It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economists savage Trump's economic agenda

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'll have to take it with a grain of salt. This is like a Thursday night WWE fill-in telling wrestling fans that Hulk Hogan is not a wrestling entertainment legend and doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to wrestling entertainment. Not to mention, somewhere around 65% of America's less educated people vote democratic. Plus Trump is an economic mastermind, which is far better than an expert, so that'll explain your last sentence.

Fine. I'm going to take everything you just said there with a grain of salt. Wow that's a fun way to dismiss people without actually putting any critical thought into what they are saying.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Krazysh0t

ou cannot find a single source or data saying that our economy is worse off today than in 2008

So you are saying that a growing economy also has a an outstanding growing debt of almost $19 trillion and growing? What is a healthy debt...tell me oh wise one.

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
greencmp

My point exactly...I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Sigh... I'm really tired of conservative posters cherry picking bad parts of the economy and using that as evidence that the economy is worse off than it was in 2008... It's getting tedious. Read this carefully buddy, better != perfect. ALSO better != best.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: greencmp

I'm really at a loss what you are trying to prove with that post. Even that article says that the economy has improved. You cannot find a single source or data saying that our economy is worse off today than in 2008. It's impossible, because the economy HAS improved since then; even if some measures haven't improved as much as we would like them to.

I do not think that our economy is better than it was in 2008.

I think our unemployment rate is too high.

I tried to support that opinion as best as could be done using sources that are ordinarily acceptable to Democrats.

If you don't want me to provide links and content, you should probably just ignore me or ask me to stop trying to help.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
greencmp

My point exactly...I rest my case.

The few economists who make money are Keynesians who work for the state as policy advisors/apologists.

edit on 11-1-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I'm really at a loss what you are trying to prove with that post. Even that article says that the economy has improved. You cannot find a single source or data saying that our economy is worse off today than in 2008. It's impossible, because the economy HAS improved since then; even if some measures haven't improved as much as we would like them to.

I do not think that our economy is better than it was in 2008.

I know you don't, but repeating it over and over again won't make it any more true than it was an hour ago.

I think our unemployment rate is too high.

I tried to support that opinion as best as could be done using sources that are ordinarily acceptable to Democrats.

If you don't want me to provide links and content, you should probably just ignore me or ask me to stop trying to help.

The problem is that we are comparing two points in time and deciding which is better. Unemployment in 2008 was MUCH higher than it is now. This is hard data that even your sources are admitting.

Saying that you think unemployment is too high now has no baring on if the economy is better now than it was in 2008. I never said that our economy cannot improve from its current point. The point is that it is DEFINITELY better than in 2008 as has been proven to you several times already by actual data and statistics comparing the two years in time. That is how you determine if something is better or worse than something else. Not look at half of the equation in a vacuum. That's how you end up confirming your biases.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'll have to take it with a grain of salt. This is like a Thursday night WWE fill-in telling wrestling fans that Hulk Hogan is not a wrestling entertainment legend and doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to wrestling entertainment. Not to mention, somewhere around 65% of America's less educated people vote democratic. Plus Trump is an economic mastermind, which is far better than an expert, so that'll explain your last sentence.

Fine. I'm going to take everything you just said there with a grain of salt. Wow that's a fun way to dismiss people without actually putting any critical thought into what they are saying.

No problem. I just see an economist expert vs Trump as Little League vs MLB. That's why I dismiss it. The Padawan can't teach the Jedi Master. (Yeah, I just went all kinds of nerd on you)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Krazysh0t

ou cannot find a single source or data saying that our economy is worse off today than in 2008

So you are saying that a growing economy also has a an outstanding growing debt of almost $19 trillion and growing? What is a healthy debt...tell me oh wise one.

www.usdebtclock.org...

