It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton to propose four percent income-tax 'surcharge' on wealthy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In fact, if I were to win Powerball, do you know where a good chunk of it would go after the intial tax payout?

Erm - hungry children, the homeless, the debt-ridden, and abused animals? And maybe me? My dear friend Sarah and I were just talking about that this morning.......and it was all very altruistic (after, of course, paying off debts)......

Overseas. I'm not about to continue spending more on taxes than I have to.

Wow. You and Jesus and Money......the Holy Trinity.

edit on 1/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

:/

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Yeah that is ridiculous. My father in law is an entrepreneur and has made millions after growing up in poverty. The amount of taxes he pays through the businesses he runs, benefits he provides, etc. are quite significant. Not to mention things like gift tax and inheritance tax the Government will claim when the time comes.

"Demonizing the rich" by "taxing them a more fair share" is missing the crux of the problem. It is crony corporatism, to include the fixed game of wall street and large federal contracts affiliated with the MIC that need more scrutiny - not to mention the deficit we've created to keep our empire in full swing...

HRC is just going for talking points some campaign strategist told her will energize her base...

Agreed. +1

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

If someone takes it, I can't control what I get to do with it. Therefore, I can't help anyone with money I don't have, can I?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have to flag you because the pic is adorable, BTW I love pancakes.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm sure that would change if you fell under that bracket.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: marg6043

so how come now Hillary is using this for political propaganda, obviously Obama never delivered his promise that made on his Nations address.

Not fishy.

It is because the Republicans who were butt-hurt about him winning REFUSED to cooperate with ANYTHING he said.

Like misbehaved children.

Are you hazy on the 2007-08 Congress? Or the Executive Orders Obama wrote with his pin & fone?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Naming it the "Fair Share Surcharge" sounds very Ayn Randish.

Wonder that she's recently brushed up on how to be more protagonist against the wealth producers.

Me, I'm with Reardon, pack it in, run for the hills until this mess settles, and settle it will.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The Rothschilds are rubbing their hands about this.

edit on Jan-11-2016 by xuenchen because: sorosism

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The CEO of Walmart makes approximately $16,000 per HOUR. Do you honestly think he does 1,700 times as much work as the average Walmart employee? I'd wager he does far LESS work than the average employee.

An ultra rich CEO is not worth that much more than your average worker, if you think so you're delusional.

That's only one example, I'm sure there are CEO's who make far more than that compared to their blue collar slaves. And yes, that kind of income disparity is akin to slavery in my opinion.
edit on 1/11/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The thing about being CEO, is that even if you suck horribly at your job, you still make tons of money off a severance package of some description.
You don't have to be talented, you just have to be connected. (Though that is, arguably, a talent of itself.)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
It will never work because you have to spend less then what you take in to solve the problem this nation has for debt.
This is how they think in DC. They throw the people a bone once in a while. The only problem is the bone has a sting attached to it.
One hundred and fifty billion dollars in ten years but they add a trillion in debt per year easily. One big arse joke.
Can it be fixed? Not by these morons.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The CEO of Walmart makes approximately $16,000 per HOUR. Do you honestly think he does 1,700 times as much work as the average Walmart employee? I'd wager he does far LESS work than the average employee.

An ultra rich CEO is not worth that much more than your average worker, if you think so you're delusional.

That's only one example, I'm sure there are CEO's who make far more than that compared to their blue collar slaves. And yes, that kind of income disparity is akin to slavery in my opinion.

Here's the thing ... tax law does not target just the ultra-rich. They write it target people like my uncle, my cousin's husband, and our college pal, all of whom likely qualify as "wealthy" because they are certainly above the $250K threshold in all likelihood, but are nowhere near the Walmart CEO level, but the upper tax brackets hurt them every bit as much.

What goes in is that you enable the wealthy 1% is staying even more wealthy 1% and knocking down anyone else who might be making it on their own merits. Like the third brother in the video I posted up thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: xuenchen
It will never work because you have to spend less then what you take in to solve the problem this nation has for debt.
This is how they think in DC. They throw the people a bone once in a while. The only problem is the bone has a sting attached to it.
One hundred and fifty billion dollars in ten years but they add a trillion in debt per year easily. One big arse joke.
Can it be fixed? Not by these morons.

Husband did the math.

DC would spend the Powerball jackpot in about 1 1/2 hours at their current spending levels.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How about instead of 10 years make it 2 so we see if your worthy of our vote!! Anybody can say 10 years and blame the next guy!
Your not!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Most Americans just want some equal percentages. I pay 50% you Pay 50%, my business pays 50% then Exon, Shell and Chevron all pay 50%. Easy.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Most Americans just want some equal percentages. I pay 50% you Pay 50%, my business pays 50% then Exon, Shell and Chevron all pay 50%. Easy.

Why 50%?

Do you really think the government is worthy of half of all your productive efforts? Don't you think your family deserves the lion's share of your productive efforts?

I'd say knock that down to somewhere between 13 and 20% and make the government live within its means instead of jacking up the rates every time it wants some new pet project.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Does a loaf of bread cost any more for your uncle or cousin than it does for a lower class family? How about for the Walmart CEO? If not, how is a higher tax going to negatively affect them like it would one of those lower class families?

If the country is more dependent on you for the economy to prosper then you have a greater duty to return the favor so to speak. "With great power comes great responsibility." These fat cats want nothing to do with responsibility it seems.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: amazing

Why 50%?

Do you really think the government is worthy of half of all your productive efforts? Don't you think your family deserves the lion's share of your productive efforts?

I'd say knock that down to somewhere between 13 and 20% and make the government live within its means instead of jacking up the rates every time it wants some new pet project.

I agree. I was just throwing out a number. 10% is my ideal number.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Two reasons: Firstly, human greed. Secondly, the more more more! ideology that Capitalism is built on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join