laws, those attached to the hive mind in early America could believe that they were participating in a 'free' country. Another interesting thing about that is the fact that my manager was a law-abiding person, very much so. The only exception was when the hive mind told them not to be. Then, it was apparently alright.

What does all of that have to do with the story I posted above?

Apparently a psychologist working with the police contacted the media, who despite initial interest, passed on the verifiable story over concerns that it was only fueling an anti-migrant narrative favored by the Social Democratic party in Sweden.

It was a political decision not to report on the story. The hive mind of a certain political party decided that it wasn't in its best interest. To hell with informing innocent people so they could protect themselves. A hive mind is only concerned with its own survival and protection.

It is not human. It has no human values.
edit on 14-1-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

They actually thought that that absolved them from guilt and responsibility. That's how the hive mind operates, if the hive mind agrees that it's alright, it's alright.

That simple truth explains how slavery could be practiced in early America.

Slavery was practiced all over the world at that time, LOL not just America! It is still practiced in Africa and the Middle East.

Just as my manager honestly believed they had done nothing wrong despite admittedly being directly involved in breaking laws,

Clearly you don't understand the difference between LEGAL and ETHICAL/MORAL.

Climbing a mountain, or kayaking a river in some places is ILLEGAL. But there is nothing wrong with it.

I could have a handgun in the UK, and my neighbor stabs 20 people to death with a knife. Both of us are criminals according to the law. But is one of us more ethical/moral ????

I agree with the jist of your post, but the distinction between legal and moral is obviously hugely important.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's called being a heteronymous moral agent.

Hive mind--lol you mean Jung's collective unconscious?

--I think you mean Groupthink.

Groupthink is a well-known term in sociology.

Your examples kinda sucked, I'm sorry.

You should look into the Mai Lai Massacre.

There's a big difference between the law and your feelings about what is moral. Morality is subjective, law isn't.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with your boss.

Here, go learn about the Atlantic slave trade from good old wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

--And what exactly are "human values"? OH you mean like murdering one another nonstop throughout history? Great stuff.

edit on 14-1-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I am starting to work on a paper examining the cult / brainwashing properties of politically correct thought.

I am finding that it is a system of cyclical logic that once adapted by the user never allows for another approach, and the end-game is that the assigned antagonist always embodies hatred, racism, or oppression.

They become intellectually trapped, because to see and realize when they err they would have to entertain and empathize ideas or conflicts from a politically incorrect point of view...this causes cognitive dissonance and so is avoided, trapping one in this pattern of thought forever...or until they have an " awakening " or are deprogrammed.

It is the same type of system used by cults.

Recently I have began to wonder how an entire continent has been convinced that simply discussing immigration is somehow racist, starting to figure it out.

But outright brainwashing doesn't help. Just look at these poor children in Sweden being brainwashed with political ideologies concerning immigration in the video below...

www.youtube.com...

It is a disturbing video, please be warned

edit on 14-1-2016 by Noobarino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

Again, Groupthink.

Go look it up for your paper. You're welcome.

What's your thesis? You sound like you need to narrow your topic down. Specificity.

hint hint: use Groupthink as your focus/mean. PM me if you have any questions. I'll help you if you want. School doesn't start again for me till the 25th and I'm bored lol
edit on 14-1-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A better example of groupthink is like what happens at a soccer or football game when things get out of control.

normal people coming together and acting in ways they would not. their brains are actually working differently.

It's a little different at a meeting where no one wants to stick their head out for fear it will get chopped off.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't think politically correct groups are the only ones to suffer from groupthink when it comes to the refugee situation. I see it in far right groups as well. Both are irrational and exaggerate or downplay specific things.

I just sit on the sideline because i think it's all retarded, lol. I prefer to take a critical approach rather than allowing confirmation bias or opinions to take hold.
edit on 14-1-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Aren't we in a pickle over this simply because we have stopped honesty in our media and especially in our politics.

What is so disgusting is that its been done so that a small section of people don't get their sensitivities damaged and sue or cause further questioning of dubious government foreign policy.

Our governments know they have aided Obama to get rid of various powerful leaders in certain ME countries so they are ultimately responsible for people having their villages, towns and cities destroyed. But is it conscience that pricks these people into being nice or merely the thrust for cheap labour?

We must do more to expose those who are the culprits in starting these wars and what they are after ,because most politicians are merely doing their jobs because someone powerful has put them in place.

