It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the crap hit the fan, would YOU help others or only YOURSELF/family?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

LOL, yo should get a golden globe yourself. Poison in the breakfast every morning that requires an antidote. See, now you are thinking like a survivor.

Also, one cannot go under the assumption anyone is thinking rationally. For all you know it could be a gent that just recently discovered the joys of cannibalism the day prior. The eggs and veggies are just a plus after the fact. Maybe he just enjoy painting with blood, and these events have given him the opportunity for a masterpiece.

Remember, the world becomes a free for all. Many and most will abandon rational thought after only a few days, especially if they are building and maintaining a pattern of abhorrent behavior for entertainment due to a lack of institutional accountability.

One may discover after repeat close calls that benefit of the doubt best be left to the past in this brave new world.

Imagine your crackhead of today, would not give a rats ass how anything works or the sustainability of structure and discipline. The only thing that matters to him is that FIX right in the here and now. Now multiply that by 50 million or more who no longer have institutions to bring accountability.

Play it safe, venture out with cation, and maintain that perimeter with absolute prejudice.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What is shtf processes were test of spirit with karma set in motion by tptb?
And the responses are based on say next lives input data.
So Eternal spirits are studied in their perceived temporary based forms under stress to see how they would act in an even more aggressive stressful situation.

Said souls who participate more benevolent are ASCENDED into new realms of Existence.
Others who acted selfishly, require new lives tryouts here or somewhere like here possible in new bodies, just a thought?

Collective affected...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

LOL, yo should get a golden globe yourself. Poison in the breakfast every morning that requires an antidote. See, now you are thinking like a survivor.

Thanks, but this isn't even a joke, but just one of many tactics I've devised in the years I've been thinking (and then starting) this whole prep business.

I know exactly what poison and antidote I'd use, and the plants we use to do so. (for this particular tactic). It takes a few days to kick in (so even those smart enough to use a tester will fail), and a few more days to eventually die (and painfully, at that, I might add).

There are a lot of other tactics, some overt, some covert, that we'd employ in a post SHTF world, to keep us safe, and since we've had years to think of these, and implement them, chances are, we're going to be a few steps ahead of any potential threat. Enough room for us to at least give a stranger a chance, though not carte blanche in the ranch. And we aren't going to advertise it, so one would only find out just how devious we can be....when they decide to cross us.

(as another example, even if they choose banishment...the antidote I give them is really just going to be more of the poison, so that if they do try to make it back to the ranch for revenge, they''ll be dead before they get back). Once you try and endanger me and mine, post SHTF, your life will be forfeit, simple as that.) Again...always trying to stay a few steps ahead of the bad guy.....
edit on 13-1-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shinethelight

I gotta stop listening to the news on tv, never hear about mankind doing selfless deeds.

This thread has also drawn me out of lurker phase.

I once again have given up on ATS. It is not even a shadow of what it used to be.

Thread after thread shows you the obvious attempts to manipulate our minds. ATS is the poster child for the Alex Jones' signature "There Is A War On For Your Mind."

The trolls, the paid usurpers, and the bots, used to be well hidden, and cleverly dispersed. Not anymore. We have lost their respect. We are no longer even worth the effort of covertness. I used to try to ignore them, and just posted for the lurkers, but they are legion, and it is too exhausting, for an old fart like me.

The best thing you can do for yourself and your family, is to get away for the lies and the conditioning, of the spider's web. You will find yourself stuck, injected with poison and toxins, slowly sucked dry of all commonsense and humanity, until you are just a useless dried up husk, cluttering the landscape.

The world you see here is not the real world that you live in. You can't live your life in a real world, while your mind is trapped in a false, virtual, programmed, and controlled one.

You can't judge people on what you see or read on the internet. You want to know what the people are like in the area where you reside? Go see for yourself. Get to know your neighbors, your co-workers, your landscape, and the people you call your friends. Make strong bonds and connections with your family and your community. Make yourself the person that other people respect and care about. Make relationships where you care about life and others as much as yourself.

You can't ever really prepare for the unknown. Randomness and fate are factors that can destroy the best laid plans. Your best bet for survival is making through today. No matter how much you horde, if you live long enough, with no reinforcements, and no new supplies, your stores will run out.

No matter how you look at it, the only guarantee we have in life is that we will one day die. I choose to make each day before that moment the one I want to remember for eternity.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Thats sounds like a lot of effort and use of resources when you can just eliminate the threat with a bullet dont you think??

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What part of defend the country can anyone who's taken orders deny ,even under the pressure of a break down of society?
No police or govt?
I guess the civilian types would do what ever the hell vets told them so long as it was for the good of the city.
Supply types would tell them how to create logistics protected by those who know how.
Oh we would have some trouble makers who only want take but their resolve would suck so they would be easy pickings for us.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Your best bet for survival is making through today. No matter how much you horde, if you live long enough, with no reinforcements, and no new supplies, your stores will run out.

My strategy isn't based on hoarding. It's based on sustainability. Mankind lived just fine for thousands of years before the first supermarket or electric light. We have a well for water, septic for sewage, chickens that provide eggs daily, rabbits that we can breed for meat, horses we can use for transport, and eventually we'll have gardens for veggies, and fruit trees on the property. Though we'll hoard some too, it isn't about that. Not to mention, I have birds, frogs, and snakes available all the time. (as well as wild rabbits, wild pigs, and of course, can go fishing).

No matter how you look at it, the only guarantee we have in life is that we will one day die. I choose to make each day before that moment the one I want to remember for eternity.

No prepper believes success is guaranteed. It isn't about that. It's about trying to put yourself in the best position possible. No matter what happens. I do agree though, that it shouldn't be too all encompassing. You have to enjoy life too, otherwise, why be here? We work hard, and play hard too. In fact, some of my projects are just about fun too, like the ManCave I'm working on...so you know. Have to have fun too.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Not like the poison would be used for anything else. The daily treatment is just an insurance policy. We'd rather have the person as a trusted friend, who pulls their own weight, etc. (and this would just be during a trial period, or if reason to be suspicious. )

A bullet just may be quicker though....it would really depend on the situation.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hint on the poison and antidote: Smurf home with a cow outside.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
A few thousand years ago my ancestors turned left not right, in consequence I grew up in a wealthy white family instead of a poor middle Eastern one. As head of my family I have been making sacrifices and struggling to prep, if other families don't despite being privy to all the same information and, often, more resources than I have, I think it is fair that my family reap the benefits of the work we did. Thier kids got to wear Nike and other name brand shoes, ours didnt. Their kids got to eat at McDonalds once a month, ours didn't. It would be improper for them to ask and it would be wrong for me to give our work to them. They made their choice, we made ours, I am sorry if they are in difficulties, but that's just the way life is.
edit on 16/1/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join