It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Shift Encounter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi ATS, nice to see you again!

So I’ve been working night shift grocery for a while. Glamorous, right?..but it pays the bills and all is well in Narcoland. So they started entrusting me to work shifts by myself, alone in the store. And that’s when I noticed some interesting and weird things happening. First night—the alarm system was going all wonky but I ignored it since I couldn’t find anything wrong with the doors or locks and the lot was deserted. No problem. But I also kept hearing a lot of weird banging noises, mostly the sounds of doors slamming (those swinging double doors,) pallets being dropped, things like that. Absolutely no one in the store and I could not figure this out all night. I was flummoxed. However, I did not have much time to dwell on it because I still had tons of work to do. I came out of that night genuinely frightened—but I chalked it up to my neurotic personality and paranoia—the mind plays tricks on those in isolated environments.

But as I worked more shifts by myself, I found that the noises did not stop. I knew the sounds of things like the heating/cooling systems, all the automated things going on, but these sounds were doors and bangs that I could not figure out—to me, it sounded like someone else was working in this store—although impossible. A few times I would even traipse around the different departments and storerooms to make absolutely certain I was alone in there.

Okay, more ignoring the sounds and more carrying on with the work through the weeks. Then things start falling over! I’d walk by a shelf—boom—item falls right in front of me. Doesn’t matter what item, what shelf (even products secured behind a freezer door would fall without provocation. And trust me, there ain’t no mice scurrying through the freezers!) Products, boxes, cans, whatever, just jumping off the shelf right as I walked by—and even products that wouldn’t typically be falling for any reason such as cans or wide boxes. And I walk the aisles just before opening to make sure nothing is on the floor every morning—so there isn’t an abundance of items just falling all night long—no, these items are falling for me—to get my attention.

Even so, I have work to do and don’t even stop for breaks or lunches. Once I was walking through the back storeroom and noticed a nametag tacked to a wooden board. There was also an etching with a date and the words, “we miss you.”

So I kept thinking about this name and this person. I down-stock my pallets near the meat department as it is a central location with lots of space. The feeling of NOT being alone in the store persisted through the weeks. Now I was seeing glimpses and shadows and whatnot as I worked. I was convinced. There is an image or entity there with me. I see it in my periphery; I see it either in the butcher’s cutting room behind the glass, or sometimes at the end of the aisle opposite.

My girlfriend also works in the store and she has been there as long as anyone. I asked if she knew this person. She did.

As tactfully and serious as possible, I told her, “I bet I can describe what he looked like.”

She got this puzzled grimace on her face. I asked, “Was he kind of short? A bit shorter than me? And thinner than me, like a much smaller build? Did he have short, black hair?”

Immediately she was asking, “Where did you see pictures of him? How do you know this?”

Then she told me the story of this young man. She told they were friends years ago, and that he did indeed work in the meat department. I won’t divulge the entire narrative out of respect for his memory, but he killed himself rather young.

I told her I keep seeing this image of a person who looks like this—and that something is clearly trying to make me notice its presence.

None of the noises or falling objects happen when the entire night crew is there. I only notice this stuff when I work my solo shifts 1-2 nights a week.

I asked a few co-workers jokingly, “Hey did you know the store is haunted?” or “You didn’t tell me this place is haunted!” I expected a few chuckles, but I still wanted to gauge others’ opinions.

One person said, “No, it’s not haunted. I’ve worked night shift for many years. I would know if it was haunted.”

I asked another who has worked solo nights. He just stopped and gave me a serious stare. He tells me that it’s creepy here alone, that he hears strange noises and sees things..like someone else is in the store. I was shocked to hear him admitting this so readily.

So now I played devil’s advocate: “Oh I was just joking, you know. Do you really hear noises and see things? What do you see? What do you hear?”

At the end of my probing, he told me he’s 100% convinced there is a presence in the store. I admitted to him that I agree wholeheartedly.

A couple other co-workers admitted to the “creepiness” feeling, but none have described noises or apparitions.

So my girlfriend thinks I should try talking to it and asking what it wants. This is kind of—awkward and bizarre—to say the least. They were very good friends and I am not really excited about opening this particular can of worms, but we are both very curious and open people when it comes to the spirit world.

Anyone who knows my posting history knows that I am spiritual, and somewhat sensitive to these things, though not exactly a medium or ghost-whisperer. In fact, aside from maybe one or two other small incidents, this is the only time in my life I feel I have stumbled upon an actual ghost or haunting (and trust me, I am still plenty skeptical; a trait I learned from ATS of course!)

I have heard it is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a terrible idea to try talking to ‘ghosts’ or ‘entities.’ It opens doors best left unopened, I think. But, I also think I have already opened some of these mental doors and that is probably why I am more sensitive to it.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions? Otherwise, sorry for the long post. I am highly fascinated by what’s been happening on this night shift and I thought some of you good folks might be as well.

I think I will attempt a few friendly greetings next time to see if I can get a more definite reaction.

edit on 12-1-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

stand where one of the security cameras can see you and confront it, if you get anything on video bring the footage here.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What a fascinating tale.
Evidence is key.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
wait a minute... you don't stop for breaks or lunches? Why?

