It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest question for discussion: Where, when and why did the US begin to fall?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
Great suggestion and thank you! This topic comes up on ATS quite a bit I have noticed. not the Whiskey Rebellion per se, but about people rising against the government and the government's potential smack down of the very people who make up the country itself.

I like to point that one out because it was at the very start. Supposedly the freest the US has ever been.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I am quite happy with that answer to be honest

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
It's probably just because we're easy targets. We don't have body guards like government officials and the corporate elite.

Maybe, but you know a truck doing 80 down a Wall street sidewalk during lunch hour would takeout a hell of a lot of these so called elite...hehe

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It started its slow decline with LBJ's Great Society and social engineering of the government in the 60's. Then the dumbing down of the Public Education System. Now we have entire generations that are enabled and dependent on the government at a severe cost to working class Americans. Add to that the US elects someone in 2008 who has virtually no experience in running anything to the highest office in the land. WTH was that all about. Look at what that has done to America. We have more racial hatred since he has taken office than I have seen in my lifetime (56 years) and its going to get worse before it gets better. We have abandoned God for the almighty dollar, and the government prints it whenever it needs more thereby making our children futures considerably less stable than our own. Yet most don't care because they let a Computer of a Gaming console babysit their kids while they figure out more ways to scam whomever they can. Its a hot mess and if I had the money I would move my entire family the hell out of this #hole in a skinny minute. I could afford to move the wife and I, but I just cannot leave my kids and grandkids behind. So I will be here until I see the end of America as I knew it.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ok. We got it. You can sure tell it is election time. It is all Obama's fault and the liberals. Good thing we got never ending war to depend on. Trump is the new Reagan God. Got it.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Reagan and supply side economics.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The 'decline of America' goes hand-in-hand with American imperialism. We allowed crony-capitalism to supplant democratic morals. We began orchestrating coup's against legitimately elected governments in order to put in place juntas that would cater to American corporate interests. The first instances of this happened under the 'Monroe Doctrine,' but that was limited due to the civil war and westward expansion. Imperialism reared its ugly head again in Latin America in the early part of the 20th century. By 1953 we were extending Imperialism to the Middle East, when the CIA pulled off the mother of all coup d'etat's by supplanting a duly elected democratic government in Iran with our brutal puppet in the Shah. From the late 50's it's been all downhill, the 80's, 90's and 2000's have all been tainted by CIA-backed worldwide destabilization in the name of American interests.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
December 23, 1913

The birth of the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
During Clinton.
It's all been down hill since.
edit on 19-1-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join