It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handguns are illegal in Germany, but this is how some people celebrated NewYear in Berlin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 8675309jenny
Guns are illegal in Germany? Really? What are these guys selling, I wonder.
www.google.com...

They sell AIRSOFTS and ammunition for hunting. I thought from the context of my post and the videos of handguns it would be obvious I was referring to HANDGUNS being banned in Germany. You can't even legally have an airsoft or a taser in any public place in Germany.

Self-defense & home-defense are considered invalid reasons to apply for a firearms permit, and you have to meet the following criteria:

A number of criteria must be met before a firearms ownership license is issued:

age of majority (18 years) (§ 4 WaffG)
trustworthiness (§ 5 WaffG)
personal adequacy (§ 6 WaffG)
expert knowledge (§ 7 WaffG) and
necessity (§ 8 WaffG)

Why is it wronger for immigrants (if they are indeed, immigrants) to fire blanks than it is for locals?

It's not, and my second post in this thread mentioned an update on the nature of the events, but regardless the Turks who do this clearly haven't really assimilated, and seem to enjoy terrorizing Berliners even after being in the countries for years.

Further more it's an illegal act regardless.

GERMAN GUN LAWS

Small firearms carry permit:
A small firearms carry permit (Kleiner Waffenschein) was introduced in 2002. It can be obtained without having to demonstrate expert knowledge, necessity or a mandatory insurance. The only requirements are that the applicant be of legal age, trustworthy and personally adequate. It entitles the licensee to publicly carry gas pistols (both of the blank and irritant kind) and flare guns. These types of firearms are freely available to adults; only the actual carrying on public property requires the permit. Similar to the full permit, carrying at public events is prohibited.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What do guns have to do with this?

They were fake guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Current german gun laws.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Weapons Act of 2002 increased the age requirements for licensed hunters and competition shooters. It also introduced the requirement of a psychological evaluation for persons under the age of 25 to fulfill the requirement of personal adequacy for large-bore firearms.

The first amendment became effective on April 1, 2008. The intention of that amendment was to ban certain kinds of weapons like airsoft-guns, tasers, so-called Anscheinswaffen (dummy-guns) and knives with blades longer than 12 cm from public places. They may still be carried in sealed wrappings and for professional or ceremonial purposes. Their use on private premises and in non-public places like gun clubs is not restricted.

The second amendment became effective on July 17, 2009. It introduced routine verifications of safe firearms storage by local firearms control offices at the homes of licensees. It also tightened the conditions for continuous necessity. A constitutional complaint (Verfassungsbeschwerde) was launched against the law, alleging a violation of the inviolability of the home, guaranteed by Art. 13 of the German constitution.[10]

The weapons law does not apply to military use of weapons within the Bundeswehr or to the police. The identity card of German troops and police officers contains a term allowing them to carry weapons. Nonetheless – within the military – issuance of guns and especially ammunition is very strictly controlled.

In Germany, the possession of any firearm with a muzzle energy exceeding 7.5 Joule (~5.5 ft·lbf; for comparison, a .22LR cartridge has a muzzle energy of 159 J) requires a valid firearms ownership license for any particular weapon. The current Federal Weapons Act adopts a two-tiered approach to firearms licensing.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It's not, and my second post in this thread mentioned an update on the nature of the events, but regardless the Turks who do this clearly haven't really assimilated, and seem to enjoy terrorizing Berliners even after being in the countries for years.
They are Berliners. But what makes you think that only Turks engage in this activity?

But for Berlin, the number is estimated at over one million alarm guns. Just know that no, because they are freely available for everyone from 18 and will not be registered as sharp firearms. Thus, the confusion begins. For over 18 hot far that also may carry each from 18 out with him, explains Müller. The law governs exactly - but theory and practice gape as so often extremely apart. After all, who is 18 and buys a SRS-weapon, which they may actually have only once are just at home.

m.tagesspiegel.de...

Further more it's an illegal act regardless.
Yes.
So is this:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

First video : Military stuff.

Second are rednecks. (Own country, good reason).

Nothing to do with this at all. And you know that.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I live part time in Berlin. Fireworks are a big tradition on New Years Eve and the city really lets loose as quite big ones are completely legal. It's quite terrifying to people seeing it the first time.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Nothing to do with this at all. And you know that.

This is what you said:

It doesn't matter. The urge to shoot a gun to celebrate something reflects a mental/psychological issue. People from an earlier stage of evolution.

Why does it have nothing to do with that? You want Americans shooting guns on New Year's eve? Ok.
www.lapdonline.org...

At least the guys in Berlin aren't using bullets.
edit on 1/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Nice attempt at demonising all refugees btw...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You can't group all refugees into this category no matter how much of a bigot you are.

It is funny how many in the Middle East love to shoot guns in the air in celebration and it is extremely common, its like they do not know the bullets come back down...lol

If the following research is true, they might not actually realize...

www.questia.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yes. So is this:

So what is your whole point there Phage? That one unrelated wrong rights a much more threatening wrong existing in a very different context?

You know a context of muslim extremism, sexual assaults, robbery, and rape.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Damn internet connection is acting up.

edit on 10-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears
Nice source you have there:

If Arab intelligence is less now than before the Muslim Empire spread out of the Arabian Peninsula, a plausible explanation is cohabitation of Arabs and Blacks.

donalditempler.com...

I guess he had access to IQ test scores from way back.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Not guns you even see the one in the video

www.me-sportwaffen.de...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am nearly 50 so I am aware there has been gun crime in Manchester for years. However there are presently (just this week )armed patrols due to past few months there havr been ongoing problems.

I am from the Hacienda days so know only too well problems from years ago. I used to go to Moss Side and Hulme to visit friends durin 80s and 90s.

I remember the days of the Quality Street Gang so know gun culture is nothing new. My reply was in relation to the comment saying guns were illegal, I was just making the point criminals manage to acquire then pretty easily.

a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan

So what is your whole point there Phage? That one unrelated wrong rights a much more threatening wrong existing in a very different context?

My point is that the "outrage" over people firing blanks on New Year's Eve being illegal is a manufactured outrage.

Right. And it is only Muslims who were firing blanks on New Year's Eve.

So, these people firing blanks were Muslim extremists, sexual predators, robbers, and rapists?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Nice source you have there:

If Arab intelligence is less now than before the Muslim Empire spread out of the Arabian Peninsula, a plausible explanation is cohabitation of Arabs and Blacks.

donalditempler.com...

I guess he had access to IQ test scores from way back.

probably hypothesizing, based on ideas like those of the controversial bell curve book, he doesn't state this as fact as he gives other possible alternatives, like just as he also suggests those previous achievements might've been exaggerations and not real.

There is research showing religiosity negatively correlated with intelligence. Something like the nonsense of Islam, can only spread to the extent to which the intellect is limited. Locations where large if not the majority embraced it, likely share in their lack of intellect.
edit on 10-1-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Ah ok.
Stockport in the early 90s illegal gun capital of the uk at the time.
Once got given a list if guns I could buy in a pub.
Funny it was the rifleman arms lol.
Ah the quality St gang my uncle mark ran with them til he did an armed robbery.
Caught him cos his leg fell off lol.

edit on 10-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Something like the nonsense of Islam, can only spread to the extent to which the intellect is limited. Locations were large if not the majority embraced it, like share in their lack of intellect.

You are off topic (so I won't continue this). As well as being wrong.
bama.ua.edu...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Wasnt the Bamboo Club in Stockport? Heard a few stories about there and Bedready Hall lola reply to: boymonkey74

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join