If not stopping for breaks and lunches, you must get them or you probably wouldn;t have mentioned them.

Now just suppose the ghost you see is somebody that died for your right to take your break and lunch?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That is truly bizarre and creepy. It reminds me of a few night shift incidents I've witnessed. I'd share some, if you don't mind. As to what to do? I always tried to ignore what was going on. It wasn't easy.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If you do try to contact it, or any spirits, do not forget about offerings, or a sacrifice.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
It reminds me of a few night shift incidents I've witnessed. I'd share some, if you don't mind.

Not at all! Please share! I am intrigued to hear more. Corroboration or dismissal from other sources is what ATS is all about. I look forward to your posts.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

stand where one of the security cameras can see you and confront it, if you get anything on video bring the footage here.

That's a great idea. I will pursue this, although I don't have any access to the security footage. I know it is not even checked unless there is an incident. But I still think it's a great idea.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
you don't stop for breaks or lunches? Why?

The point I was trying to emphasize is that, yes break time and lunches are allotted for me, but that since I am totally alone and have a load to work, I choose to attend to my responsibilities. It also means I don't get to jerk around with a possible ghost or sit in the corner cowering all night.

You do raise a good point--even if irrelevant to this thread--that working conditions were not always so lush as they are for me, and that I should take advantage of these rights.

But again, let's discuss the TOPIC.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Lemme guess, this store has no video security system or it "malfunctions" whenever the strange things happen, right?

It's the same pattern over and over again. There's always an excuse.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I worked as a cleaner and, of course, had to work at night. Some of these were medical buildings and they were creepy to say the least.

In one building, I'd hear noises of things being moved around. I'd see shadowy figures moving around. One time, I walked into a room and a stack of papers that had been sitting on a desk undisturbed suddenly toppled over. Another time, I heard a thump from the back of the building like somebody had dropped something on the floor. I went to look and saw a stack of folders in the middle of the hallways, three feet from where they had been sitting on a counter. It's like somebody dropped them there.

In another place, I had to walk through and make sure lights were off, doors were locked, and alarms were set. It felt like I was being followed by something that didn't want me there. I brought my girlfriend at the time once. I didn't tell her anything about it and she kept looking behind her and commenting on how scary the place was. She felt it too. I'd also be doing inventory and hear doors slamming and something coming down the hall toward me, banging on the walls.

My brother and I also cleaned another place. Lights we shut off would come back on. We even saw the switches move. Chairs would pull out from desks (sometimes in front of us). Some offices had plush carpeting. Anyone stepping on it would leave a footprint. Now, we had to push the chairs up to the desk when cleaning. On the final walk though, we'd see that the chairs were pulled back from the desks and not a footprint in sight. I could go on but that would be an entire thread unto its self. Night shift is creepy enough. It's even worse when something is in the building with you.

edit on 12-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foundryman
Lemme guess, this store has no video security system or it "malfunctions" whenever the strange things happen, right?

It's the same pattern over and over again. There's always an excuse.

I have made no excuses of the sort haha!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Cool story. That being said, I don't know if I'd try contacting anything myself (or by myself). Maybe you can contact a medium to drop in while you're on night shift by yourself. You might also be able to find a ghost hunter/paranormal investigator who would be interested in your case.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Your thread made me remember this video. Creepy.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hospitals are definitely strange places.

I encourage you to post more either on this thread or start your own. Most of my work has included night shifts. This is the first time I ever worked alone though.

That feeling of being watched, or feeling a presence is definitely something I pay attention to. It is an instinct essential to our survival, after all. I am especially intrigued that your girlfriend felt that 'being watched' phenomenon without you leading her on.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If this entity can move things, ask if he'll help you stock the shelves. What the heck can that hurt?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

If this entity can move things, ask if he'll help you stock the shelves. What the heck can that hurt?

My dark sense of humor approves! Good one

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I actually saw something in the last place I mentioned. It was a stock broker place.

I was emptying trash cans and I happened to look up while dumping a can. I saw a sickly looking man moving toward me, while supporting himself by putting his hands on the desks. The guy was solid and not transparent or anything. I thought he was a real person. He was gone in between dumping the can and putting it back, a matter of a second or two. He was not close to the hall that lead to the elevators. Even if he had gotten on one, the doors let out a loud DING when they open. No ding. I called to my brother, who worked on the same floor, the side the guy came from, and asked if he saw anyone up there. Nope! We searched the whole place and found nobody. We hurried our work and noped it the hell out of there. I hated that place.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I think it is exactly this topic. What you may not realize is a ghost that fought and died for those rights is irritated.

You brought up ghosts did you not?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

What you may not realize is a ghost that fought and died for those rights is irritated.

tinner07, if this apparition I see is indeed the same person attached to the name-tag and suicide, which I believe to be so for reasons already established...then that was not the reason for his suicide..

I am not sure whether you are attempting to be humorous...

What makes you believe this has anything to do with workers' rights?

<<   2  3 >>

join