It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Gun Control speech??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The man suspected of ambushing a Philadelphia police officer in his patrol car used a stolen police firearm and acted
“in the name of Islam” that's how the report went...

Where are you at Mr. president? No more tears.....?

If this suspect running around with a "stolen" police gun would have got away with his suspected shooting no telling how many cops he would have shot and Obama would have had his glory speech in the name of Gun control.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

If politicians didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards.

Elected officials only bring to light events that further their political agendas. Both sides choose the news that fits their views. Hey that kinda rhymes.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22First problem I see in our messed up laws, this dumb a$$ with a gun shooting it to kill is only a ..."suspect"
"Suspected of ambushing" why maybe because he's the only one with a gun shooting at the officer!!!
The shooter traveled to Saudi Arabia for the Hajj.
He was dressed in Muslim clothing.
He shouted Allah Akbar during the attack.
He admitted to police after the shooting that he did it in the name of Islam and is an ISIS supporter.

What possible reason is there for the mayor of Philadelphia to come out and make a statement that the attack had nothing to do with Islam and that they would not be investigating it as such?

There is something very, very wrong here. I find it extremely troubling.

I have just one thought in my coffee induced mind this morning.. what if he would have got away with it maybe 6or 7 cops shot over a evening maybe thru out a whole week of random cop killing would we be having another Obama Day?
"And" what if the Cop didn't have a Gun just a night stick>>> let this be a lessen to all of the ISIS out there planning some stupid move in the name of Gun Control or ALLA ....don't go after someone with a Gun

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You mean Obamas command performance speech, shedding Crocodile tears. How does he top that, fall to the ground wailing?

They've pumped the Islamaphobic and gun control thing enough over the last mass murder regalia. More would only lessen the impact.

They have to keep up appearances on the one hand, making the largest arms shipments the world has ever known go to places where thousands are being "gunned down" and simultaneously 'cry' about private ownership of firearms at home.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It is becoming clear that this was a lone wolf, mentally ill gunman, with a stolen weapon.

But you are obviously someone who doesn't listen to facts.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
dbl.
edit on 9-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You mean Obamas command performance speech, shedding Crocodile tears. How does he top that, fall to the ground wailing?

They've pumped the Islamaphobic and gun control thing enough over the last mass murder regalia. More would only lessen the impact.

They have to keep up appearances on the one hand, making the largest arms shipments the world has ever known go to places where thousands are being "gunned down" and simultaneously 'cry' about private ownership of firearms at home.
Amen.... you said it all in one post

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I find this OP to be troubling. It was made to be snarky and for no other reason.

There has not even been a good try made at veiling it as something other than just snarkiness.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

It is becoming clear that this was a lone wolf, mentally ill gunman, with a stolen weapon.

But you are obviously someone who doesn't listen to facts.

Fact is if the police officer wouldn't have had a gun to shoot back he would have been dead.
But with our screwed up laws the poor mentally ill will get to walk because the officer didn't yell stop and give the "suspect" a chance to surrender

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am very pro-Second Amendment but frankly I am having a hard time trying to figure out the point you are trying to convey.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You think that guy is gonna walk?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The smart gun technology would have stopped the guy from pulling the trigger.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why do you think that so many pro second amendment groups oppose such technology?

Genuine question.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Why do you think that so many pro second amendment groups oppose such technology?

Because at this point it is prohibitively expensive and forcing people to adopt it would price many people out of the market.

edit on 9-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sure, I can understand that, but shouldn't the technology be available for those who want and can afford it? Some states have actually banned their sales across the board.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Sure, I can understand that, but shouldn't the technology be available for those who want and can afford it?

Sure.

Some states have actually banned their sales across the board.

Which ones?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

the red light that go's off in my head was this a false flag?
if he was still out there shooting police at random no one would have any ideal that it was a stolen gun from a cop.
and our great leader would have another gun control bill just to stop this one guy
I bet he's really crying today..... lol

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Genuine question.

Because it becomes like the movie Robocop, the elite if not already invulnerable behind fortress walls and bullet proof glass, will all be programmed into the "smart" guns memory bank.

Any official will be invulnerable to do as they please. They do that now, but its messy, and costs a lot of money lawyers, courts and paperwork.

Plus any sophisticated software is manipulable by hackers.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, my mistake. No state has banned them. Just New Jersey penned a clever law that keeps them off of all Americal shelves.

A gun that fires only in the hands of its owner isn't science fiction anymore. A so-called smart gun is already on sale in Europe. But you won't find it on store shelves in this country — in part because of an obscure New Jersey law that's had unintended consequences for the rest of the nation.

-----------------

"It actually doesn't matter if the gun has been sold," says David Kopel, a policy analyst at the Cato Institute. "If there's just one available for sale anywhere in the United States, then that triggers the handgun ban. So who would want to sell a smart gun knowing that, by doing so, they'd be imposing a handgun ban on New Jersey?"

www.npr.org...

The Guns the NRA Doesn't Want Americans to Get

One success of gun-rights activists over the past decade has been their campaign to block the advent of smart guns, firearms that use biometric and other sensor technologies to prevent them from being fired by anyone other than their owners. Even though smart guns are widely available overseas, no American gun retailers sell them—in no small part due to threats and harassment aimed at any who have tried.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: Kali74

the red light that go's off in my head was this a false flag?
if he was still out there shooting police at random no one would have any ideal that it was a stolen gun from a cop.
and our great leader would have another gun control bill just to stop this one guy
I bet he's really crying today..... lol

You are laughing at people who cry? SMH

I don;t think I could have gotten through that without tears in my eyes. It takes a hard person.

Would you have LOLd me?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join