It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day TPTB died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hey Guys!

Okay there is one thing I really don't get, What the hell happened to TPTB?
If I remember correctly I started lurking around 2009 and registered two years later. One of the first vocabulary I had to learn was "TPTB" (The Powers that Be). I realized it was heavily used and probably only a few had the same definition for it - but we all agreed on one thing, there are people behind the curtains which control everything we hear from our politicians.

So I'm asking the question, when did TPTB die? Did we win the fight?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

I think they were on a plane with Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

TPTB are still around and still occupy the positions they've always occupied.
They are still masters of puppets.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think they were on a plane with Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper.

Wrong plane. TPTB were on the plane with Kennedy Jr. and his wife.

On topic: The term has been so overused, that it's now "so 5 minutes ago". Now we just call them "patients". As in... "the patients are running the asylum".

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have always referred to them as " the Elites".

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Did Don McLean write a song about that one too?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

They hide. The enemy is you.

They don't hide as in personage. The man behind the curtain is well known, just he has this fantastic machine with all those flashing lights, belching fire, smoke and thunder.

Kind of distracting…

You want a parallel look at how the Royalty of Europe passed down their "kingdoms" to Heirs, keeping it all in the family. They lived separate from the people, behind hi walls and moats, so you didn't see them much, except on 'special' occasions.

Much pomp and circumstance.

The behind the curtain deals and machinations (pulling the levers of the machine) happens out of sight so when you see the belching smoke and flame you don't know where thats coming from or why.

The Royals have been entrenched for millennia, still are. They will never give up their power or control over everyone and everything. A bit harder to hide all that in the day of instant communication, but they are still there, having their behind closed doors meetings, pulling the levers.

The media will tell you that Putin, Obama and Merkel types are the most powerful people, they're just heads of state. The figure heads.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Our Reptilian overlords are still present, one was born to Prince William just recently.

ATS is now a board for political and religious rhetoric / trolling.
I miss the cray cray.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The elite, TPTB, the illuminati, the puppet masters...

- I'm pretty convinced that many conspire to keep humans below them in chains, to keep the power over them.
- I don't believe that they could be unconditionally best friends forever but they will be as long as it fits their bills.
- They are the ones that we can't vote out, the ones that have power over those we vote with "democracy".
- They have their claws on religions, financial institution, government agencies, the military industrial complex, the media, education and pharmaceuticals.

What I'm unaware of is their ultimate goal.

- Is it to control the world in an orwellian way?
- Is it only to keep power from the shadows indefinitely?
- Is it to please outerworld entities like aliens and/or demons?
- Is it the manke humanity evolve the way they feel is optimal?
- Is it to bring armageddon and the return of Christ?
- Is it to bring forth an "anti-christ" to rule the world?
- Are their goals bigger than existence itself, beyond our physical world?
- Is it because we are in a virtual world where to actual goal of "the game" is amounting the most wealth?
- Are they only psychopaths with no real goals other than feed their megalomaniac desires?
- Is it all of this at the same time?

Whatever, I think they are still there, for now...
Maybe one day, history won't repeat and we will find a way to keep psychopaths in check and to not let corruption get out of hand.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Most Americans have the attention span of a dog in heat.

Did they ever fix the orange juice or just take the words fresh off the container?

Here, come check out this nice orange carrot I have on the string. They know how to distract us well, they have been doing this for thousands of years.
edit on 9-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I hear ya!
Nobody uses TEOTWAWKI anymore either...I always thought it was as lame as TPTB though, never used the silly acronyms myself.

The new buzz words are cognitive dissonance, and hyperbole.
CD especially, that started a year or so ago...I sometimes wonder who first posted it.

edit on 9.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

- Is it to please outerworld entities like aliens and/or demons? - Is it the manke humanity evolve the way they feel is optimal? - Is it to bring armageddon and the return of Christ? - Is it to bring forth an "anti-christ" to rule the world? - Are their goals bigger than existence itself, beyond our physical world?

What if they are descendants of the Nephilim, the only way they retain power is through sucking negative energy? What if they're stuck here and the only way they can get back home is by attracting the attention of the creator gods who abandoned them and us?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Your not supposed to be able to see the man behind the curtain. TPTB are not dead, just look at the Orwellian society we live in and the fact that our basic freedoms are being removed on almost a daily basis under the guise of maintaining our security and stability. Not forgetting the power and sway the mass media networks have over our very thoughts and opinions and i think you might find "There" agenda is in full swing and going to plan rather eloquently.
edit on 9-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Still around.

Its US electionbuild up!

So the dumb dumb masses have forgetten its all fake and are running around like normaly thinking there "votes" matter.

Plus they have a new "Trump" card to distract the dumb gullible masses with.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Our Reptilian overlords are still present, one was born to Prince William just recently.

ATS is now a board for political and religious rhetoric / trolling.
I miss the cray cray.

This. Absolutely. I miss the old days. I still lurk,just nowhere near as much.

Back on topic.
People still use TPTB but as others have said I believe the word for it now is the elite. When talking to friends I call TPTB globalist or banksters.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Good calls!

It would fit with some of the creation myths I've heard.
edit on 9-1-2016 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sorry it took me so long to respond.
Thanks for the answers, did not expect so many I actually hoped for

Just to clarify, of course we didn't win the fight or anything. But on ATS it seems they vanished from the radar, all though being still in our heads.

The current presidential race (even it hadn't started yet) is absolutely bananas but still, most people are falling for it.
How the hell is that possible?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: intrptr

Great posts!

top topics

join