It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 of 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Who's next? We all know the urban myth that movie stars/famous people die in 3s. Odd thing is, it seems to be not so much urban myth as truth. Every time a famous person dies, 2 more are soon to follow. Now, I don't know if it's just the fact that we're looking for it and will connect any 3 who die, even if they're a star from the 50s and haven't been heard from in decades or if there's some kind of Hollywood voodoo going on, but there's one more to go and I hope it's not one of my favorites. Alan Alda is getting on up there and Clint Eastwood is in his 80s.
Who do you think is scheduled to meet the Reaper?

David Margulies, 'Ghostbusters' actor and Broadway star, dies at 78

David Margulies, an actor whose range took him from Broadway to Ghostbusters!, has died, according to his agent, Mary Harden.

Margulies, who was 78, was perhaps best known for playing the Mayor of New York in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II,

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Who's next? We all know the urban myth that movie stars/famous people die in 3s. Odd thing is, it seems to be not so much urban myth as truth. Every time a famous person dies, 2 more are soon to follow. Now, I don't know if it's just the fact that we're looking for it and will connect any 3 who die, even if they're a star from the 50s and haven't been heard from in decades or if there's some kind of Hollywood voodoo going on, but there's one more to go and I hope it's not one of my favorites. Alan Alda is getting on up there and Clint Eastwood is in his 80s.
Who do you think is scheduled to meet the Reaper?

David Margulies, 'Ghostbusters' actor and Broadway star, dies at 78

David Margulies, an actor whose range took him from Broadway to Ghostbusters!, has died, according to his agent, Mary Harden.

Margulies, who was 78, was perhaps best known for playing the Mayor of New York in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II,

David Bowie was about a zillion times more famous than this actor was.
Why didnt you start your post with him dying?

Additionally I see exactly 0% supernatural about people dying as roughly 150000 people die every day around the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I would put Lemmy ahead of this guy, what with him being a musician and somebody I actually heard of.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
www.deadoraliveinfo.com...
Eh the three thing is over rated. LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The whole point was not which order or how famous they were, but that 3 famous people/actors die close together. Now that I think of it, this guy is the 3rd. Lemmy, Bowie and now him. That's 3.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

See above post.
2nd.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The whole point was not which order or how famous they were, but that 3 famous people/actors die close together. Now that I think of it, this guy is the 3rd. Lemmy, Bowie and now him. That's 3.

Again roughly 150000 people die daily around the planet so why is it noting that 3 people over 60 died?
Im sure i can very easily find other famous people that have died in the past week , like the ones listed here: www.tmz.com...

People that want to see patterns in something will see patterns in everything.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Have you never heard of the "famous people die in 3" myth?
And that's not what I'd call famous.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Celebrities, just like us normal folk, can and do die. There's just more hubbub about it. For example, going by the information on CNN, in 2015 we lost the following:

83 Celebrities, actors, and directors.
30 Musicians.
29 Leaders, politicians, and military figures.
24 Journalists, authors, media, and academic figures.
38 Sport, design, and business figures.

That's a total of 204 "famous" people. That's an average of one every two or three days.

Going by the page CNN has set up for 2016 there have already been eight deaths of "famous" people.

Edit to add:

And if you look at the Wikipedia page for 2015 deaths, it's easier to count the days a "famous" person did not die. For example, there were only seven days in January 2015 where a "famous" person did not die.
edit on 1/13/2016 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Have you never heard of the "famous people die in 3" myth?
And that's not what I'd call famous.

I have heard of people wanting to see patterns in everything.

150000 people die daily around the globe...some of those are going to be famous people..

new topics

top topics

join