It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students advised to stop chanting 'U-S-A, U-S-A' and 'air ball'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

The wussification of Wisconsin has begun.

Last month the state’s governing body for high school athletics declared that chanting “U-S-A, U-S-A,” is unsportsmanlike behavior.

The Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association also directed schools to stop fans from booing, or chanting “Air Ball,” “Season’s Over,” “Fundamentals,” “Scoreboard,” and “Over-Rated.”

“Any action directed at opposing teams or their spectators with the intent to taunt, disrespect, distract or entice an unsporting behavior in response is not acceptable sportsmanship,” the WIAA wrote in an email obtained by the Post-Crescent. “Student groups, school administrators and event managers should take immediate steps to correct this unsporting behavior.”

Students advised to stop chanting 'U-S-A, U-S-A' and 'air ball'

This takes the cake. Political Correctness has finally gone too far.

Wisconsin’s football stadiums, basketball arenas and wrestling mats have become safe spaces for the perpetually-offended generation.

Safe spaces? For who? Special snowflakes? It's high school for goodness' sake!

The WIAA found the “U-S-A” chant to be problematic, too – along with “any acronym of derogatory language or innuendo.”

What is so derogatory about it? It's ok to be patriotic and be proud of it.

I agree with this student:

April Gehl, an honor’s student and basketball standout at Hilbert High School, suggested the WIAA should (let me put this delicately) eat excrement.

She got suspended for that. For goodness' sake!

In 2014, former NBA star Dennis Rodman participated in a bizarre basketball game in North Korea. Remember how the fans sat quietly in the stands and only applauded when instructed to by the government?

Take a good look, America. That's the future of high school athletics in the Badger State.

Indeed.

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Maybe they can start chanting "NO-FREE-SPEECH" or "POL-ICE-STATE"

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Maybe they can start chanting "NO-FREE-SPEECH" or "POL-ICE-STATE"

Say that's a great idea! Start the protest that way. I wonder how far it will take them.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yeah well

Whomever instigated these changes has a rubber arm and their mom wears combat boots...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
What next, a game of 2 teams the losers will soon be second place winners HAHAHA

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Why not take down the scoreboards? They might hurt some people's feelings.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
I suppose that also rules out importing "Who ate all the pies?" and other well-known soccer chants.

P.S. What about something positive;
"You'll never walk alone"

edit on 13-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

is this what it has come to? how about we all just sit on OUR azzes and not bother playing the sport at all. this whole PC bs is going to get out of hand. if this isn't a PC thing like i got from it then my apologies

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
While i think chants like "USA! USA! USA!" can often be chauvinistic, it's your damn right to express yourselves in that way, lol.

Seriously though, this PC stuff is getting out of hand. I'm all for equality, but these people are going about it the wrong way. They strive for their own twisted ideals of equality and freedom through subjugation and censorship. If history shows anything, it's that ideologies like this only bring destruction. They're not here to improve society. They're here to destroy it and rebuild it according to their own oppressive ideals.
edit on 13-1-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
eh these stories are absurd.
The entire concept that it is somehow offensive to hear someone chat U.S.A. at an American High School sports game boggles my mind.

I don't think I am an unreasonable man, and would be willing to say that U.S.A. chants might be poor form at say the Olympics, or maybe even if, say the Cincinnati Reds are playing the Toronto Blue Jays, but at at a sporting event in the U.S. between two U.S. teams? that's just... dumb.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
What next, a game of 2 teams the losers will soon be second place winners HAHAHA

Why bother acknowledging the winners then?

Just start handing out "Superbowl Participant" rings to the losing team...

edit on 13-1-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Just.
Don't.
Go.
😃

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

well then the NFL would have to give the trophy to every team but i guess a "good game" could be good enough even though they make millions to play

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Just keep on cheering and ignore the numpties.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
When game attendance drops and they start losing money on tickets and the concession stand, they'll change their minds. Our team makes a lot of it's money from that and even though there are some serious fans of high school football here, if they couldn't cheer, they wouldn't go. If I were those students, I'd do it any way. Whatta they gonna do...suspend the whole school?
edit on 13-1-2016 by DAVID64 because: another typo, not enough coffee yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Remember, this is happening on Obama's watch.

His legacy is now all the way flushed, no floaters left.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Really? I suppose they wouldn't like the way the students at my alma harass opposing players who foul out by chanting left-right, left-right as they walk around on the court on their way to the bench. And if they stop then they get waaaiiitiiing, waaaiiitiiing! I'm sure that upsets the poor dears.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I live in Wisconsin. I am disgusted and ashamed. This Nanny State BS is PC gone MAD!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Why not take down the scoreboards? They might hurt some people's feelings.

It won't be long and that's next, seriously.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Unbelievable. Attempts to control our behaviors have become frightening. I think it's time for some good ole hippy era sit-in's.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join