It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven things you never knew about Palestine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Kairos Palestine-co-author Rev. Dr. Mitri Raheb presents seven things you never knew about Palestine and the Palestinian Christians at the Greenbelt Festival in 2014.

1st.
«There are Christians in Palestine. Christians started in Palestine.»

2nd.
«Palestinian community lives there for the last 2000 years.»

The author (Dr. Mitri) said:
"I was born across the street where Jesus was born."
"We were the first community to believe in Jesus as the Messiah"

3rd
Christians of Palestine represents 2% of the population, yet they represent a much bigger role than their percentage. For example they are responsible for 1/3 health care in the west bank.
The author Dr. Mitri explains more about the roles of Christians in Palestine and point's out a curious fact about Israel government, since it was established in 1948, never had a Christian.

4th.
«Palestine is a tourist destination»
3000 archaeological sites to visit.

5th
«Palestine has been occupied for most of the time:
1st -Syria 722 BC
2nd - Babylon’s 587 BC
3rd - Persian 538 BC
4th - Greek
5th - Romans
6th - Byzantines
7th - Arabs
8th - Crusaders
9th - Others
10th - Ottomans
11th - British
12th - Israel (an occupying force as the other ones before)

6th
«Gaza war in 2014 is our 9/11 experience.»

7th
«International community is part of the problem, not part of the solution. International community is subsidizing Israel occupation politics...»

«The Lamb (Palestine) and the Lion (Israel) can live side by side» Condition: Lion must became vegetarian

source

We refuse to be enemies

Take a quick look to this testimony from one member of the Nassar family, who lives in enclave between Israel settlers, with out the most basic infrastructures... really listen to him...

source

Happy new year to all the ATS family
V2

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Palestine, whats that?

There is no Palestine, just West Bank and Gaza. There is no peace, just an endless peace 'process'. The West will never give up its ME base on the Mediterranean. People shouldn't delude themselves, the untouchables in Israel have complete impunity to do what they will as western nations, i.e., the EU, US and the UN look the other way…

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Pardon me if I am wrong, but isnt it true there never was a "Palestine"

Werent Israel and "Palestine" one land mass before the dividing line?

Werent they both occupied by the same groups of people over the ages?

So that kind of makes the other points moot, thats like saying "Indians have been in Texas for 2000 years" well, yes but Indians were in all of North America, sooooo

Love Love,

AlienSupernova

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienSupernova

Your rhetoric haves a little problem, in my opinion. Native Palestinians were living there before the "mass occupation" and Palestine exodus. Native Palestinians have historical documents and proprety paper to prove they own the land they were expelled off. Israelis in the other hand say they have "God's promise"?!?

So use religion to make politics and oppress/torture/kill other humans based on "God’s Given Right"!?! ok then…

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Click baiter - I actually knew all these 7 things
Bully for me eh?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
just a quick one about the 7th point..

Bus in San Diego , California
source
edit on 13/1/2016 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

Your rhetoric haves a little problem, in my opinion. Native Palestinians were living there before the "mass occupation" and Palestine exodus. Native Palestinians have historical documents and proprety paper to prove they own the land they were expelled off. Israelis in the other hand say they have "God's promise"?!?

So use religion to make politics and oppress/torture/kill other humans based on "God’s Given Right"!?! ok then…

What rhetoric? Why are you attacking me I just asked a simple question and drew a parallel for clarification.

This is why there cant be an honest discussion about things like this because anyone who has questions gets attacked.

I didnt say anything about religion, youre the one who brought it up in your post.

NotSo Love Love,
AlienSupernova

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
just a quick one about the 7th point..

Bus in San Diego , California
source

ahh ok, i get it now, this post wasnt about actually putting out some cool information about Palestine, this was a hit piece to attack Israel

I dont have a huge opinion either way on either country, but your motives are clear here, there wasnt meant to be a discussion at all.

This post doesnt even have anything to do with the OP or anyone elses response, it was just an opportunity to try and take a shot.

