It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul LePage Insists His Drug Remarks Weren't Racist Because 'Maine Is Essentially All White'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
How disgusting, why this man is not removed, I don't know.

So instead of being a responsible gentleman, manning up to his flaws and apologizing, he justifies it. Absolutely intolerable, the sad thing is clearly people agree with this man, or else he would no longer be collecting a pay check with our tax dollars in it's fibers.

He says, and I quote:

"There are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty — these types of guys — they come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, they go back home," he said Wednesday. "Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young, white girl before they leave, which is a real sad thing because then we have another issue we have to deal with down the road."

And here is him justifying it

When is the line drawn?
edit on 9-1-2016 by theySeeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

Is it any worse than Donald saying "anchor babies"? When push comes to shove, I think that's what he meant.

Of course it's racist. As long as the females aren't being forced into sex, it's nobody's business.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I'm not defending the guy, he sounds like a tool, but...
You don't dispute the facts of what he's saying, just the way he said it?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
did he mention race of the people coming from connecticut?
he mentioned getting a white girl pregnant.
well, people of any color can get a white girl prego.
people of any color can be called g money

what is the problem

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
did he mention race of the people coming from connecticut?
he mentioned getting a white girl pregnant.
well, people of any color can get a white girl prego.
people of any color can be called g money

what is the problem

No, he hasn't said so far as I know. Because of the 'drug connection" I have made the assumption he is referring to those of the Mexican persuasion.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

i assumed he was talking about black tar dealing banger types.
they come in all colors.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

they come in all colors.

Good grief, Blacks never crossed my mind. I bet you're right, then.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I think what they meant was Black tar, meaning heroin, not black people.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sound like he's calling young white women irresponsible also.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Sound like he's calling young white women irresponsible also.

Thank God for them. I would have been a virgin forever.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I don't understand your question? Obviously I dispute everything he's saying. Does this topic offend you or make you feel guilty about your own inner-demons or something? Maybe one of your flaggers can break it down to me..

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

they come in all colors.

He's already said that's not the case with this mentioning of Maine being "95% white".

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

I think what they meant was Black tar, meaning heroin, not black people.

hahaha...youre right.
not black tar people

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme
How disgusting, why this man is not removed, I don't know.

So instead of being a responsible gentleman, manning up to his flaws and apologizing, he justifies it. Absolutely intolerable, the sad thing is clearly people agree with this man, or else he would no longer be collecting a pay check with our tax dollars in it's fibers.

He says, and I quote:

"There are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty — these types of guys — they come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, they go back home," he said Wednesday. "Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young, white girl before they leave, which is a real sad thing because then we have another issue we have to deal with down the road."

And here is him justifying it

When is the line drawn?

What exactly would cause him to be removed,?

He said some ignorant stuff but nothing racist.

Maine Vermont mass NY have serious heroine problems. Because of Drs. Over prescribing pills. The gangsters are opportunistic but the fault lies in the medical industry. Normal people don't just start using heroine unless they are addicted to opiates.

There is no judicial or congressional procedure for removing a governor for ignorance or ad you see it racism.

He is no more racist than any other politician.

You think Obama isn't? What has he done for the poor inner cities. Not very much. The policy of leaving our inner city problems without even discussing ways of fixing problems is the most racist thing there is. And both liberals and conservatives at the federal level are guilty of it. Much worse than anything that could be spoken.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Dealers are dealers and are opportunistic, but there is a larger issue of heroin addiction in suburban white communities regardless if the dealers name is D money,Shifty, Juan da man , or Bobby B white, this heroin thing this time around have hit white suburban communities first than the other way around, I say look at the real issue and root cause and how to best deal with it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"There are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty — these types of guys — they come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, they go back home,"

Isn't that what Biggie said, "never sell crack where you rest at, I don't care if they want an ounce, tell'em bounce".

Ah, yea some of probably are black folks but heck if Maine is 95% white, i'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that most dealers are white too, let's go ahead and live dangerously there for minute.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Deal with the drug problem.

Or get offended by a perceived racist remark.

hmmm. . . . . priorities. . . . . .

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What is so disgusting? He calls it as he sees it? Is that what is bothering the PC America today? You can't say what is really happening without being labeled racist and disgusting.

Honestly if everything he is saying is true, and I will take his word for it since I am not there, I personally feel you are disgusting for posting this calling it racist and disgusting.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I saw the movie Attack of the Black Tar People.
Old B-movie with John Agar and alien women with pointed brassieres?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Looking at the stats, Maine's white population is 95% and black population is 1.4% so he is kind of right, plus I know D-Money and he is a black guy who sells drugs with a hobby to impregnate white woman...lol

I wonder if it sounds better if he said our small population of young black women...

edit on 9-1-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join