It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you play the lottery? what is your method?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
When I buy a ticket it's a loser....someone has to do it!!
ROFL!!

Just a little reminder for everyone. Be NICE to the person working Lottery. They get slammed with the "crazy" all day long. Currently with the jackpot this high it's mayhem, and the "snark" they get inflicted with is stunning. For what those clerks are paid an hour if you were on the receiving end, you'd walk clean off the damn job.

"Because Nice Matters"

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
So, since the powerball numbers the machine gives you are random, it doesn't matter where you buy the ticket, right?

So why do gas stations advertise how many winners they've had at their location?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
So, since the powerball numbers the machine gives you are random, it doesn't matter where you buy the ticket, right?

So why do gas stations advertise how many winners they've had at their location?

1.) According to a family friend that runs a gas station and has sold several winning tickets, they get a commission from wins. They can boast about it all they want!

2.) Draws in superstitious people hoping lightning -- I mean winning numbers -- strikes twice. And some places do get that lucky and sell multiple winning tickets, so hey, why not.
edit on 1/10/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You don't need 900million you can live exceptionally comfortably for the rest of your life on considerably less than that. So if you have a syndicate of say 100 people you will have increased your chances of retiring as a multi millionaire by a factor of 100 which is a much better way of doing it.

However, some people can't see past the greed and sense flies out of the window.

edit on 10/1/2016 by yorkshirelad because: spelling

edit on 10/1/2016 by yorkshirelad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT

Because the vast majority of people are clueless about statistics and probability and believe in mythical influences.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I buy online and let the machine pick up the numbers. That gives maximisal chances for chance. And I hope my karma cannot interfere.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
i got 1 number on this ticket.
1.3 bill for wednesday. i think i am going to start playing 3 times for each drawing each week.
i can afford $12 for the 'chance'

i would probably have a heart attack if i won.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I guess we might as well load 'em up and let 'em ride again.

You definitely can't win if you don't play.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

There is that.

But you have to trust the people you go in with because of the idea that common sense and greed fly out the window too.

Where my husband works, one whole department is pooling together. If they happen to win, thinks will suddenly go FUBAR when they all quit. But they also have a written agreement and trust each other.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
According to a news report I heard yesterday, there's a better chance to let the computer pick for you. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My system is easy.

I buy my numbers. Then show everybody.

Then everybody buys their numbers avoiding my numbers.

It works for everyone else.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I never choose my own numbers. Too worried I'd miss the pickup once and it would hit that time. So i quick pick it, and generally don't bother unless it's about $150M+. I buy one ticket plus one in the work group. No way I'm getting stuck at that dump covering 10 sales territories.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i got 1 number on this ticket.
1.3 bill for wednesday. i think i am going to start playing 3 times for each drawing each week.
i can afford $12 for the 'chance'

i would probably have a heart attack if i won.

The "funny" thing about the heart attack potential, my first thoughts on how we would tell my parents is that I would hand them each some chewable aspirin, say "start chewing" and then tell them.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I play the sacred Masonic numbers. A lot of Masons have won the powerball lottery as well as the Irish Sweepstakes....coincidence?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join