It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984. It really is happening, isn't it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

Cultural/social shaping is a fool's errand. The human mind is not a common grotto. There are, right now... roughly, 8 billion human beings and each are as unique as their fingerprints... no two the same. None.

Perhaps it is a fools errand, perhaps not. Either way, its efficacy is proven and it will continue to be done regardless. My personal contention is that those who are sculpting are trapped in the same paradigm as anyone else.

I don't see how population is relevant to this point, would you mind expanding? The only similarity needed for such things is physiology.

To the contrary. The human race learns from experience. The problem is in what is lost over purposeful generation forgetfulness.

Example? Everything learned from those who fought WW2 is being today, cast aside.
Why? Because every generation wants to be the ruler of their lifetime and to accept what is taught of history, is... in their young minds, more than a bow of respect.

If our species had longer life spans then we'd be in a far different environment. But... it doesn't work that way when human existence must be passed so regularly.

The foolishness and folly of youth, owns us.

Since the change from hunter/gatherer to agricultural, I am not sure we have made any real progress as a species. Our tools have certainly advanced though.

Whether this is truly the responsibility of youth seems largely immaterial when approached in that context. Our issue seems to be placing more priority on everything else before actionable, effective solutions.

I'm also not sure that too many people realize the inherent power of language and its impact on perception and every day action.

When it comes down to it, my point was suggesting that the likelihood of humanity advancing, or changing at all (for better or worse) may be slim to none.. if not kickstarted from the "programmers" or those who employ similar techniques. Over the past 100 years or so, we have kind of dug that hole for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Perhaps it is a fools errand, perhaps not. Either way, its efficacy is proven and it will continue to be done regardless.

That is our biggest mistake

Addendum:
There's an old saying in ancient English that goes something like this:

My mother birthed
My father fed
My brother gathered
My sister wed

I too sated
I too gathered
I too mated
I too fathered

I am now they

The basic essence of humanity is not to serve, but... just to live as people

edit on 11-1-2016 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

Exactly how Beware calculates threat scores is something that its maker, Intrado, considers a trade secret, so it is unclear how much weight is given to a misdemeanor, felony or threatening comment on Facebook. However, the program flags issues and provides a report to the user.

But some in Fresno say the power and the sheer concentration of surveillance in the Real Time Crime Center is troubling. The concerns have been raised elsewhere as well — last year, Oakland city officials scaled back plans for such a center after residents protested, citing privacy concerns.

Rob Navarro, a Fresno civil rights lawyer, said he is particularly concerned about Beware. He said outsourcing decisions about the threat posed by an individual to software is a problem waiting to happen.

Navarro said the fact that only Intrado — not the police or the public — knows how Beware tallies its scores is disconcerting. He also worries that the system might mistakenly increase someone’s threat level by misinterpreting innocuous activity on social media, like criticizing the police, and trigger a heavier response by officers.

This is what bother me the most, I have been blogging for 12 years, on ATS, Facebook, and other social websites. I can't imagine the sweeping data they have on me. I spent years on ATS blogging in the 911 threads exposing the lies and government wrong doings and cover ups.

I am sure my color code will be red. I have no arrest records, I pay my taxes yet I am sure this system called Beware may have discriminated against me, because the government might find me a threat, for exposing their criminal activities.

I am just a concern citizen who wants to see some transparency in our government.

“It’s a very unrefined, gross technique,” Navarro said of Beware’s color-coded levels. “A police call is something that can be very dangerous for a citizen.”

I agree, if my neighbor becomes angry because my dog is barking and calls in a complaint, I can't imagine what they would do if they come to my house. Are they going to kick in my front doors and tackle me to the ground in my living room with boots on the side of my face?

Perhaps North Korea might be a better place to live after all? The United States that I was born and raised in, is long gone.
I do not recognize this country anymore, it is becoming totalitarian State.

The Fresno City Council called a hearing on Beware in November after constituents raised concerns. Once council member referred to a local media report saying that a woman’s threat level was elevated because she was tweeting about a card game titled “Rage,” which could be a keyword in Beware’s assessment of social media.

Councilman Clinton J. Olivier, a libertarian-leaning Republican, said Beware was like something out of a dystopian science fiction novel and asked Dyer a simple question: “Could you run my threat level now?”

Dyer agreed. The scan returned Olivier as a green, but his home came back as a yellow, possibly because of someone who previously lived at his address, a police official said.

“Even though it’s not me that’s the yellow guy, your officers are going to treat whoever comes out of that house in his boxer shorts as the yellow guy,” Olivier said. “That may not be fair to me.”

