It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European migrant crisis causing dangerous gender imbalance in region, expert warns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

According to the UNHCR, 58 per cent of the more than 1 million migrants and refugees who arrived in Europe last year were adult men, 17 per cent were women, and the remainder were children.

Professor Valerie Hudson, a Texas A&M University professor, said gender imbalances could cause serious problems in the community.

She said societies where men outnumbered women were more susceptible to higher levels of violence, insurgence and mistreatment of women.

Sweden is of particular interest to Professor Hudson, because it has the second-highest number of asylum applications in Europe, relative to its population.

"I looked specifically at the figures that Sweden had provided on its migrants — 71 per cent of whom are male," she said.

"And then in the age group 16 to 17 years old, which is what I focused on, over 90 per cent are male."

What we have found uniformly [in societies where men outnumber women] is a rise in crime, particularly violent crime, property crime, crime against women.
Professor Valerie Hudson, Texas A&M University
Professor Hudson estimated there were about 123 boys for every 100 girls in Sweden.

abc.net.au

So could this be the problem with immigration into Europe... Not necessarily that middle eastern people are incapable of assimilating into the society, but that European governments are ignorantly accepting the wrong immigrants?

Australia for example have accepted to take in 12,000 people due to the Iraq & Syria conflict, but obviously we are only accepting the most vulnerable.

Australia has agreed to resettle 12,000 people displaced by the conflict in Syria and Iraq.

A spokesman for Immigration Minister Peter Dutton told the ABC so far 26 people had arrived in Australia as part of that humanitarian intake.

"Gender ratios are not a criterion the department considers when assessing visa applications," the spokesman said in a statement.

The spokesman said Australia would give priority to people it assessed as most vulnerable — "women, children and families with the least prospect of ever returning safely to their homes".

So maybe it's the politicians of Europe who are to blame for any issues that may come from the immigrants coming from the ME, rather than the culture or religion of the middle east.

I mean, when 71% of immigrants the governments allowing into the country are young males, your obviously going to have an issue, right?

Maybe its time people stop blaming these poor war torn immigrants for the recent issues in Europe and start placing the blame on incompetent government policies... just saying.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

But I thought they were widowed women and orphaned children?

Folks can't seem to make up their mind on that one...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

At least the ratio isn't being challenged anymore.

Baby steps.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

At least the ratio isn't being challenged anymore.

Baby steps.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Do you see the problem I am voicing? On one hand we are told they are bringing women and children, not draft aged single males.

Now we are expected to accept that its more probably just a gender issue since there are so many young men, upeards or more than 71%...so I guess Mr. Obama and the Media have been lying to us? Is that the conclusion I should arrive to? If thats the case does that mean they are definitely being overly loose with their vetting since in all actuality IT IS draft aged ME men that are being shipped all over the world?

The same men who grow up viewing women as property?

No, this explains nothing, it only begs more questions of the governments of the West.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't think it would be fair or accurate to put the all the blame on either the governments in Europe or the immigrants/refugees. It seems like both parties have a hand in this. It's a cascade of errors and conflicting information all around. A massive quagmire.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If I were a left-wing propagandist I could probably convince a bunch of dolts that the sexual assault and rape epidemic engulfing Europe is simply a natural reaction to " gender imbalance "

At least gender matters again, that's a good sign

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There is a reason the young, fit, working age males are the ones the UN want migrating into Europe. Europe has an aging population. Young workers are supposedly needed to work, start businesses, propagate, and send money back into their home countries to help to not only give their home countries an influx of money, but also to use that newfound buying power to purchase goods and services from Europe in return. It is called "remittance" from what I am reading.

Unfortunately, those same men have a different view of females and it is causing some major problems. Some European men are sending a message to these young virile fit young migrants that their behavior will not be tolerated from what I am reading today.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RoderickUsher

I agree. How can you blame Europe, its not like they can say take Mom and daughter....sorry Dad and son cant come...too many men.

