It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting start to the new year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, this has been an interesting year so far. A few weeks ago I got a message on a dating site I'd given up on. Yeah, losers use dating sites. I don't get out much and am really shy and find it hard to talk to people. Sue me.

The message came from somebody in Papua New Guinea of all places, a place that I'd only ever heard about from National Geographic magazine. I was curious and decided why the hell not and read the message. It was nice enough and I liked her pics. She's pretty but what struck me was that she had the saddest eyes I'd ever seen, outside of what I see in the mirror, anyway. I decided to write back.

Being the cynical guy that I am, my first thought was "scammer" so I decided to do a little test. I told her the truth about my situation right off the bat; that I don't have a job because I'm unable to work due to injuring myself from working and have no money. That scares the scammers off in a hurry. Nope. She still wrote back and has been writing back.

We've had video calls so I know she's not a fat trucker type pretending to be a woman for his own amusement. That's good. I've had people mess with me on sites like that before and it sucks. It's nice that I got a real person for once.

She's nice, intelligent, and somebody that I'm having fun getting to know. She's also one of the most beautiful women I've seen in my life. Also, wonder of wonders, my heart (desiccated, hardened and mistreated thing that it is) is actually showing a spark of life. Wow. I've even gone so far as to learn more about her country and people. If I didn't know better, I'd say that I actually feel happy. That's a trip. It's been a long time since I really felt anything. Oh, I'm good at faking it and joke around a lot but it's mostly a smokescreen to keep people from knowing how much pain I'm really in.

I know the chances of our actually meeting are slim and that at this point it's a next to impossible dream, seeing as neither of us has the money to arrange a trip so we can meet. Still, it's been wonderful talking to her and getting to know her. Yes, it's been an interesting year so far.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Good for you man! Seems legit enough I'd say. It's nice to hear that your hearts defrosting aswell. We could all do a lot better with a little more love and passion. Even having someone that you can talk to and confide in does wonders to a person.

I hope it all turns out great for you and that perhaps some day you can meet in person and give her a kiss!

Ma reply to: Skid Mark

edit on 13-1-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thats a truly great beginning, I hope it will blossom and you both find happiness

Gopd luck to you and thank you for sharing

S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Congratulations!

Treat this woman as best you can. Papua New Guinea is a very hard place to be a woman. Very hard. I can guarantee you're a breath of fresh air compared to a fair amount of the men she knows in her country.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Dude good for you!

There is nothing wrong with using a dating site its just another way to find happiness in the 21st century.

Just go with the flow.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That's wonderful news. Take it slow...and see how things develop.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

As Dez Fafara, of the band Devil Driver occasionally growls at great volume, in front of thousands of adoring fans:

Fortune favours the brave.

Words to live and die by, if you ask me. It is a brave thing to open the cloister which houses the rusted remnant of your mortal engine, and allow someone to roam about there with a wrench, without looking over their shoulder at what they might be doing with it. May fortune favour you, Skid Mark.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
Thanks. Yeah, it's defrosting. It feels weird.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode
Thanks. Yes, it's a really good beginning to the year.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
I will treat her right. I don't know any other way.

I saw how badly they're treated there when I was reading about her country. Violent crimes against women are very high. They're treated worse than dog dirt there. It makes me sad.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Thanks. Yeah, I figured that the dating site was worth the risk. My brother met his wife on one and they're expecting their first kid in April. So, why not?

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Thanks. Yeah, we're getting feel for each other. So far we click pretty well.

link   

Good to hear , from your OP i can see that you deserve to be happy.
I hope things turn out well for you SkidMark

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That's nice.

Sweet.

Good luck to both of you!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Thanks, man.
Good words to live by indeed: Fortune favors the brave. She said that she was afraid to write to me the first time because she thought I wouldn't respond or would be mean. She hasn't been treated all that well. I was afraid that it would turn out to be just another fake. I thought screw it, you only live once. So far, everything is wonderful

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel
Thank you. It's been a long time since I've been happy. I've done everything I can to make others happy. I think I deserve it.

link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Thanks. Yeah, we're getting feel for each other. So far we click pretty well.

Don't tell her you're on ATS...Don't want to scare her off
edit on 13-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Thank you.

I just love your avatar. Bill the Cat for president. ACK!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No kidding lol. So far she's not phased by my weirdness. I hope my luck holds out.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'd like to thank you all for your kind words and well wishes. It means a lot that somebody cares enough to stop by and take the time to do so.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join