It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Shift Encounter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think it is extremely important unless you are lying

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Too long, too many details, and man was it unoriginal.

2/10 bad pasta

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Star because your post made me smile

I did not post to entertain or be original. Just to share my unverified, personal experience here in the gray area.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Good to see you again

I'll start with a couple of anecdotes before getting to the meat and veg of my points.

My brother used to work in a large town centre store and sometimes had the early shifts when they had to stack shelves and do stocks. One morning, he was in the staff room and about to get started. Probably swigging a tea or coffee...just a normal day. He heard a baby crying and assumed someone had brought their baby into work for whatever reason. No big deal.

Later in the morning, he asked who'd brought the baby in and drew blanks. There was no baby. However a couple of staff said they'd heard a baby crying in the past and the store manager told him about a sort of folklore attached to the building. He said the place had a reputation of spookiness and the sound of a baby crying was thematic.

Where I work, it's an old building that also has a folkloric history of hauntings, doors banging and typically 'spooky' moments. I honestly can't say (with any accuracy) what the heck happens there. It's just an old building and they accrue tales just by being old. In my experience, there have been doors banging when nobody is in. Not often. Several of the staff have stories to tell too.

Just a few weeks ago, I was working late there and listening to music quite loudly. Place was empty. We've got CCTV all over the place. Around 7pm, as I was about to leave, the door in the next room banged shut. I expected someone to walk in and there was nothing.

Next day, one of the CCTV techs was in and I took a shot at *evidence.* I told him the time it occurred and on which cameras the 'banging door' would be seen. To be fair, I expected to see a colleague being a dick and banging that door and running off - practical joke. Instead, the doors didn't move.

Meat and veg

I believe my brother heard what he said he heard and believe his colleagues too. The banging door I heard also happened. Both occurrences have been experienced by other people at different times. At neither time were me or my brother spooked or thinking of ghost stories and horror movies.

I wonder if it's something peculiar to some buildings? A British researcher, Dr Wiseman, looked at standing waves of infrasound and these things can cause goosebumps and corner-of-the-eye phenomena under controlled conditions. Then there's 'exploding head syndrome' which might also have some currently unknown environmental trigger that gives it life outside of the penumbra of sleep.

People just take the easy path by saying 'Ghosts.' Others take the opposite stance and say, 'BS or magical thinking.' The middle way appeals to me much more.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

A British researcher, Dr Wiseman, looked at standing waves of infrasound and these things can cause goosebumps and corner-of-the-eye phenomena under controlled conditions. Then there's 'exploding head syndrome' which might also have some currently unknown environmental trigger that gives it life outside of the penumbra of sleep.

That is fascinating! I can't wait to look into this research. It seems like an interesting angle to investigate for sure. However, I just can't ignore the falling objects. The odds of something that shouldn't be moving at all, happening to plop right in front of me in a very particular place at a very particular time (multiple times even) is just...I am lost with that one!

Thanks for stopping by!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Having worked lots of midnight shifts, and really admittedly not wanting to think overly hard ( LOL) my theory has been whatever is hanging out is also just as prevalent during the day it's just there is much more human activity so things the overnight peeps notice get attributed to " someone else did it" syndrome. We're experts at rationalizing things because we don't normally expect there to be any other reason.

Not jumping to conclusions it's ghosty, but there "seem" to be lots of other things, entities if you will? that we ignore, don't perceive etc...that possibly could be just as responsible.

Obviously he whole "pictures or it didn't happen" crew will be along shortly. LMAO!!
To that I would say, every persons level of acceptable evidence is different so please respect that. Most people don't go to work geared up with expensive tech nor have the time to run an investigation and usually not the employers permission to do so.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
"pictures or it didn't happen" crew will be along shortly

It was never my intention to present evidence to ATS. Yes I would like something more concrete for myself, and if it's good, I'd obviously bring it to ATS.

But it's not like I can just turn on my camera-phone all night and walk around waiting for stuff to happen. And even if I did, 99 out of 100 people would say, "Not.Good.Enough!" for very good reasons.

Experience it for yourself or remain in doubt. I am just sharing my experience, as that sometimes has value to others.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the share!

I also work nights at a grocery store, there's always weird things happening.

Our garbage compactor constantly goes off at night. The old one had an "auto" switch so I shrugged it off. The new one installed less than a year ago doesn't... controls are very basic. Damn thing is constantly going off still. Jump scares the beejeesus out of us and the drivers when it does. I tried to shut it off one night with the e stop button... The temp alarms went off on one of our freezers less than 5 minutes later!

People working at night constantly talk about hearing voices in the next aisle.

The first week when I started the "money room" where the cashiers go and is always locked had it's motion sensor tripped. I now shut off all the alarms in the building that I can as soon as I get there.

I was doing paperwork one night and a door that is never - ever closed and propped open with a wedge underneath decided to slam shut directly behind me down the hallway.

There have been a few cases of things falling off the shelf, some I blame on overfilling the shelf, but some is badly dented cans and broken open boxes of product with items missing, like someone is trying to help!

There have also been cases during the day, like meat flying from the shelf and hitting people. I asked to be able to record the cameras with my phone, but they won't let me.