We need to trace the funding and who is paying for what and bring in new laws within our countries to prosecute these damn human pests, because we are the fodder for their ambition.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Aren't we in a pickle over this simply because we have stopped honesty in our media and especially in our politics.

What is so disgusting is that its been done so that a small section of people don't get their sensitivities damaged and sue or cause further questioning of dubious government foreign policy.

Our governments know they have aided Obama to get rid of various powerful leaders in certain ME countries so they are ultimately responsible for people having their villages, towns and cities destroyed. But is it conscience that pricks these people into being nice or merely the thrust for cheap labour?

We must do more to expose those who are the culprits in starting these wars and what they are after ,because most politicians are merely doing their jobs because someone powerful has put them in place.

We need to trace the funding and who is paying for what and bring in new laws within our countries to prosecute these damn human pests, because we are the fodder for their ambition.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

originally posted by: daaskapital
I don't think politically correct groups are the only ones to suffer from groupthink when it comes to the refugee situation. I see it in far right groups as well. Both are irrational and exaggerate or downplay specific things.

I just sit on the sideline because i think it's all retarded, lol. I prefer to take a critical approach rather than allowing confirmation bias or opinions to take hold.

You're absolutely right.

This is actually one of the major lessons from the weimar republic.
'Group-think' allowed madness to reign on the street back then. From all sides. There is clear signs the same can happen now.

That is also why holding on to a pragmatical approach must be the historical imperative for the political center-right nowadays.

*actually it should be imperative for everyone.
edit on 14-1-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ego. It's ego that drives us to certain positions and once taken it's the ego that will not entertain any deviance or contradiction. To admit being wrong would be psychological suicide to them, a fate worse than death as one has to eat crow forever after for being wrong. Political correctness will only die once the people who have embraced it pass away.
It's the equivalent of becoming a heroin junkie, only one is fixated on correcting the wrongs of the world through political correctness. Neither knows how to stop.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Of course it's a real thing -- hive mind -- and can also be very dangerous and harm many people. Hitler's Nazi's are another example of this. It might be called different things, as you see here because people might have never heard the term before. Hive mind. It's a real phenomenon. It' can be dangerous and you've made some good points.

I see your analogy with slavery also. True. People wanted it to be okay because they needed it, and somehow convinced themselves that it WAS okay, so it BECAME okay.

At some point someone has to break the continuum by making it clear that "This is not okay", thereby breaking the spell, and introducing clarity in thinking.

edit on 1/14/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

This is actually one of the major lessons from the weimar republic. 
'Group-think' allowed madness to reign on the street back then. From all sides. There is clear signs the same can happen now. 

That is also why holding on to a pragmatical approach must be the historical imperative for the political center-right nowadays. 

A good number of those people generating the madness in the streets fled to America when Hitler came into power. What you see today is the empire spawned from their legacy.

There is a thread here on ATS that asks when did America start to fail. The answer to that question may lie in the roots of Weimar Republic and the decadence that was seeded in its core. A poison that has seeped into the heart, mind and spirit of those that has corrupted all that it has touched.

The critical factor in group think is the desire to be viewed as one of the insiders. To be viewed as the same or better than the rest of the group. The fear of being targeted as different or undesirable is great, but the need to group with others that share your hidden depravities is even greater.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, there’s a lot one could study when it comes to crowd psychology.

In my thinking, it is not inherently bad either - the individual ego can make judgemental mistakes too, which can only be rectified by outer sources.

A balance between thinking for yourself and being receptive to others is the best bet.

The example you put up, of the situation in Sweden… I don’t totally see where and how you place this within your topic. I think you have interpretted that situation way too simplistically.

With your example of the situation you described in a previous employment, I think you have ironically failed to recognize the collective thought or identification on your own part there - that is, the projection of your own individual super-ego or conscience, onto your nations legal system!

You are not listening to your own moral senses and individual thought processes when you look to the law for guidance.

That could be a good thing though - some people have handicapped moral compasses (a psychopath might do well to follow that framework…).
On the other hand, people doing that too much, losing more and more individuality, results in a collective that has this overly developed legal system, as people demand legal direction for every single aspect of living (and listening less and less to their own “common sense”, as some might call it).

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

law isn't.

Wrong! well to a certain extent it is subjective, the weight given to expert testimony, certain witness's statements not allowed to be entered - and thats not even getting to the appeals process.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with your boss.

It was rather well explained, if you didn't comprehend whose fault is it?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

both the soccer game and the meeting are different flavours of the same phenomena
here maybe this will help

en.wikipedia.org...

