It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle police seize dozens of stolen guns, body armor from Bellevue home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

In a written statement, Michaud said “police are still investigating what the suspect had planned to do with the weapons, but believe detectives’ thorough property crime investigation may have prevented potential violence in our city.

Seattle police seize dozens of stolen guns, body armor from Bellevue home

This just came to my attention, but as soon as I read it I thought "sure am glad we're getting tighter gun laws for people who buy them"

Really though this just shows that preventing people from buying guns does nothing for people trying to get guns through "alternative" means. Looking through the pictures shown I thought that the third picture was interesting given that an item tagged was a stone looking statue (sorry I'm not sure how to load up a single picture).

I'll be seeing how this situation plays out.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Attack on the Seattle Space Needle maybe ?

OMG

Good they foiled any attempts to kill people.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This looks more like illegal trafficking of weapons, perhaps to be sold in the black market?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Officers located all of the items reported stolen from the store — a mixture of firearms, silencers, tactical gear, knives, a Rolex watch, high-end Nikon camera equipment, ballistic shields and other miscellaneous items. Officers also found 51 other firearms, as well as thousands of rounds of ammunition of various calibers, said police spokesman Patrick Michaud.

It will be interesting to see if this individual had any anti-government sentiments, whether he is on any prescribed psychotropics and whether he has any ties to Islamic extremists. With this amount of weaponry as well as all the ancillary equipment found, it also appears he may not have been acting alone.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Maybe he just thought he was in the matrix...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I wonder why they didn't name the suspect.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I wonder why they didn't name the suspect.

Good question.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
3 letters......CIA........a reply to: Snarl

edit on 12-1-2016 by JSpader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader
3 letters......CIA........a reply to: Snarl

It probably has something to do with the amount of money people in Bellevue Wa have, or more simply with an on going investigation. Either way I doubt this is "just" a case of a gun thief stealing stuff. Like it was pointed out above (thanks marg6043) it hopefully was going to be sold on the black market. Sadly in this day and age, it could have been hoarded up for a cell (a you know what cell), in that case the black market would be preferred.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So a little additional info on this.
From Q-13 : (local news channel)

SEATTLE (AP) — Seattle police say they arrested a Bellevue man and seized 68 guns, body armor and ammunition from his home as part of a burglary investigation.

The department said Tuesday that officers responded to a break-in at a commercial building in South Seattle on Dec. 31. Seventeen firearms were taken, and the suspect was described as a white man driving a late 1990s Toyota Forerunner.

A witness reported that the same suspect hit the same building on Jan. 8. This time, police arrived and arrested the suspect, a 38-year-old.

A search of the man’s home turned up a cache of weapons, along with custom tactical gear, knives, body armor and ballistic shields. Detectives say at least 17 of the weapons were stolen, and they are continuing to investigate what the man was planning to do with them.

Police said the suspect is being held at the King County Jail.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Not that I mind seeing them catch a thief, but why are SPD officers in Bellevue? If I'm not mistaken, only Bellevue PD and King County Sheriff Dept. would have any sort of jurisdiction inside Bellevue's city limits. That should mean that Bellevue PD oversaw the search warrant and conducted the search...

I only mention this because Seattle PD has a bit of a history with acting like they are the be-all, end-all in Puget Sound law enforcement and supercede all other departments, regardless of the law.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
From the OP link it looks like the burglary happened in Seattle. They detained him and got warrants for his Bellevue home.

Seattle police say investigators seized dozens of guns, body armor and ammunition from a Bellevue home earlier this week in connection with two burglaries in South Seattle in recent weeks.

Police arrived and detained the man. Officers secured a warrant and searched the man’s Bellevue home and his Toyota.

I find it interesting that the business isn't named and a look at the area on Google Earth doesn't seem to help.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Alright, I now live in Seattle and I am in Bellevue every week. And I had zero clue about this.... sigh

So, I just moved from Chicago to Seattle... Looks like I can't avoid this crap... lol

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If he WAS acting alone, even at the age of 38 Sublime,
he was definitely motivated. Pass the Panzer.
What were [they] thinkin'? I mean, melt the brass down and
you could cast another Wellington AND his horse Crikey

My dad had it right in '83--"The next world war I'm going to
be on everyone's side." Wasn't much of an investor...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Looking at that cache---I'm going to guess that more than one person is involved in this crime. One guy can't shoot all those weapons.
Not releasing his name lets them scrub anything they might need to get off of social media?
That's a lot of merchandise. Surely hope the rightful owner can stand losing that much inventory for a considerable length of time.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The cache is nothing less than an 'arsenal'.. Notice the subs and the military ammo canisters & back packs?

I'm going to call the an arms deal gone bad or theft to resale deal.. keeping my ear to the ground on this one. It does bring to mind, the chicky poo from Seattle that was isis and taken In to custody in April of 2015.....hmmmmmmm scratches head..

www.channel4.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I knew a girl once that liked getting stoned.
I assume you've heard the porcupine joke?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There was no attack or anything like it planned. It was just simple theft. There is probably $100,000 worth of guns and other items in that picture. All of this pro-gun, anti-gun rhetoric just increases the value of guns. I buy guns as an investment. The Browning Hi Power 9mm that I bought in 1984 for $100 is worth over $500 today.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Weapons are the ONLY investment that has never digressed or diminished in value- the market value ONLY increases over time; When the 223 ammo became short and the ban on assault rifles occurred a few years back, by business partner sold (3) m4s for 2600 each- he paid a measly 350.00 for each new, he he.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think that this case is part of the plan to escalate from stronger gun registrations to the outright banning of places (can we call the store that was robbed of 17 firearms a Pawn Shop)

who collect/amass an arsenal of militarized guns & rifles and stuff like body armor for sales to the public

I can easily envision the bad-mouthing and demonization the weapons sections of PawnShops will soon get as the administration tries to put such businesses out-of-legal-business

Oh... that statue in the 3rd photo image... I am sure it isn't a statue of Mary, the mother-of-Jesus...
so it has gotta be as 12" statue of "Isis"...
which might, in a subliminal way tie into the Sunni-Jihadist Army named IS/ISIS... which might suggest as to why the suspects ethnicity was not even hinted at...
that makes Skin Heads, lone-wolfs of Jihad persuasion, Syrian secret Cells... all subject to becoming part of the Federal Agencies developing narrative...one that wants to cut-off all access to weapons/guns even being a marketable item to sell in the USA future...
edit on th31145269855313222016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join