It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amish Are Not What They Seem: A Business of Brutal Cruelty

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
In many cases these puppy mills are not run by the adult amish but are jobs for there kids.

Almost all amish kids end school at the 8th grade then start working on the farm or in trades.
amishamerica.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

You're not alone in that, brother.

The more I learn of the Amish, the less favorably inclined I become.

Puppy mills are the work of the devil, nothing less. Ironic, no?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is a current petition against said Amish Puppy Mill boss (and others in his profession) at this link.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There is nothing special about the Amish. They have the same capacity for hateful and evil behaviors as the rest of us. They can be just as loving and communal as the rest of us, and will reflect the tone, and the mood of the area and the times in which they live.
no it's not just the Amish,some people are just mean and spiteful to anyone and everyone around them sometime I'm not sure I belong to the same race because I can't stomach abuse of any kind.

I knew an old school farmer,really nice guy to talk to very proud family orientated man but old school in his ways he had farmed his whole life and always had a working dog by his side He treated this dog well,fed him well he had the run of the property.One day the dog didn't do as told(I believe he snapped at him) so the old guy went into his house got his gun and shot the dog, the next day he got a new dog.he viewed his animals as workers and nothing more when it stepped out of line he had no use for them in other words it was a useless eater.In the past they were not pets or companions,animals were viewed as workers.
what we would see as abuse was practical thinking in the old days it was a waste of resources everything/everyone counted when it came to food and shelter.If you couldn't contribute or if the animal couldn't work they were removed one way or the other.

sad but true they no more see dogs and other animals as pets like most of us it's just another mouth to feed.Puppy mills/pet shops are to me one of the most inhumane legal businesses out there I cannot even go to a zoo without feeling shame and heartbreak for the animals in cages.these barbaric businesses needs to be shut down they are a shameful disgrace to the human race.
edit on 14-1-2016 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2016 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is a heartbreaking thread...on a multitude of levels.

My parents breed, raise and train Border Collies....and all dogs are from pedigreed lines and with papers. Pups are limited to one breeder female every two years so the female maintains a healthy life outside of just being a mother. These are working dogs, and make wonderful companions for the right family. It has been longstanding that before allowing a pup to go to a new home that the new owner be vetted properly in understanding the nature of this working class of dog, and that they can't just be thrown in a house and ignored. I've seen my stepfather outright (yet politely) refuse to sell pups and working dogs to folks who think of the animals as little more than "sideline pets".

Puppy mills have always infuriated me.
As do irresponsible breeders.

The ability to forsake an animal for the sake of pure profit is abysmal.

Our dogs are members of the family - we work together and play together as a complete unit. How anyone can treat a dog as a novelty or "fashion accessory" is absolutely beyond my comprehension.

As I write this I am listening to the forlorn cries of a new puppy that has been locked up and abandoned for the day in a room in my neighbors apartment while they are at work. Why anyone would bring a dog into such a confined living space is beyond me....it's almost as if these people need toys with batteries as opposed to living, breathing, loving creatures.

It's unconscionable to think that in this day and age, we are still in the dark ages of humanity in so many respects.

I'm heartbroken.
Seriously heartbroken.

And those who to turn a blind eye to these types of puppy mills?
Even worse.

edit on 1/14/16 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar, formatting

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: slaughterhorseangel
a reply to: Flesh699

I think the question you are posing is important. Do we pick and choose what type of animal it is acceptable to abuse and slaughter? All animals have a God given right to a peaceful life and a humane death. The majority of our world is so brainwashed into believing that there should be a difference between domesticated and livestock animals. Throwing chicks into a grinder at a hatchery is the same as throwing a puppy into a grinder if you ask me. Wicked people doing wicked things to an innocent creature born into captivity. The puppy mills must be stopped just as all other types of 'legal' animal cruelty must be stopped. Domesticated or livestock, they all feel pain and suffer insurmountable mental anguish in captive situations with no relief.

I am just as disgusted with the Amish for taking their horses to 'slaughter sale' as I am by big corporations selling their ill gotten bloody flesh on the supermarket shelves.It isn't just the amish that own puppy mills and take their horses to slaughter, there is a large swath of people and corporations that are responsible for all the animal suffering.

Point blank, puppy mills aren't ethical or humane (there is no state or federal oversight into the treatment of the dogs) by any stretch of the imagination and they should be outlawed in every state.

It gets much worse. You can and will be deemed a terrorist (VIA Patriot Act) by filming livestock abuse. We can all thank Big AG lobbyists for the Animal Enterprise Act. Even a Leaflet will deem you a terrorist.

Lol but of course, the Amish are the evil ones....

Riiiiiiiight. Deny ignorance, ATS!
edit on 24-1-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

They don't count because the amish are not likely to get on a computer and call them on their lies.

Don't like puppy mills - don't buy a dog from one. The last thing in the world that we need is more laws holding us under the boot of the Government.

Since the amish do not have birth certificates or social security numbers most of the laws on record for the rest of us do not apply to them and they are educated enough to know it.

As for the horses, outright abuses are the outliers in the group.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699
Welcome to the new ATS.

You can demonize any group, race, creed, culture, or religion, sans one.

There seems to be a shift in the wind around these parts. Some say that is usually an indication that a storm is brewing.

In all the areas where I have had Amish and Mennonite neighbors, they were the least like!y group you would have problems with.

I wouldn't trade my Mennonite neighbors for all the tea in China. There should be a picture of them next to the word neighbor in the dictionary.

They don't have dogs but they have horses, and they treat them extremely well. I know because I see the horses often when they ride them for exercise, and I let them graze, if they choose on my property.

The Amish don't hold the title for being the evilest of all the groups. They come with the good, the bad, and the ugly, just like every other group. They just are safe to attack.

edit on 25-1-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Punctuation.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Wow I had no idea the Amish even had puppy mills. That's deplorable.

Any chance you could PM me any details on the protest near Rochester? I might be able to swing over that way Fri morning if it's still going on.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
New info today at www.kttc.com. Apparently several more permits to operate Amish puppy mills have been granted by the local government. They found a loophole in the laws and were issued permits without inspections even. Can government do anything right? I honestly don't think so. Be it local or federal, our government is full of useless, corrupt, bureaucratic oafs.

It's up to all of us to make this a big problem for them all.
edit on 10-2-2016 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I live in northern Indiana and deal with Amish on a regular basis.
They are usually very nice to people but will happily bend you over and take advantage of you.

You mean the Hasidim surely!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not only this, they will screw you in a second for a buck.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join