It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI's Clinton probe expands to public corruption track

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is from May, 2105, but something like this does not just go away:

www.cnn.com...

he Clinton Foundation confirmed Thursday that it received as much as $26.4 million in previously unreported payments from foreign governments and corporations for speeches given by the Clintons.

It's the latest in a string of admissions from the foundation that it didn't always abide by a 2008 ethics agreement to disclose its funding sources publicly. That agreement, penned as Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, is certain to continue the headache that the foundation's work and donors have become for Clinton as she makes another run at the White House.

Foreign governments also got money into the hands of the Clintons as "fees" for speeches.
(Old news, but relevant to this investigation as another source of corruption.)

Former President Clinton was the biggest earner for speeches, giving three that brought in anywhere from $500,000 to $1 million. Both he and his wife gave a smattering of speeches to foreign companies and other organizations for anywhere from $250,000 to $500,000.

Bill Clinton spoke to Thailand's Ministry of Energy, China Real Estate Development Group, Ltd, and Qatar First Investment Bank; Hillary Clinton spoke to Goldman Sachs, Citibank and JP Morgan Chase, among others.

According to foundation officials, the income -- at least $12 million and as much as more than twice that -- was not disclosed publicly because it was considered and tallied for tax purposes as revenue, rather than donations.

How many donations are hidden by manipulation?

In April, the head of a Canadian charity that donates to the foundation acknowledged that it didn't disclose any of the 1,100 largely foreign donors that ultimately contributed $2.35 million to the broader organization through the Canadian group.

And, since Canada is listed as one of the "current" countries permitted to continue donating while Hillary is President, it allows foreign governments to hide their donations by filtering through the Canadian group.

edit on 4/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It might be worth it if they also investigated the Clinton Presidential Center, which was established while Bill Clinton was still president.

I don't usually like Wikipedia as a source, but I'll put this here now, pending additional research later:

Clinton himself was prohibited by law from personally soliciting donations for the center, but he did host private events relating to the library. There were no other legal restrictions on donations, and the Clinton Foundation was able to accept unlimited private donations, all of which were tax deductible.[4] Approximately $10 million of contributions came from Saudi Arabia.[14] However, the Clinton Foundation declined to release a full donor list, similar to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library (although the foundation later agreed to disclose the top 150 donors to the House Government Reform Committee).[15] Donations exceeding $1 million were also given from various other foreign governments (such as Kuwait and Taiwan), as well as foreign individuals.

Why are foreign governments donating millions to a US Presidential Library?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
ABSCAM agents to FBI chief: Bureau's 'reputation' on the line in Clinton probe

Former FBI agents who worked the notorious 1970s sting operation known as ABSCAM have written FBI Director James Comey to warn that nothing less than the bureau's "reputation" is on the line as the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email practices enters a critical phase.

Word must be getting around. There's no question the FBI is under immense political pressure, especially when they're up against the President himself:

On "Fox News Sunday" last weekend, President Obama weighed in on the ongoing email investigation, saying his former secretary of state had not intentionally harmed national security, but had been "careless" with her emails. White House Spokesman Josh Earnest later confirmed the president was not briefed on the investigation by the FBI or Justice Department, and had based his statements on media reports.

Obama, meanwhile, repeatedly vowed there would be no political influence in the case.

Yes, of course. The President of the United States is publicly defending the subject of a criminal investigation, but that's not "political influence".

Please, spare us the flagrant hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa
Sanders should call Putin and ask him for all the intercepted classified information their version of NSA was able to collect. If not Putin I can just about guarantee Israel has the goods.. Game, Set, and Match for Bernie !

I bet even if the evidence is over whelming and she is found guilty on multiple accounts she will still be squealing her innocence during her fitting for the club fed prison garb. She is a despicable liar and manages to just about mess up anything she touches.. Yep I do not like her...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I love how Hilary is synonymous with all things corrupt and evil, yet, the front runner for the DNC.

Then you have this so called outsider running for the GOP.....

And nobody sees the manipulation here?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
While I would LOVE to see Hillary go to jail, the ONLY reason they won't drop a guilty charge is because THEY all know she has loads of dirt on tons of high level people pulling the strings. So if she goes down, she's probably told them, they will go with her....

Reminds me of a movie... lol...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

It is really cool of the old retired investigators to encourage the new generation of investigators to do the right thing and to continue to uphold the integrity of the FBI.

The investigators are certainly under tremendous pressure. The power of the PTB are probably beyond anything we can imagine.

The Clintons have gotten away with so much in the past that it is mind-boggling.

Reports show that there was plenty of evidence in the Whitewater investigations to convict, and yet why did they get away with it?

“These new Hillary Clinton prosecution memos are damning and dramatic,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “Hillary Clinton’s bank fraud, obstruction, lies, and other fraud began in Arkansas, continued in the White House and actually accelerated because the suicide of her friend Vincent Foster. The memos suggest that if she weren’t First Lady, she would have been successfully prosecuted in federal court. As we continue the court fight to get the actual draft indictment of Hillary Clinton we first uncovered in this investigation, Americans would do well to read these memos. If you want to understand the deplorable ethics and corruption at the Clinton State Department, these documents provide important background.”

Judicial Watch today released 246 pages of previously undisclosed Office of Independent Counsel (OIC) internal memos revealing extensive details about the investigation of Hillary Rodham Clinton for possible criminal charges involving her activities in the Whitewater/Castle Grande fraudulent land transaction scandal. The memos are “statements of the case” against Hillary Clinton and Webster Lee “Webb” Hubbell, Hillary Clinton’s former law partner and former Associate Attorney General in the Clinton Justice Department. Ultimately, the memos show that prosecutors declined to prosecute Clinton because of the difficulty of persuading a jury to convict a public figure as widely known as Clinton.

Giving even more power to someone like this is terrifying.

www.judicialwatch.org... se-against-hillary-clinton-in-whitewatercastle-grande-land-scandal/
edit on 4/16/16 by BlueAjah because: bolding

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I may rant and rave about Hillary Clinton a lot...

But honestly, I could probably count the times I mentioned Hillary Clinton in the last 10 years prior to the email scandal at a very low number.

Said it before and I will say it again...

All I really care about Hillary Clinton is her mishandling of classified information... anything else they nail her for is just icing on the cake.

All I really need to see is that recommendation for indictment to know that at least the system is still partially functional.

I am also a realist, and suspect that whatever they decide to charge her with, the classified stuff will be low on the totem pole if they feel they can convict on other charges that will net the same sentence.

Trials involving classified information are notoriously difficult due to the fact all the evidence is classified... that means everyone involved in those types of cases must possess the appropriate clearance just to even view the evidence.

The people under her on the other hand will most likely be thrown to the wolves on the classified information charges and will plea bargain out.

So in summary, although I want to see her fry over the classified information, that would mean a completely closed court and all we get to see is months and months of artists sketches and replays of testimony that isn't classified...I want to know as many juicy details as possible, so hopefully they pin her on enough unclassified stuff to convict as well.

Right now, I feel confident at 99.9% chance that Comey will at least recommend indictment. I also feel that this investigation is further along than most people realize and that the final result will be forth coming shortly. 2200+ classified information over a period of 4 years on her unclassified server should be more than enough for inference of intent.
edit on R222016-04-16T10:22:46-05:00k224Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R232016-04-16T10:23:06-05:00k234Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R292016-04-16T10:29:14-05:00k294Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join