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Loyalty to the group requires individuals to avoid raising controversial issues or alternative solutions, and there is loss of individual creativity, uniqueness and independent thinking.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I suspect you will get a lot of resistance to this - most people think themselves above being cajoled into going against their better judgement; its better to be in denial

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Hitler's Nazi's are another example of this.

lets not forget McCarthyism "communists under the bed" or dare I even say "the war on terror" as a pretext for invasion of the Middle East

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I have a theory concerning how something such as the following could be happening.

In the aftermath of the outrageous pattern of mass rapes in Cologne – and more broadly across Europe and the Western world– by asylum-seeking migrants from Syria and other Middle Eastern countries, there is even more evidence that politically-correct leaders are doing all they can to downplay crimes and reports of crimes committed by refugees.

And it doesn’t seem to matter who gets hurt in the process.
The wave of rapes amounts to one of the biggest sources of contention in an already difficult clash of cultures between the Islamic and Christian worlds.

Unfortunately, the trend is nothing new in Sweden.

After the events in Cologne raised questions about the highly coordinated and repeated sexual crimes by migrant groups, the Swedish media was forced to admit that it looked the other way after a source exposed – more than six months ago – at least 90 cases of unsolicited groping by males from Afghanistan or Syria during a summer music festival.

Sweden Covered-Up Systematic Rape During Festival Because Migrants “Awkward to Write About”

In this post I'm going to write about concept called a "hive mind" which I believe can occur within groups of people. It's something that I can't prove exists in the human experience. I can't even offer any good evidence that it exists in the human experience. However, I believe that it is a real phenomenon. Sharing my reasons for why I believe that is beyond the scope of this post. Whether or not it's a real thing is not the intended topic of this thread. I'm going to assume that it's a real phenomenon and go from there. The rest of this post is my opinion on the matter.

A hive mind made up of people is not human. It takes on a life of its own and when it's created a new consciousness is created. That can happen anywhere people are. It can be manifested in anything from a street gang to a political party to an entire country. Psychologists refer to it as "group think" but my belief is that it goes far beyond that concept. I believe it becomes an entirely new entity, completely separate from the individuals that make it up.

The hive can do things that the individuals within the hive would never even consider on their own. For instance, I worked at an organization once that had to pay a fine for breaking laws. My manager was quite frank with me about what happened. They told me that the top managers all knew that the organization was breaking the laws. But, I'll never forget my manager's words (paraphrasing), "We (the top managers) got together and we agreed that it was alright." They actually thought that that absolved them from guilt and responsibility. That's how the hive mind operates, if the hive mind agrees that it's alright, it's alright.

That simple truth explains how slavery could be practiced in early America. I've always wondered, "How could people live surrounded by such oppression and injustice and still believe that they lived in a 'free' country?" I now understand that it was a hive mind at work.

Just as my manager honestly believed they had done nothing wrong despite admittedly being directly involved in breaking laws, those attached to the hive mind in early America could believe that they were participating in a 'free' country. Another interesting thing about that is the fact that my manager was a law-abiding person, very much so. The only exception was when the hive mind told them not to be. Then, it was apparently alright.

What does all of that have to do with the story I posted above?

It was a political decision not to report on the story. The hive mind of a certain political party decided that it wasn't in its best interest. To hell with informing innocent people so they could protect themselves. A hive mind is only concerned with its own survival and protection.

It is not human. It has no human values.

This is an interesting topic i'm glad you posted it. I've read about this as well, and done a bit of research on it in the past. There is an extension of this.

Egregore
en.wikipedia.org...
Egregore (also egregor) is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people. The symbiotic relationship between an egregore and its group has been compared to the more recent, non-occult concepts of the corporation (as a legal entity) and the meme.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have a friend from Denmark visiting me at the moment, I asked her about what she thought of the refugee situation and was shocked to hear her say she didnt think about it.
When probed and asked that she must have an opinion one way or the other she responded "I dont like to think about it because if I say anything everyone will think Im a racist"
That absolutely blew my socks off!!!!

You have almost an entire continents worth of people holding their tongues and gritting their teeth to scared to say anything for fear of being labelled a racist or a nazi.

This girl is not at all what you would call right leaning and has done volunteer work as a nurse all around the world so racism and bigotry are not whats going on here.

There is a genuine problem and people are too scared to even discuss it with friends and colleagues let alone speak out in any productive way to change the situation.

Ill say it again, I think the start of the 21st century is when future historians will say the collapse of western civilisation started and this massive wave of refugees/economic migrants was the crux.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join