It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 days into new year, more than 100 people shot in Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Uh? do you think gang members go to gun stores?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The gunshow "loophole" is a fallacy.

Gun smuggling is a reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: roadgravel
Funny how gang violence does not come up much as a problem much in the gun control debate. I don't think anyone wants to take on that beast.

Why would they? I mean, its political suicide just to bring up the issue of gun show loopholes... Its literally a political mud pit.

Has Obama ever brought it up in his "talks" on guns?

Yes he has... you'd know that if you actually watched he's talk on gun regulations the other day on CNN.

I haven't heard or read anything about a plan to stop it. Doesn't amount to much then.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
And in less than a page, ats has summed up the entire gun debate.

Event happens.

Both sides immediately resort to petty "witticisms" and hyperbole and nothing gets done.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I wonder how many of the perps religiously vote Democrat.

None of them probably.
At least those among those who can legally vote.
Chicago is a sanctuary city, like Philly and Baltimore.
No possible connection between that and violence, uh, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'll take a Ranger sweep to fix THAT cesspool.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: jhn7537

More guns!

That'll solve the issue... or so a lot of US citizens on ATS try to tell me.

Uh, no -- these are criminals. If you banned guns -- they'd still have them. What you need to do is bring money into the ghettos, bring honest jobs that pay well enough for people to afford to live there. What you need to do, is uplift the populations wallets so they don't have to turn to crime to save money.

Poverty = Crime. Guns have nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
How many people shot in the entire US as a whole since the start of the new year?

If more guns means less crime wouldn't that make the US and war torn countries with armed thugs patrolling the streets the safest places on earth?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Bill O’Reilly when he says they need to declare a national emergency and put the National Guard on the streets in Chicago.

I would also outlaw gangs and make sure young men in that city are off the streets, a curfew, until all this violence is gone.

There’s no other way.

Of course this won’t be done because people don’t want to admit there’s no other way but what I describe.

Narrow minded liberals and middle class elite black people who don’t have to live in the ghetto like Al Sharpton

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
How many people shot in the entire US as a whole since the start of the new year?

If more guns means less crime wouldn't that make the US and war torn countries with armed thugs patrolling the streets the safest places on earth?

More money equates to less crime. Less money equates to more crime. Guns are just tools. Legally they are used for defense, illegally they are used for offense. Poor people will break the law to make money, thereforby; poor people will obtain guns illegally, and then use those illegally obtained fire arms to steal/make more money.

If you're a drug dealer, and someone else runs your neighborhood, and you kill that someone else, the population turns to you, which equals fat stacks. The way to solve this problem is to put money back into the community, bolster education, and give people jobs that are worth the effort. Too many employers pay too little for the actual work being done. It would also help to decriminalize drugs and to sell them from dispensaries, take that tax money and throw it back into the city. It's working fantastic in Colorado, they've actually collected so much taxes, that they've collected more than they are legally allowed to. This means they actually had to cut every resident a check in surplus taxes -- and that's just for Marijuana. If you take away illegal crime syndicates way to make money, they won't be out there shooting people for less than they can make with a normal 9-5.

I work at Home Depot, and I walk over 20 miles a day AND lift upwards of 45,000 lbs a day being a lot loader. I get paid 9$ an hour. Publix pays their cart wranglers 10$ an hour to collect shopping carts and lift nothing. You see how that's upside down?

My home depot makes 1.8 million a week in profit, that's NET GAIN, not total gross. It's 100% pure greed and it's killing the country. They won't even take some of that profit and buy the store new radios so we can actually have good customer service -- anything that dips into the profit margin is called "Shrink" and is demonized villainously.

Almost everyone working there is on probation or parole of some kind. They think because they hire criminals that they don't deserve honest wages -- this is precisely why there are criminals to begin with. Talk about a funky profit strategy.
edit on 11-1-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You need more guns. In the UK we have a severe problem in that not enough people have guns. This is causing a problem for the undertakers since they are losing business with only 30 guns deaths per year for a population of 60 million (that would be 150 deaths per year for the whole of the US for a full year, pro rata).

So come folks get those guns out and keep our undertakers in business. I've heard stonemasons could do with some business as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Bill O’Reilly when he says they need to declare a national emergency and put the National Guard on the streets in Chicago.
A national emergency does not need to be declared for the Governor to bring the Guard into a situation so if O'Reilly actually said that it's nothing but his usual hyperbole. But what you are talking about would seem to be a policing action. While they may be called upon to support police in specific situations, it is not really their role. They do not have arrest powers, for example.

edit on 1/11/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Those gang members wouldn't be so tough if they were dropped right on the footstep of ISIS headquarters...they would be like little babies. So this gang violence is just a little scratch in the context of gun control and violence.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Shhhhhh !!

Don't give Obama any bright ideas !!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
And in less than a page, ats has summed up the entire gun debate.

Event happens.

Both sides immediately resort to petty "witticisms" and hyperbole and nothing gets done.

Police have responded with SWAT teams to kids with bags of weed.

Enforce the laws we already have. Punish those who break the law.

Let's stop trying to understand their needs and their angst. Let's just punish those that break the laws.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's an easy question really. What's the difference between New York and Chicago? That will give you your answer. Both large cities, both strict gun laws, both primarily Democratic controlled. What's different?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Chicago being gun free is absolutely meaningless, if it wasn't such a free for all in the rest of the country for decades..maybe..just maybe, but it's way too late now. Fix society..that's the unreachable solution.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Are they free next Monday?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

More guns!

Your plan of disarming the law abiding will work out great I'm sure.

Yes, the answer is to arm and train good, everyday people. Everyone has the right to defend their lives.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

More guns!

Your plan of disarming the law abiding will work out great I'm sure.

Yes, the answer is to arm and train good, everyday people. Everyone has the right to defend their lives.

But again, why isn't gun violence as high in New York?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join