Really Poor form imho

LoveLove,
AlienSupernova

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yet the Israelis take Gaza residents into their hospitals, even wounded 'freedom fighters' , and Europe funds hamas in the Gaza strip, hamas highjacks building materials meant for for homes and hospitals, to build tunnels and command posts, strange how the 'bleeding hearts' never mention that. (remember, Google is your friend)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well there is a misunderstanding here then. Actually it seemed to me you were asking rhetoric questions. I did not intend to attack anyone.

About your other reply, (the one quoting the picture) there you relly are attacking me or my intentions..there goes your love love …

I published the picture because just after I post the above information I saw it in facebook and thought it supports the number 7 of the OP like it or not.

About the discussion I “remembered to you” that people lived before the occupation side by side, but after the British mandate Palestine was occupied by outside people with big weapons and nations supporting them, based on the so called right given by God. It's easy to see the picture...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

About your other reply, (the one quoting the picture) there you relly are attacking me or my intentions..there goes your love love …

Im simply addressing the fact that your OP came across as a simple "heres some cool stuff about Palestine"

Then completely unprompted you launched into an all out attack against Israel, complete with religion bashing and photos completely unrelated to the OP

Can you not see how people would see this now as just an opportunity to attack another country?

About the discussion I “remembered to you” that people lived before the occupation side by side, but after the British mandate Palestine was occupied by outside people with big weapons and nation supporting them, based on the so called right given by God. It's easy to see the picture...

Youre acting like all the sudden these people just came there when there were only Arabs which is not true, jews and arabs have ALWAYS been there

The british just established a dividing line, but to act like all the sudden these people who werent there just showed up isnt true.

Jews and Arabs have always lived in that area as evidence from ancient artifacts from both Judaism and Islam that have been found around the same time periods

Stop the propaganda hate speech
edit on 13-1-2016 by AlienSupernova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Youre acting like all the sudden these people just came there when there were only Arabs which is not true, jews and arabs have ALWAYS been there

People forget or just purposely overlook this little fact.

Here is one other fact about the name.....

Palestine

A derivitave of the name "Palestine" first appears in Greek literature in the 5th Century BCE when the historian Herodotus called the area "Palaistinē" (Greek - Παλαιστίνη). In the 2nd century CE, the Romans crushed the revolt of Shimon Bar Kokhba (132 CE), during which Jerusalem and Judea were regained and the area of Judea was renamed Palaestina in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel.

Under the Ottoman Empire (1517-1917), the term Palestine was used as a general term to describe the land south of Syria; it was not an official designation. In fact, many Ottomans and Arabs who lived in Palestine during this time period referred to the area as "Southern Syria" and not as "Palestine."

After World War I, the name "Palestine" was applied to the territory that was placed under British Mandate; this area included not only present-day Israel but also present-day Jordan.

Leading up to Israel's independence in 1948, it was common for the international press to label Jews, not Arabs, living in the mandate as Palestinians. It was not until years after Israeli independence that the Arabs living in the West Bank and Gaza Strip were called Palestinians. In fact, Arabs cannot even correctly pronounce the word Palestine in their native tongue, referring to area rather as“Filastin.”

The word Palestine or Filastin does not appear in the Koran. The term peleshet appears in the Jewish Tanakh no fewer than 250 times.

I'll use THIS as the source of information since it's very to the point. However, anyone can do their own search and find the same results from non-Jewish information sites.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You may call me biased, but i choose the ones not surpressing women.
You know those which don't make songs and youtube videos about stabbing people.
And which have a culture besides anaphabetism and hate...
Poor palestine is just BS, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienSupernova
Can you not see how people would see this now as just an opportunity to attack another country?

it's your opinion I understand but do not agree. Providing evidence of what is happening is not attacking anyone/country. Providing false evidence is.

About the discussion I “remembered to you” that people lived before the occupation side by side, but after the British mandate Palestine was occupied by outside people with big weapons and nation supporting them, based on the so called right given by God. It's easy to see the picture...

true.

true

The british just established a dividing line, but to act like all the sudden these people who werent there just showed up isnt true.

false

Jews and Arabs have always lived in that area as evidence from ancient artifacts from both Judaism and Islam that have been found around the same time periods

true

Stop the propaganda hate speech

false. Actually you're looking at a mirror.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Thats interesting history, im not greatly familiar with the history of the area just some of the common knowledge.