How many of you rent a house, what if the last guy that lived at your address was a known criminal? Would the police know if he had moved? If not, and let's say someone is angry at you for whatever reason decides to call the police on, can you imagine the hell you would have to go through? The emotional trauma one will have to go through?

He added later: “[Beware] has failed right here with a council member as the example.”

An Intrado representative responded to an interview request seeking more information about how Beware works by sending a short statement. It read in part: “Beware works to quickly provide [officers] with commercially available, public information that may be relevant to the situation and may give them a greater level of awareness.”

www.washingtonpost.com... baf4-bdf37355da0c_story.html

This new system called "beware" is subject to all kinds of abuse.

I don't like this one bit.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Don't worry they have another rating for government unrest level.
Prolly still green for crime. When shtf is when you worry

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Now with "The Cloud" and iPhones almost forcing you to upload your data, they REALLY have all your information.

edit on 11-1-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
From article on -

The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism

"... none of the superstates are a true threat to each other, as they all must exist in a state of permanent limited war to survive. By harnessing the hysteria of war and demand for self-sacrifice, each of the nations declare war not on each other but on their own populace, who are kept ignorant, on the brink of starvation, and overworked. Permanent limited war also allows for the Party to divert attention away from domestic concerns and their failures. Instead of promises of an "easy, safe life", Slater writes that Orwell believed that the populace requires heroic nationalism. Thus, war becomes a psychological tool to establish a kind of ironic "peace", a stasis where progress is impossible and nothing ever changes, except for the possibility of eventual global conquest. However, even though Inner Party members have devoted their lives to establishing Oceania as the universal world power, they use doublethink also in connection with the war, knowing that it is necessary for the conflict to go on indefinitely to keep the structure of Oceanic society intact."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

A reflection of the Bell Curve?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It sure is with "progressives" leading the charge.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Right, but both paths lead to the same place. They just take different routes getting there.

The end result is people are rendered 'bot-ish', they are ripe for control. People are no longer allowed, nor able, to think for themselves. The "individual" is no longer allowed to exist.

There is only the "collective"

This is in particular something, I think that can be bitten into. This is the true face of social programming.
I think it is the most easily palatable form of thought control that we have feed to us.
I think it would be apt to call this sort of thing, the "Tyranny of the Moderate."
As you rightly pointed out, everyone seems to be pushed into this "middle road" of thought and expression. Virtually every politician, claims
moderate, as their platform, and the people have been convinced that "Moderate" somehow makes them more "Reasonable". This is true, even when acting with what the population considers Moderation is not always the Reasonable action to take.

So in effect any options that should and rightly would be considered "reasonable" become fewer and fewer until there is only a single socially acceptable viewpoint that can be considered rational.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: humanityrising

It should therefore be mandatory for all politicians, police officers and indeed all public servants and government workers to have a threat score assessment undertaken and the results published to protect the interests of voters and taxpayers.

It could be an awesome tool to weed out the criminals currently holding positions of authority and power.

I wanted to say, I do enjoy the replies you put sometimes here on ATS. Good point.

Certainly if this flies here in the UK then I would happily push for that kind of switch around. However what a crazy world we are living in and even more insane where it will end up.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It'll only be a matter of time before this is applied to job applicants, welfare and benefit applicants people who want to join the armed forces, applications for firearms licences, background checks in court cases.

List is quite endless and depressing in equal measures.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So the idea of a Type 1 society as DR Michio Kaku has explained is impossible? Or simply unattainable at this point in human evolution?

Or do we evolve like the wild animals in nature, yet live within cohabitation in groups of like kind exclusively?

Is it possible for cultures to integrate?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

I think it is possible for cultures to integrate...partially. However, those cultures need to be mindful of their differences. This is not to be confused with complete homogeneous integration which, no, I do not believe is possible. There are too many long standing ingrained belief structures to overcome. Cultural differences have been the root cause of conflict between mankind for millions of years. To believe this can be easily resolved is utopian and unrealistic.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Its all real conspiracy has taken a truthful hold on what is reality. All conspiracies hold a little truth since they originated from reality. The nwo and the powers that be are already molding conspiracy into reality right before our eyes its the sleeping masses that need to look up from their phones for once and start thinking independently and wake the # up. Its incredible what most people are unaware of silently being stripped of their rights but the football games on come on! Its pretty much just a big psy op mind# and we need to wake up and do some research and think for ourselves. God is the only thing that's going to save you and take you through it because unless a miracle happens and I do believe in miracles they happen everyday, the agenda will inevitably be fulfilled. Which I believe it will. Everything so far that has been prophesied and told to us in the bible is being fulfilled now. Most wont do the research or just don't care or are too brainwashed and programmed to even realize whats going on. So basically were not without hope so take courage and heart because no matter how #ed you think it is Gods got this!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join