It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No headphones for the iPhone 7?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
By a huge factor!

A typical BT connection operates at 3.3V/4-6mA /115200BAUD, -> 13.2mW
a typical earjack consumes 0.1mW-1mW.

Let alone the other BT-chip + modulator+headphones

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
By a huge factor!

A typical BT connection operates at 3.3V/4-6mA /115200BAUD, -> 13.2mW
a typical earjack consumes 0.1mW-1mW.

Let alone the other BT-chip + modulator+headphones

Thank you for the numbers.

Admittedly, I didn't know the quantitative difference in power consumption between the Bluetooth and wired headphones, but I did know the simple fact that my phone's battery charge drains noticeably faster when I use Bluetooth headphones as opposed to wired headphones (and when I use Bluetooth to connect to a car sound system rather than using an "aux" cable to connect to a car).

edit on 1/12/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: speeling

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
A small adapter will be available to plug incompatible headphones into the iPhone 7.
To save everyone who feels like crying because of innovation.

The Bluetooth headphone capability already exists in iPhones and in other phones. It isn't an innovation; it isn't a "new thing" that Apple is doing.

What Apple is doing is not adding a new feature, but taking away an existing feature -- i.e., they are taking away the ability for the phone to connect to a headphone, external speaker, or to a car sound system using the 3.5 mm jack.

Granted, I can see a day when the 3.5 mm jack is no longer used by any phone; it will go the way of the floppy disk in computers. However, there are currently too many issues that exist that need to be solved before Apple takes away the ability for the phone to connect via the 3.5 mm jack -- i.e., battery life issues, Bluetooth sound codec issues, and too many cars on the road that do not have Bluetooth or USB, and relay on that 3.5 mm jack to connect the phone to them.

Apple may be saving production costs by no longer including that 3.5 mm jack in their phones, but their money-saving measures will be a pain in the arse to consumers who still rely on the 3.5 mm jack, those who still prefer the sound quality of a wired connection v. Bluetooth, and those who find the battery drain by Bluetooth to be a problem.

edit on 1/12/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The Iphone6 has the 4.2 BT version, so in theory, there should not be any quality loss, except for a minor runtime related offset at the start of the transfer but in itself the quality won´t be an issue.

The battery however, will drain faster of course.
As a sidenote, I stay with my android, someone gave me a 4S to test years ago. Sure, it´s a nicer smoother feeling than the HTCs for example but for me, it´s not worth the price. Also, like many said already, I dislike the captive marketing strategy.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
For some reason, this annoys me.

I think this is the rumour stages only at the moment, but it appears that Apple are getting the nerf bat out on headphones and tying their product to Beats ear buds (wireless).

www.stuff.tv...

In my opinion, this is going to hurt third party manufacturers and, if it comes to fruition, my next mobile won't come from Apple. I suppose third parties will overcome the obstacle at some point but I, personally, find this an unfair move.

What do you think?

If this is true AND you hold apple stock - ........time to sell.

This will be the killer of the iphone and a great awakening of the Windows phone platform...(kidding of course)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: heymang

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels
People still buy Apple?

smart people to say the least

If they were smart they would not buy over priced crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join