So the area was called Judea before all that?

Is that were the term Judeaism comes from then?

Interesting stuff.

Love love,
AlienSupernova

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

it's your opinion I understand but do not agree. Providing evidence of what is happening is not attacking anyone/country. Providing false evidence is.

But your OP had nothing to do with the conflict, it was presented as just some information about the area and history.

Again then you immediately launched into diatribe and propaganda, can you not see how this conflicts?

as to the rest of your post, you say "false false false" with no proof that anything i have said was false.

And then go on to say im promoting hate speech and propaganda?

Where have I said anything hateful?

You seem to be the only one on this thread thats been hostile.

AlienSupernova

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just how far do some of you want to go back in time. Cherry picking your eras. 30,000 years ago there was no one living in that area till they migrated out of Africa. Where does that leave your "we were here before them" arguement.
No, no, just go back to a time that suits your agenda.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

Thats interesting history, im not greatly familiar with the history of the area just some of the common knowledge.

So the area was called Judea before all that?

Is that were the term Judeaism comes from then?

Interesting stuff.

Love love,
AlienSupernova

It's very interesting, especially since the "Palestinians" only started calling themselves that about 40 years ago. Maybe to discredit the Hebrew/Jews that also lived there? Maybe it was just simply to take on the name that was directed to their kin and not actually themselves for some odd reason.

You are partially correct on the Judean label. If I remember correctly, the Romans originally called the land Judea before they took over the land around 70 A.D. Interesting thing is, in the OP, he doesn't mention that the Jews owned the land on his list of "who owned when" at any point. When Rome took over Israel, they destroyed the temple that was there. A well documented fact.

Another interesting point is that Israel was a nation just as much as any other kingdom around 1300 B.C.. I believe it was then that King Solomon had a kingdom, and right after, King David. But of course, THAT history is overlooked like everything else of true importance.

So yes, the Romans captured the Jewish land and called it Judea (actually created a coin then that said "Judea Capta,” meaning “Judea has been captured.”) and some years after, another emporer named it Palestine because he hated the Jews and it was his way of dishonoring them.

Now the British mandate actually gave more land to the arabs than the Jews. It was the problems after that made the Jews fight for their given land and of course, take more of it for what I believe are valid reasons. Even if the land wasn't given by God, it was taken by them for valid security reasons. Just like we and all countries went to war and took over land (and no one blames us), the Jews did the same and the world blames them.

Ironic

I should add... Anyone that's confused about that land really should try to dig up unbiased information about who owned what and when about that specific land. I have even read some really good facts about it on sites that totally discredit religion as a whole and keep it out of their history lessons. The land of Israel was only partially taken over by Syria. Another incorrect mention by the OP saying that Syria owned the land. They only owned half of it because they could not take the other half.... or didn't care to. But.. they took it and took in the most important of the people there (doctors, lawyers, builders, educated) for their own needs. Those people living there were Jews/Hebrew. There was a falling out between their own people and the land was divided. Syria stepped in and captured half of the land for themselves.

edit on 13-1-2016 by StallionDuck because: Added more

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Palestine, whats that?

There is no Palestine, just West Bank and Gaza. There is no peace, just an endless peace 'process'. The West will never give up its ME base on the Mediterranean. People shouldn't delude themselves, the untouchables in Israel have complete impunity to do what they will as western nations, i.e., the EU, US and the UN look the other way…

Exactly.................. We must add to this the Russian dimension. There are interests within Israel that hold sway over much of Eastern Europe since the collapse of the Eastern Bloc that hold Israeli passports. The Russians in Israel number over a million and they are hardened business people and will keep the right in power as it serves their interests in keeping Israel non alligned and at odds with everyone giving them freedom to operate from a 'safe house.'

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

…it was just an opportunity to try and take a shot.

Oh, I thought people were generally fed up that Israel is doing all the shooting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join