The creepiest thing is, managers of the store have died within a few mile radius of it. And there is a graveyard directly behind the store.

For anyone that wants... here's a Google Maps link...
edit on 12-1-2016 by gspat because: because stuff

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have noticed a few posters pushing you for evidence ....... instead of attempting to please ATS members I suggest you concentrate of your upcoming task, plus spirits can easily manipulate electronics. Often camera equipment stops working at time of contact.

It appears this spirit is somehow wanting to connect with you and I caution you to be careful. Possibly it could have a message that it wants to share with you. I believe that this spirit realizes you can see it BUT I seriously doubt this spirit was a suicide. This spirit is throwing food on the floor etc..... banging on doors, walls and/or windows, huh? Of course there is not information given to say anything for a fact but I would not rule out it could be something imitating this dead person and could be demonic. This often happens

If you decide to communicate with this spirit be respectful and do not insult or scream at it. It could attack you or even worse.

If you have never approached anything in the spiritual world, I would ignore it and see if it moves on.

edit on 12-1-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

The problem is the graveyard. Get out....quit.... do it before you are marked.These things will follow you home.

Myself and other families used to live directly next door to a graveyard and our basements were at the same depth as the dead were buried that were just a few feet away. I could write books from what we experienced in that house over ten years. One cat ran away due to fear, one dog had a heart attack and all of our birds, fish, pet hamsters died time and time again.

We had to move away once these entities starting attacking us and appearing before us.... even as the family watched TV. No one wants to buy our home and it has been standing empty since 2005.

edit on 12-1-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I suspect the key for you between you and the ghost is the girlfriend. They knew each other right? Perhaps there was a connection between them that puts you in the middle and the ghost fellow isn't too happy with the humans.

Try explaining outloud to him that he must allow your material relationship between you and her to happen and must find it within himself to move on to a better place for his spirit rather than being trapped into attempting to operate in a material situation that he should be beyond caring about.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What's Up a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha??

Long time no see!!

Yep. I can believe you without hesitation. Some previous employee killed himself? It's quite possible that guy let all of his emotions pour out working 'the graveyard' shift. IMVHO that's all it takes for such manifestations to occur. The guy didn't even have to die to leave behind 'active memories' perceptible to others. You're just tuned in to the right frequency. Lots of people are actually.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I suspect the key for you between you and the ghost is the girlfriend. They knew each other right? Perhaps there was a connection between them that puts you in the middle and the ghost fellow isn't too happy with the humans.

Try explaining outloud to him that he must allow your material relationship between you and her to happen and must find it within himself to move on to a better place for his spirit rather than being trapped into attempting to operate in a material situation that he should be beyond caring about.

I wondered that too, if the dead guy might have had a thing for his girlfriend when he was alive. I agree, the spirit should be encouraged to move on and find the light. Then again, we don't know for sure if this is the spirit of the suicidal man or perhaps an evil entity. In that case, I wouldn't want to mess around with it and would call in a local paranormal investigator to check things out.

There are some hauntings that are considered an imprint in the environment, but the same scene would be played out over and over again. In this instance, different things are happening around him.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
What's Up a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha??

Long time no see!!

Yep. I can believe you without hesitation. Some previous employee killed himself? It's quite possible that guy let all of his emotions pour out working 'the graveyard' shift. IMVHO that's all it takes for such manifestations to occur. The guy didn't even have to die to leave behind 'active memories' perceptible to others. You're just tuned in to the right frequency. Lots of people are actually.

I've heard theories like this before, that it can be more of a strong emotion situation than a dead guy situation. Paul Eno has mentioned at least one case where a living person was "haunting" a house, but he linked it to a multiverse experience. I think with as little as we really know about this sort of phenomenon, there may be many possibilities.

I don't know what people around here think about Paul Eno (if anything), but from listening to his podcasts he's a pretty smart guy and definitely has some interesting stories and theories.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: duke396

My one visual encounter with a ghost was a remnant/memory of the living. My daughter and I witnessed a young girl tearing through the hallway of a house we had recently built. I went out of my way to track this girl down and see her alive with my own eyes.

That I am convinced this phenomenon is real, is beyond my ability to express adequately in words. You'd have to hear me and my daughter recount the experience together. It was AWESOME.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
That sounds awesome. You never saw her again?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That sounds awesome. You never saw her again?

I saw her alive and well in the company of her grandmother after tracking her down through our builder. Never saw a residual image of her running through my house after.

Really changed the way I perceive things. Had it been me alone ... had I not carefully talked it through with my daughter ... I might have been able to convince myself it was merely my imagination.

Fact is: my daughter and I saw her memory/image clearly. There was hardly anything 'freaky' about it ... nothing to cause alarm. It was a little girl. She made absolutely no sound. The only thing strange was that no one else should have been in that hallway at that moment.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wow. I would have been dumbfounded; especially seeing her alive and well after that.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Howdy

It's counter-intuitive that most 'ghost' sightings are of living people and yet they show up a lot in the data. I wrote a thread (Apparitions: Glimpses of ghosts?) a few years back that included a little study of sightings.

^^^ Those reports were selected because they included more than one witness simultaneously.
edit on 1.28.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Thank you for the link to your thread. I subscribed to it so I can read later. It looks very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join