It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I accidently created a hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Of course the video was already hoax binned here. However the rest of the internet wasn't so sure.

Is This A UFO Vanishing Into A Wormhole Portal? Mysterious Ball Of Light Filmed Above Canberra

Sorry, Folks, It’s ‘Ball Lightning’

Astronomer Dr. Brad Tucker of Australian National University debunked the UFO claims, saying it was an equally mysterious phenomenon known as ball lightning.

According to Dr. Tucker, the green and red light faintly glowing in the background could be mistaken for an aurora, where the sun’s energy hits the atmosphere, rubbing it with friction and charging the gas.

Today the creator released a video explaining it all.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

The guy that made that is a legend!!

it shows how the MSM will pick up a video, with little research and add to the millions of fakes out there,

we should ask this guy to join ATS, he has editing skills, and might help in rooting out fake videos

Peace!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
'Accidently' he says, 'Of course' I say.

Clever bit of editing though, so hats off to him.

At least he had the decency to apologise, just hope he doesn't film a genuine encounter ever.
edit on 12/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Two or three years ago I would have argued in favor of real, for days. Eventually if you drop your stubbornness you realize that even if it's a video of a real alien craft, there's absolutely nothing that can prove it wasn't something completely natural or human-made. I also got some learning drilled into my brain by a friend who happened to be a pro.

I like that he showed how he did it, whether he meant to hoax or not. I think it's important to see the process.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This reminds all paranormal researchers why they shouldn't waste time on single data point events. Leave that to the mainstream media.

But it's always fun when the debunkers are wrong. Especially when they pull out a classic debunker meme ... ball lightning.

It reminds me of the James May Skegness Monster hoax. The debunkers were out in force. Yes, they all claimed it wasn't a sea monster. But none of them correctly identified how it was done. No one even came close. Most thought it was a either log or a basking shark.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So.....

actually spoke to the guy who made this video, this is what he said:

Cool, i liked the discussion page about the original video. Just to let you know, it was my first shot at vfx, i wasn't really thinking when i posted the first one on reddit. I didn't actually think people would see it. When i found out the next day that the news had run pieces on it and had contacted astronomers and meteorologists, who both said it looked real, i felt pretty crappy. I didn't want to be wasting the time of actual scientists. I issued an apology on reddit shortly after (which included the how-to video). I'm annoyed they didn't contact me first!

I hope the video gives good insight into how these things can be faked.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What if the guy who made the video is actually an alien...hmmmm

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Thanks for the video

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I lol'd at the end of the video "Nothing interesting happens in Canberra...ever"

I can attest to that

Except to say we did have two crazy UFO incidents there growing up.....que spooky music.
edit on 22-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join