It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe was created ten seconds ago.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I think we have a fair perspective of time based on the laws of Physics, which you'd have to admit were created by God to maintain the perfect order and harmony of the entire universe.

I stack 5 cans on a bottom row, 4 on top of those, 3 on top of those, 2 and 1 etc. Perfect harmony . Why would I need a concept of time to "prove" the symmetry. I think you need to see god in all beauty. Spend 2-3 hours in a sewer and tell me the first thing that comes to mind is God? In fact I think time and entropy would work against a general beleif in god.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Time for a new bible, maybe I should write it.

Why do you limit your search for god to the bible - there are many other paths

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Personally i imagine freewill is an illusion, which is not to say i subscribe to the notion of predestination. Just that certain aspects of our reality seem to be determined by powers outwith our control long before our conception.

I agree ... I also do not believe in free will ... I think we do have free choice however ... A choice between options ... Those options being limited by the very powers you speak of ... those that existed and still exist before our conception

Suppose the question is if there is a creator or guiding force regarding our universe does he/she/it have a plan or is it simply sitting back and watching the show unfold?

I do believe each has a purpose or part to play within a Universal Plan
We choose daily how we will be ...
To put it simply ... we can choose to be in Harmony or at discord with the Universal Plan I speak of

I also think it is the seemingly simple things that are the most important ... How we choose to be with our fellow beings

I know for one that I have many flaws ... these flaws are my challenges

edit on 9-1-2016 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Most of those paths are derived from Sun worship. Personally im quite partial to Plato's analogy of the cave with regards as to how we perceive reality.

edit on 9-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

What about all those little children that cease to exist down to war and famine through? What part or purpose do they serve regarding any universal plan?

See all that goes to prove to me is that nature seems to be rather a cruel mistress and if not then Human nature seems quite happy to provide the cruelty.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

purpose or part to play within a Universal Plan We choose daily how we will be ... To put it simply ... we can choose to be in Harmony or at discord with the Universal Plan I speak of

I dont think there is a Universal Plan, sure there are conditions that are conducive to life to sustain itself. We can tweak forces to unfold conditions conducive to our plan/needs. Not being all knowing we sometimes may choose a path that leads to discord but ultimately you will get there maybe it will just take longer but valuable lessons will still be learnt.

If you capitalize "Universal Plan" "Harmony" "Discord" are you tending towards a Creator? I personally think that if there was a creator "it" left this sphere of reality sometime ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: intrptr

Certainty agree as to us being conditioned to think, feel and act in a certain way. Yesterdays organised religion being today's mass media networks.

Short of isolating oneself away from the rest of reality, which kind of defeats the purpose of life, i really don't see anyway out of there control anytime soon.

You'll be fine, just remain aware of your identity. Don't let them pull you from your center.

And refuse to become like them.

The ones puppeting everyone and the eager puppets that scold and scorn for not identifying with their group think, the hell with them all.

That becomes more apparent when you go against the flow, like I did yesterday. What fun fun the puppets had scolding me for not joining in the Muslim bashing.
edit on 9-1-2016 by intrptr because: horrible spelling.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Excellent. The Matrix comes to mind also, The original Roller Ball, THX 1138, Brazil, Logan's Run and this…

edit on 9-1-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Its not the flow im worried about regarding my own generation. Its the pace it seems to be picking up and the politically correct direction its heading in regrading my children's generation, or coming generations.

Quite frankly the Orwellian way of life we experience today is nothing by comparison to what our future generations will be forced to endure.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

What about all those little children that cease to exist down to war and famine through? What part or purpose do they serve regarding any universal plan?

War and Poverty are disgraceful and the enemy of Humanity
Yet we have free choice ...

If we did not have free choice
and were forced to blindly accept Peace and Abundance
We would be no better than a pre programmed robot

If we choose to war with our own kind then we have to accept the consequences of such a choice
The Universe does not force us to comply but there are natural consequences to the choices we make
We can learn from our mistakes if we choose to do so

See all that goes to prove to me is that nature seems to be rather a cruel mistress and if not then Human nature seems quite happy to provide the cruelty.

