It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About Four-Letter Words in Videos...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
We have rules against posting excessive violence and strong language in videos here yet I've seen exceptions, some very old and have obviously had time to be moderated.

I understand that we make exceptions based on how vital the video is (like world news items, etc) however, I'm wondering about our gaming forum. Since they are games, are we a bit more lenient with these rules? I have video I have been working on in the Rockstar editor and I wanted to see what the ATS GTA players thought about the first half.

It's about an abduction survivor of the Altruist cult camp who ends up being chased by a crooked cop and will end with her (and a mysterious friend) assaulting the camp. Classic tale of vengeance and retribution.

It has swearing. It has violence. It sort of has some nudity but nothing sexual (incidental brief nudity nobody will even catch in one scene). It is all done in the GTA5 engine on their editor (PS4) so it's nothing any gamer hasn't seen.

Would I get moderated for this? If not, what would I have to do to make it like all of the gnarly game trailers I've seen in the gaming forums with similar content?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think you'll be fine. Just post a disclaimer alongside the video letting people know it contains strong language.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Abysha

I would just post up the link to the video and let the ATS viewer look at it at their own discretion. This will at least allow you to follow T&C to the minimum as I have seen other members follow this route.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Asked one of the owners about a weak ago. Same question.
Well you can check it out here. 1st page.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Asked one of the owners about a weak ago. Same question.
Well you can check it out here. 1st page.

Awesome, the led me to this post: User-Initiated Action

I wish I could star all of you on board question threads. My questions were anwsered, thank you all!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was going to tell you about that but somebody beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I was going to tell you about that but somebody beat me to it.

Better late than never! I posted it already, though: Altruist Vengeance: Part One - The Escape

new topics

top topics

join