No the problem sits squarely on my country starting the Arab Spring, Obama and Clinton, Bush and Cheney...no difference if you ask me...but its only the 5 countries in 7 years bunch that are having these problems.

Either way it is unwise to endanger people back home with all this, perhaps a more hands off approach might of been better after all. Why Sweden etc... have to shoulder our mistakes is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Excellent points.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

"She said societies where men outnumbered women were more susceptible to higher levels of violence, insurgence and mistreatment of women. "

That goes without saying. I hope they will resolve this asap.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This just reads like a tragic comedy of errors that in the long run is going to blow up in everyones face. Playing the blame game is natural but in reality you don't have enough fingers to point at all the people who's actions will be responsible for all this. There are alot of bad ideas coming together at once

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Now we are expected to accept that its more probably just a gender issue since there are so many young men, upeards or more than 71%...so I guess Mr. Obama and the Media have been lying to us? Is that the conclusion I should arrive to? If thats the case does that mean they are definitely being overly loose with their vetting since in all actuality IT IS draft aged ME men that are being shipped all over the world?

Obama and the US immigration policy have nothing to do with it... since the US aren't the ones complaining about a sexual assault epidemic.

If I was going to admit anything, it would be that the governments of western & northern Europe have screwed up big time by allowing only the strongest and the fittest into the country, rather than the people most in need... which would be women & children and also males with families.

Young single males should obviously be the last ones accepted... The governments of western & northern Europe need to be held accountable by the people, rather than placing the blame on poor refugees!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I cant believe this. Just a few months ago on ATS I kept saying I was concerned at the 80% of young , fitm men and I couldnt understand why BBC etc kept showing the women and children only when quite clearly in the background most were men. I also said that only a small number were coming from Syria. Certain members on here continously denied this was the truth even when shown UN and EU figures by me, they said that was right wing propaganda. I was called a liar numerous times.

Now these same people are probably going to try and twist these figures to be truth now and to say it is nothing to do with refugees per se but the imbalance. Unbelievable!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Yep, that is EXACTLY my problem with this whole damned charade, and that IS what it is...a charade, and the administrations of many countries and I suspect the UN are all in cahoots.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

""" I couldnt understand why BBC etc kept showing the women and children only when quite clearly in the background most were men. I also said that only a small number were coming from Syria. Certain members on here continously denied this was the truth even when shown UN and EU figures """

The propagandists have kinda cornered themselves haven't they...In order to shift the blame for the rape and sexual assault epidemic to some Cultural Marxist Gender Boogey man, ....they have to admit they were lying about who they were letting in

Hey Lucy !! You got some splainin' to do

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The UK still continues to defend its border from the single males of fighting age. Just look at the thousands of them camped in the shores of France because they are kept out of Britain.
Unlucky for mainland EU, your governments apparently lost their minds.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm no historian, but I seem to remember that 1,000 years ago (or so) common practice was to invade a country/region and rape as many women as you could to negate future generations from rising against the invaders.

Ghengis Khan seemed to be big on that and he had a few run-ins with Islamic armies.

Just finding interesting parallels.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Once the colonisation of an area begins...you will see the mob mentality emerge.

thisisengland.org.uk...#

Warning...this is a very disturbing video. Beware.
I have seen some horrible clips on ats and this is up there. Not sure on T &C.

This is how many ignorant people perceive the middle east and muslims. But who can blame em right?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
The propagandists have kinda cornered themselves haven't they...In order to shift the blame for the rape and sexual assault epidemic to some Cultural Marxist Gender Boogey man, ....they have to admit they were lying about who they were letting in

Even if what you say is in anyway true, then the blame has to be solely directed at the governments of these countries... not the refugees, who are simply desperate and just looking for a better life.

All these sexual assault news stories are probably just a propaganda ploy to take the blame away from a failed policy by the governments of western & northern Europe... After all, us other western countries aren't suffering from this apparent sexual assault epidemic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join