I would say that Human Nature is both loving and also Cruel
Depending on our choices

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have a problem with "most of those paths are derived from sun worship", it sounds so authoritative. I will however state that there is nothing inherently incorrect with equating a powerful connection between the "Sun and a God"

as to the Cave...do philosophers actually have a better understanding of life? Who's to say that reality isnt an illusion, or a Matrix that we are enslaved to?
Its more fun strive to reclaim our oneness, there is no seperation, and tweak the Matrix to bend to our will.

Its fun but not very fruitful to go all philosophical, they are after all only words, concepts...
therefore as the saying goes "action speaks louder than words"

www.theologicalstudies.org...

POINT OF THE CAVE ANALOGY: According to Plato, the world outside the cave represents the world of forms while the shadows on the wall represent objects in the physical world. The escape of the prisoner represents philosophical enlightenment and the realization that forms are the true reality. Most people are like the prisoners in the cave. They think the shadows are reality. Philosophers, though, are like the man who escapes the cave and sees the real world. They have true knowledge.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If our actions as a species through speak louder than words it does not exactly say much regarding our caretaker ship of our Earth not to mention the way we treat one another. We certainly seem doomed to repeat certain aspects of history and refuse to learn from our past transgressions and mistakes.

As to us bending the Matrix or tweaking it to our will, should we actually be able to measure and determine down to the individual unit of Planck. Which is possibly only 5-10 years distant, we may indeed be able to determine if the holographic principle holds weight regarding our universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Absolutely. The cycles repeating itself as we speak. A new old low.

Sorry for the kids.

Teach them coping skills to deal with rejection, embarrassment, teasing and peer pressure.

They can still be in it and not a part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I dont think there is a Universal Plan, sure there are conditions that are conducive to life to sustain itself. We can tweak forces to unfold conditions conducive to our plan/needs. Not being all knowing we sometimes may choose a path that leads to discord but ultimately you will get there maybe it will just take longer but valuable lessons will still be learnt.

Of course I can only speak from my own personal beliefs
But that said ... Here are my thoughts:-

Surviving is part of the Universal Plan
The Universe has found a way to survive

If Humanity as a species destroys itself the Universe will still continue and we will have blown a chance

If you capitalize "Universal Plan" "Harmony" "Discord" are you tending towards a Creator? I personally think that if there was a creator "it" left this sphere of reality sometime ago.

Yes I do believe in a Creator
As for spheres ... I believe there are many
I believe all is linked whether visible or invisible to this source

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Dont think we will ever be forced to accept peace. That's something one must choose to accept, and that will never happen while the human paradigm remains the same. If world war 3 were to happen tomorrow humanity would fight world war 4 with stick and stones, point is we would still fight and squabble over resources and petty matters.

To may have nots in our society apposed to the haves, and that gap is only getting wider. Need to address the distribution of wealth and power before any paradigm shift regarding our nature could ever occur.

And it will never happen while TPTB regrading our respective societies remain in place. Absolute power corrupts absolutely "They" prove that every day.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

"They can still be in it and not a part of the problem. "

With the labels we place on our children in this information age i dont see how they can be in it and not part of the problem. Considering everything we do, and our ever action is recorded to some degree or another. And its only going to get more intrusive.

Take ADD as a label for instance, when i was a wane that was simply considered to be a wayward child that needed additional guidance, now its a disease and/or mental health issue.

That's not progress if you ask me, that's compartmentalization.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

True ... Non can be forced to accept peace

I agree that those who live abundance could (some do) assist those who live in poverty
Feeding the hungry alleviates the immediate problem
But also giving others the tools to be more self reliant is also important

There is nothing wrong with power and wealth ... How that power and wealth is used is a different matter

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Lets take the Vatican for instance. Should said organisation that claims to wish for good will and peace on earth regarding Mankind ever decide to open its vast coffers they could theoretically end world poverty in around a decade. But they wont.

Point is those that have the power and wealth dont want Joe public to have enough to subside on if it diminishes there own power.

Which if you think about is is why most organised religions and political institutions thrive in today's world at the expense of the majority of the people who they claim to represent. If that's not the tail waging the dog then i dont know what is.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
“Time is an illusion.” ― Albert Einstein

There is no past, no future. Only the "now".

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

And in 10 seconds you'll be dead. Then comes judgement.
You're just playing a silly game with yourself is my point.
And your thread is IGNORANT> beyond belief.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join