It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Gun Control speech??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You said:

They are both not ready for the market....

If you feel they're unreliable because the battery has to be charged, or because anyone can wear the bracelet, then don't buy one. But the fact is that they are already on the market.

California Approves the Sale of Smart Guns

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: windword

They are both not ready for the market, particularly the iP1 which can still be used if someone has the bracelet. None of this has to do with New Jersey law.

Basically, the Childproof Handgun Law of 2002 says that once "personalized handguns are available" anywhere in the country,... "all"... handguns sold in New Jersey must be smart guns within 30 months.
The way I understand it....
If there's just one available for sale anywhere in the United States, then that triggers the handgun ban.
So who would want to sell a smart gun knowing that, by doing so, they'd be imposing a handgun ban on New Jersey?

A few gun retailers have tried. Recently, one shop in California and another in Maryland announced they would stock the Armatix iP1, a German-made gun that only fires if the owner is wearing a special watch.

Armament and the California store were flooded with angry calls and messages from people who consider the New Jersey law an infringement of the Second Amendment's right to bear arms.
they received multiple death threats. Both stores quickly backed down on their plans to sell the Armatix gun.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword like I said I wouldn't mind having one in my collection, as long as the government stays out of my business.
I want one with a scope and laser sight fully auto & extra battery's

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Yes, that's exactly how I see it too. I think that the New Jersey law blows and should be repealed. Maybe Chris Christie could get on that?????

At any rate, I don't think the law is constitutional and I think it would not stand up if challenged in federal court.

Smart guns don't take away 2nd amendment rights, bad laws do. That's my opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windwordsmart guns are no different than smart phones, they are a luxury..
like always our leaders have to find away of telling us how to play fare and what toys are bad.
If they try to control the game im playing, then im out.
Ill wate and see what happens next.

edit on 10-1-2016 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

That is incorrect, it is when the first one is approved for sale in New Jersey.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
If you feel they're unreliable because the battery has to be charged, or because anyone can wear the bracelet, then don't buy one. But the fact is that they are already on the market.

Try and buy one, there are none available for sale.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That is incorrect, it is when the first one is approved for sale in New Jersey.

David Kopel, a policy analyst at the Cato Institute says "If there's just one available for sale anywhere in the United States, then that triggers the handgun ban.
So who would want to sell a smart gun knowing that, by doing so, they'd be imposing a handgun ban on New Jersey?"

Weinberg says. "If I'm willing to say, well, maybe we made a mistake here; we need to remove this — then I would expect that those who think we made a mistake will join in to say, hey, you're right, and now let's see the marketplace move ahead."

Weinberg is offering to repeal New Jersey's smart gun mandate if the National Rifle Association will publicly agree not to stand in the way of the technology.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The man suspected of ambushing a Philadelphia police officer in his patrol car used a stolen police firearm and acted
“in the name of Islam” that's how the report went...

Where are you at Mr. president? No more tears.....?

If this suspect running around with a "stolen" police gun would have got away with his suspected shooting no telling how many cops he would have shot and Obama would have had his glory speech in the name of Gun control.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The man suspected of ambushing a Philadelphia police officer in his patrol car used a stolen police firearm and acted
“in the name of Islam” that's how the report went...

Where are you at Mr. president? No more tears.....?

If this suspect running around with a "stolen" police gun would have got away with his suspected shooting no telling how many cops he would have shot and Obama would have had his glory speech in the name of Gun control.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusano matter how much gun control Obama puts out there none of it could have prevented this attack with a ...."Gun" not every body's gun just one stolen gun

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Weinberg is offering to repeal New Jersey's smart gun mandate if the National Rifle Association will publicly agree not to stand in the way of the technology.

It still only affects New Jersey residents.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If you feel the need to throw some fire around, you are legally allowed to purchase a flamethrower under federal law, and 40 states have no laws against owning the weapon.
Though it’s restricted in some states, such as California...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He's butthurt because we didn't take him seriously.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

We don't trust them to NOT remote trigger it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We don't trust them to NOT remote trigger it.
it would make a good conversation piece any time are leaders want to put there tariff on something forget it.....
ill just wate, buy it under the table don't register it

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well, I suppose there's that. But, wouldn't they have to have a remote camera and some mechanism to position and aim it, too?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No,the sweepers corner you, EMP it ,and you die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join