There's really no need for an article to prove that either, it's just common sense. Not to mention the record number of people on food stamps and welfare.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What I think you are missing is that the unemployment rate shot up at the end of the year in 2008 during the collapse.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

No problem. I just see an economist expert vs Trump as Little League vs MLB. That's why I dismiss it. The Padawan can't teach the Jedi Master. (Yeah, I just went all kinds of nerd on you)

Of course. I wouldn't expect a Trump supporter to actually educate themselves on the opposite side of the debate's argument and instead just dismiss everything out of hand with some silly reasoning (and you didn't disappoint). I especially love the cult of personality you've assigned to Trump's business smarts. That's pretty humorous.

Though don't plan on me taking any of your posts seriously until you put forth an actual credible rebuttal to the points in the OP. I'm tired of getting in yelling matches with you that go nowhere. Enjoy being "right".

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Nope. I'm not missing that at all. That's why I keep calling back to that year. What YOU are missing is that you don't know how to do a proper comparison between two years.

PS: it's 2016. That graph ended 3 years ago. Get a more up-to-date graph.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Nope. I'm not missing that at all. That's why I keep calling back to that year. What YOU are missing is that you don't know how to do a proper comparison between two years.

PS: it's 2016. That graph ended 3 years ago. Get a more up-to-date graph.

It is data ending in 2013, we just ended 2015.

That is two years ago (not three) and the best that could be hoped for is 2014 data since 2015 only just ended.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Dem or Rep, doesn't matter because the bank cartel owns the oval office.

If you knew anything about Bernie Sanders, you would know this is one of his top priorities to fix.

Obama owns his role in the willful destruction of our Constitutional rights, signing into law the act allowing the government to ignore due process, to legally detain any citizen, at any time, for any length of time, if they decide to. And kill at will, any citizen, anywhere, for perceived "terrorist activities".

Are you ok with this ...?

You honestly think this hasn't already been happening? Sorry, but I spent a bunch of time on a Submarine and know what the government is willing to do whether it's against the law or not, hence classification. PIus, I don't have any plans for terrorist activities, so I'm not worried. Do you worry at night? I honestly think if your committing terrorist activities, you shouldn't have any rights at all.

By my assessment, the Bush family is rotten to their very core.

Completely agree, along with the rest of the politicians that's ever held office since I've been around.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

And the way he behaved on The Apprentice makes his being the president an almost horrifying thought to ponder.

The guy is an emotionally retarded idiot with nothing resembling the morals most people (naive people) in this country would expect from a supposed leader.

I have even met religious leaders, face to face, who are the same way.

Not even gonna go into the narcissistic behaviors displayed on those evangelist TV shows so many suck up out of sheer ignorance.

This country is in very deep trouble if that asshole gets elected.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Funny how my graph managed to go up to the end of 2015.

I'm also wondering where that red "underutilization" line came from. What data is that actually tracking? Looks like statistic manipulation to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Yea I used to hate that show and couldn't believe it got the ratings it did, but since it was just a tv show I figured "what the hell? It's not hurting anyone." So I just ignored it. NOW, his narcissism can actually affect me and THAT makes me pay attention.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I trust him right now on his idea for the economy. If he gets elected and effs us over then I'll eat crow. And I definitely won't vote for a second term. But I think it's crazy to think the economy is better now than it was in 2006. The Congress was all democrat in '07 & '08 so you can't blame anything on Bush from those two years, which is when we started to tank. And sadly nothing got better. Not anything that would help me out anyways. My paychecks are taxed more, produce (outside of unhealthy junk food) is higher, fuel was at an all time until recently, my healthcare costs more, the out of pocket is outrageous, the value of the dollar is crap. Welfare recipients are at an all time high, food stamp recipients are at an all time high.

So what exactly is better? I'm a middle class working American, so tell me what part of the economy is better, because the way I see it, unless you're dependent on government handouts and tax paying Americans paying your bills for you while you sit on your lazy ass or find a part-time job so you can still collect handouts, nothing has gotten better.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Not sure what red line you mean, maybe it's confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Let's see. Economic advice from a billionaire or economic advice from the people who were blind-sided by 2008.

Tough call.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join