It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As above so below - A link between psychology and astrophysics?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A while ago i stumbled over a certian distribution of two seemingly non-related scientific findings:

Although the distribution of the properties do not match exactly, i was astonished how close they are. I asked myself if it could be that there is any relation between this synchronicities. The following thoughts are speculative but i can´t get rid of the notion that there is a powerful meaning behind this.

Dark Energy and Unconscious Thinking:

Both we aren´t aware of directly but they are elementary for the universe/our mind.

Dark Matter and Physiologic brain functions:

The machinery who makes the universe/mind working?

Atoms and conscious thinking:

The outcome of the preceding high percentage of properties?

My thoughts on this are incomplete, so i ask you to please contribute on this topic.

PS: I´m no native english speaker, so i hope the text is understandable.

Sources:

The percentage varies a bit from source to source, they are not sure yet i think.

en.wikipedia.org...

The exact distrubition is not sure yet, as well. But all researchers think that the unconsicous mind is huge.

www.bozemanskinclinic.com...
edit on 10-1-2016 by MeanMinistry because: sources added

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MeanMinistry

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Dark Energy and Unconscious Thinking:

Maybe dark energy is where all the akashic records sit... I'm not being goofy either. Just thoughts.

leolady

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I'd be very curious as to potential correlations drawn here.

The numbers are very intriguing...but...they are merely numbers. They suggest, but do not at all come close to proving anything.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I didn;t catch a link… Did you make that chart picture or was it presented with similar form and colors as we see it by someone else?

Proportionally, many things add up similarly.

How many people vote (dark majority), defense spending (dark money), Hillarys server, (dark emails)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Interesting ideas and thank you for sharing. I am a fan of exploring the esoteric scientifically, but can you post links to those two studies or where you got those graphs?

A surprising new paper argues that consciousness is just a bit player in the human brain
Link to Time article

You may be surprised to learn that some neuroscientists, such as Michael Gazzaniga, estimate that as much as 98 percent or more of all brain activity is completely unconscious.
Link to beinghuman.org article

Both articles seem to focus on the idea that our brain operates mostly unconsciously, that is humans are not aware of the brain and the majority of its activities. Which, as you point out in the OP, could be a mirroring effect of the way the universe as a whole organizes itself and operates.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For a moment i thought the initial pie chart was the "As Above, So Below" Pyramid itself.

By making the dark energy, a blue sky, the dark matter is shown as orange and the atoms as dark orange it really does look like one half of the Thoth As Above so Below double pyramid.

Just a observation.
edit on 10-1-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I make the chart picture based on scientific findings as seen in the internet. I did this for better quality and comparison.

The link i catch is:

Dark energy vs. unconscious thinking: both the major parts of universe and mind. we don´t see them but they are there.

Atoms vs. conscious thinking: both things that at first is all that is and all we know consciously.

Thats a certain similarity i find.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

"Brain properties" are quite different than what is stated here. Properties of the brain would be its physical makeup. It has no other properties. This sounds more like some arbitrary "mind properties", which in a quick analysis, turn out to be made up. The universe is quite different than a brain.

Ps Your English is just fine.
edit on 10-1-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I share nullafide's sentiment - it is certainly an interesting comparison; it could be something, but you'd need to break it down further and demonstrate causation, which, with this scenario might be impossible to test (at least in our era)

As the legal professionals say, "Correlation does not equal causation"

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Okay, my point was similar proportions exist throughout…

Composition of Atmosphere

proportion of vetebrates

The many, the few and the one aside for a moment, most proportions have a most, some and the rest similarity.

What that means I don't know. Just not seeing your choice of similar proportions as more significant than all the others.

As far as above so below, (imo) I thought that meant the way things work in the Universe is the same way they work here. That is born out in Physics and seen with the aided eye. Spirals of Galaxies, Hurricanes, Sunflowers and Snails for instance. The infamous pic of the threads of the Universe and a brian cell, that kind of thing.

As above so below. As in "the Heavens" (the Universe) so below (on Earth).

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yeah... well, tough to correlate with anything as any two things with similar proportions can be seen to relate... but I like the thought process and recognize the newness of the thoughts and so applaud it! Good job...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The universe is fractal in nature, mirroring itself from the smallest to the largest, so I do not find this surprising at all personally. We are a microcosm of the macrocosm so it is only logical we would mirror the bigger picture in at least one way.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Melanin is organic dark matter. Its in our eyes, its in our pineal gland, brainstem, etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Melanin is organic dark matter. Its in our eyes, its in our pineal gland, brainstem, etc.

Melanin is a pigment which gives hair and skin its color.

You mean melatonin? Melatonin is a hormone.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: cooperton

Melanin is a pigment which gives hair and skin its color.

You mean melatonin? Melatonin is a hormone.

I meant Melanin, not melatonin. it curiously is inside our nervous system in the locus coeruleus, nigra striatum, and even in the Pineal Gland.

Where there is melanin there intuitively must be light for it to be receiving... yin and yang sort of thing... which is interesting as to why this is present internally, completely isolated from external light. The inner light, perhaps.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Hermetic principle "As above, so below" is still often misunderstood to mean that the physical universe is analogous to the Earth. This anthropomorphic conceit is false. What it actually means is that the spiritual cosmos ("above") is analogous to the physical universe ("below"). This metaphysical principle has recently been given for the first time a precise, mathematical implementation, with the spectacular result that the group mathematics of SO(32) and E8xE8 heterotic superstrings can now be deduced from the map of all levels of reality that this ancient principle implies. For details, see here and here and the sections in that website on superstring theory and its mathematical embodiment by certain sacred geometries.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
The Hermetic principle "As above, so below" is still often misunderstood to mean that the physical universe is analogous to the Earth. This anthropomorphic conceit is false.

Maybe our "Solar System" is the higher working of our Soul's system. Ancient mystics, as you say, believed so:

Zodiac Man

Attributing the various zodiac constellations to body parts is consistent; Pisces is always feet, Leo is always heart, etc. Google zodiac man and you'll see they are all consistent. In terms of cracking the code, and understanding these implications, I have failed outright, so maybe it is a coincidental misnomer? Or maybe the ancients had a deeper connection to nature that allowed such intuitive knowledge to pulse through their being.
edit on 10-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The basics of astrophysics is 3 substance
Hwo con not identify each ather.

The phisical ,from partical ,waves, to galaxys.

The dark matter and dark energy that phisics
Cant masure.

The void, nothingnees .

In plant earth organic sistems are made up
Of this 3 substans so there is a conaction
Betwean organic (humans are organic)
And astrophisic universe.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I too have thought along those lines, dark matter and dark energy are basically all the unconscious thoughts which have yet to manifest into matter in this reality !

All is the All , the universe is mental !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join